August 27, 2014 | 1827 users online

Lip Gloss - Revlon - ColorStay Overtime Sheer Lipcolor Sheer Petal

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Teddykane

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was expecting a softer color but this is a bit 'Barbie'. However, I duly applied the pink end - beyond sticky! Tried to blot some off. Once I'd managed to pick all the bits of tissue off that were glued to my lips, I tried the sheer end. Did not help much. Gloss wore off quickly & still left a sticky feel. Tried a lip balm instead - helped a bit. After a couple of hours, the product had dried out leaving my lips feeling cracked & unpleasant (and still a bit sticky). Horrid stuff - would def never buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by kelseylicious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a dual-ended wand product with one side being long-lasting lipstick and the other being a lipgloss. The cool-toned pink shade of the lipstick is very pretty when applied. It goes on slightly sheer, and compliments my natural lip color and my complexion. When applying, it does have the tendency to want to settle into creases but this can be prevented by applying in a smooth sweep with plenty of product on the sponge wand. It is very drying and smells horrible, but I just apply cherry-flavored Carmex over the lipstick and that takes care of both problems. I absolutely hate the gloss though. It's sticky, smelly, and cheap looking! Overall, I rated this as a 3 and as a "not buying again" because I think it might be a bit silly to spend $9 on a product that I only use half of. If I can't find a similar color in another brand, then I will repurchase, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2009 1:43:00 PM More reviews by amydo

I got Sheer Petal Revlon ColorStay Overtime Sheer at Rite Aid 75%. The tube has 2 ends. One is for the color and the other is gloss to apply after the color is dry. I think Sheer Petal is OK color, more pink than I normally would wear. I am more into true nude. I like the gloss, it make your lip soft , not too shiny like some of the lip gloss does. It claimed last up to 12 hours. Don't believe these claims. If your lips touch something, it will transfer. I like it because the lip gloss is very smooth, I would only buy it again if it is on sale.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by ias23

the lipcolor is not flattering while the sheer side is not so bad but not so good either, it's kinda sticky but it gives the lips a nice sheer, so i just used it alone but it fades quickly. this is not long lasting at all. boo!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2008 2:42:00 AM More reviews by missspiggie

I have this in the lipstick, I'm not a gloss girl. I think when I first got it I liked it. But it doesn't go on nice at all. Like it gets into every crack and doesn't look smooth. Just cakes up. Not moisturizing at all. I'm a sucker for anything Pink but this color just never showed, my lips lighter than this so that's not the problem.

Another problem I had with this and I don't know if it's just me but it smells weird. I've had this problem with their LipGlide as well but that's a different type of weird. I don't like my make up smelling. That's just gross. And the lipstick itself broke off easily and that's never happened to me with a lipstick.

I think I'm done with Revlon Lip products. I've had much better luck with Maybelline.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2007 2:07:00 AM More reviews by YUMAWOMAN

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first product which lived up to its claims of long wearing lipcolor. I love it! The color stays on for hours - only the gloss needs reapplied as desired.

Petal is a nice pink color, good for everyday.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2005 11:51:00 AM More reviews by rugby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a let down I wanted to like this product but its not very flattering just a let down

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2005 8:41:00 PM More reviews by beautyqueenof14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The main point of this product is that it lasts for eight hours. It is two sided, one with color, and one with shimmering topcoat. While the color does, in fact, last for hours, you have to reapply the topcoat frequently in order to keep the shimmering softness that makes it look its best. Also, it is very expensive. But overall, I recommend it for anyone looking for great color without the trouble of reapplying! I personally like it in the sahde "Sheer Petal" because it works well with darker skin tones. But there are many different shades, and definently one for you!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2005 4:54:00 PM More reviews by bestscreennameever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Sheer Petal is a cool toned, bright pink. It is not obnoxiously bright, but because I am so pale, I feel a little strange wearing it sometimes (depending on what I'm wearing and where I am, etc). The color goes on smoothly and lasts a long time with no flaking or chipping. Like the other colors in this line, it is slightly shimmery, as is its coordinating topcoat. It is also sheer enough to build up more color if you so desire. I am very pale and cool toned, and I think it would probably look better on cool toned people, but the previous reviewer with yellow undertones liked it, so who knows? Since these are sheer, I think most of the colors are probably workable with most complexions. This cost me nearly $10 at Ulta. The Overtime Sheers are the best long-lasting lipsticks I have found thus far.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2005 10:04:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I love the Revlon ColorStay sheer's. Sheer Petal and Sheer Naked are my 2 favorite. They last at least 8 hrs for me. This is a true, bright pink color, but very natural looking at the same time. It's the only bright pink I can wear with my medium skin with yellow undertones that doesn't make my face look dirty or just plain wrong. I get a ton of compliments when I wear this. I only wish they would make the gloss side bigger and with more product than the color side since I only use the color once/day and the gloss 5-6 times/day.