August 22, 2014 | 1028 users online

Lipstick - Lola Cosmetics - Lip Creme-Penelope

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2007 2:22:00 AM More reviews by miotiramisu

Penelope is a take-anywhere lipstick with the perfect light rose/sunset pink color. The creme formula is moisturizing and leaves your lips soft with no waxy fragrance weird rosy scents. The color stays on so long and for $18 it's such a great buy. I am in love with this shade.. it gives me a happy-go- lucky-pretty girl next door next girl type of feeling. It's definitely something you can wear on a night out, on a romantic date or afternoon tea with friends. If you're looking for a neutral (not nude) type of lipstick you can wear with anything, this would be it. I'm thinking about buying an extra 1 for traveling or to keep in my clutch. CON: the only con about Lola lipsticks is the packaging which comes with a little flip out mirror attached to the side of the top. Even though the concept is pretty cool, sometimes the plastic cap inside the top becomes loose and it's just a hassle to put it back together. But because I love Penelop so much, I'd repurchase anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2007 5:38:00 PM More reviews by KamiSue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Whenever I reach for my Penelope l/s, Iím reminded of Odysseus and his loyal wife Penelope. Although Odysseus has many, many adventures far from home, Penelope turns away other suitors for 20 years and remains faithful to him until they are reunited. Although I have several other l/s in rotation, I return again and again to Penelope (my first Lola purchase). Itís my tried and true ďneutralĒ l/s and a great everyday lip colour. Itís a pinky, brownish shade that doesnít wash me out, but provides a tiny bit of ďpopĒ. The texture is creamy, moist and highly pigmented; this l/s is unscented. The packaging is more sassy and fun than chic. The red case is easy to spot in a crowded bag and the built-in mirror is clever and super convenient. Itís an expensive ($26 CDN) but worthy treat. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2007 9:01:00 AM More reviews by trixiefaux

Great lipstick. Smooth, creamy, long lasting. The color Penelope is pretty for day or night. Can't wait to try more lipsticks from this line. I wasn't crazy about the Lola eyeliner pencil I tried, but the lipstick is a definite keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2006 12:11:00 AM More reviews by JC1976

Penelope was my first introduction to Lola l/s. I've been looking for a great medium/day pink - not light or dark or frosty - and thought I'd try Lola during Sephora's FF sale. This color is a little more of a nutmeg pink - and I am pretty sure I will be wearing it during my wedding this year. I am in love w/ the texture, smoothness, and quality of Lola l/s. All you need is one swipe. The packaging is genious and incredibly cute. I've been exclusive to BB l/s for a while now, but Lola definitely gives BB a run for it's money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2006 11:44:00 AM More reviews by katrinachips

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Haven't written a review for a while but I must now coz I've found my HG rosy mauve lipstick! It's creamy, comfortable, pigmented and so elegant looking on the lips. I can wore it without any lipliner and it smooths on nicely, providing full coverage. Definitely would purchase again if this one runs out!