LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

on 7/3/2015 2:31:00 PM

I got this product on sale and I was very excited to see the results because the claims are appealing, specially the fact that it promises to even the skin tone. I did notice a difference, used the full pot and I would repurchase (and will) when it's on sale again. It is not very great at removing makeup, I used it after that or in the morning. I am very pale and my skin tends to get red on the cheeks, angels on bare skin repaired it.

Pros:
Smells nice
Works great
Does what it claims
Lasts a long time

Cons:
You need a cleanser to remove makeup before you use it
The tiny seeds can get annoying, but it's bearable

on 7/3/2015 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff really screwed up my skin. I used it I think at the most 3 times. My partner at the time was around when I was complaining about my face burning. She gave me the craziest look amd told me to look in the mirror.
Ugh.
My skin wasn't red or patchy. But it had the texture of an orange peel. Very, very bumpy. I was really upset and honestly freaked out about it; I've never had a severe reaction to face products before, and Lush was usually good to my skin.
I returned the product, and the manager felt so bad that she actually gifted me a Full of Grace bar and and Ayesha mask to settle the odd bumps. It soothed it, but took a couple of weeks. Won't touch this or Dark Angels again.

on 7/3/2015 12:54:00 AM

This product was the epitome of 'ehh', It was okay at most. It had a lovely faint scent of lavender. The almond skin chunks were too few and far in between to be a good exfoliant. It didn't really give me a clean feeling and didnt do much for acne. However it did smell nice and had an interesting texture. It was not overly drying either like some cleaners can be.

Would most likely only purchase again if I was in a rush and desperate for any cleanser.

on 7/2/2015 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm one of those people who don't necessarily believe or buy into the whole natural-is-better in terms of skincare because I believe every person's skin is different and to some, synthetic ingredients and chemicals may actually be more beneficial than natural ones. That's why my expectations of Angels was pretty low despite two of my friends who have very different skin types from each other raving about this cleanser. Friend 1 has perfect asf skin who doesn't need to do so much to it and Friend 2 has a more similar skin type to me - sensitive to the environment, weather, lifestyle and stress, sometimes oily, sometimes dry, breakout prone.

I also haven't used a cleanser in YEARS because every cleanser I've tried has either made my skin too oily or too dry or is just plain too harsh, conditions which made me break out very badly :( thus, I have a pretty big distrust of regularly cleansing my face, especially since my skin has been better off not being cleansed anyway.

So I came into using Angels with a very doubtful mind. I decided to use it once everyday in the mornings so I can really see if it's the type of cleanser I can use regularly, but only used it on the right side of my face so I can really see and compare how my skin handles Angels compared to just using good ol' lukewarm water. Although it's a pretty short period of time, I tested out Angels for one week after obtaining a sample from Lush...

Pros:
- I can use this cleanser regularly! No dryness/redness/flakiness AND didn't make me too oily, hence it didn't make break me out!
- Quite moisturising on dry skin! Helps get rid of dry patches!!
- The bits of kaolin, almond and lavender in Angels feel nice and soothing but not very harsh as exfoliators.
- I actually don't need very much of the cleanser to cover my face. I only have a small sample and I've only used a third of it.

Cons:
- Usage - the packaging. The fact that it will spoil easily if you're careless with preserving the cleanser. Having to "make" the cleanser. I actually don't mind this so much and I can live with all this for now but when you're in a rush, using this cleanser isn't so convenient.
- Angels brightens the skin overall, but not sure if it can help with hyperpigmentation. I might need to use Angels for longer to see if it can get rid of that or not.
- I feel like Angels neither worsens nor helps prevent breakouts. It would be nice to have a cleanser that actually prevents breakouts but will work as gently as Angels does.
- Price... seems expensive at first, but honestly.. most lowish-mid range skincare products cost the same as Angels anyway.
- Doesn't remove makeup. This isn't a con for me personally, but it seems to be for many people. I never expected Angels to be a makeup remover anyway and it never claims to be one, so this shouldn't be a problem.

If only Angels can actually prove that it will help fade hyperpigmentation and maintain breakout-free skin, but am I asking for too much? Maybe. I'm very keen to look into Lush's other cleansers and see if they have one that actually actively but gently gets rid of/prevents breakouts, but I'll continue to use Angels till the sample runs out. If I feel like it's done these things, I will be very impressed and surprised! I've known about this cleanser for years now and refused to try it because of my cleanser phobia, so I'm still shocked that Angels has restored my trust and faith in facial cleansers and cleansing!

on 6/29/2015 12:35:00 AM

I use this product when my breakouts are at a minimum because it didn't do much when I used it on my cystic acne (which I get regularly on my chin) Good morning cleanser. The first solid cleanser I'd ever brought but it's not hard to use at all. A pinch of product + a few drops of water + mixing it together in your palm = a great cleanser from Lush. Only con is it can get a bit messy and my partner and parents don't like the mess I leave behind after using this product.

on 6/19/2015 8:46:00 AM

such a beautiful cleanser. best for minimal make up days. smoothes skin

on 6/17/2015 5:13:00 AM

I tried this product some time ago and have recently repurchased. I love lush products and this is no exception. It is a little awkward to use but I think a lot of there stuff is like that. I am use to easy pump packs and bottles products. I find this product to be work wonderfully on my skin with regard to keeping my skin lovely and fresh without feeling like I am stripping it bare. However it does nothing for acne or blemishes, which is slightly disappointing. I use it as an in between face was, when I feel the products I use for acne are a bit too much and I want to clean my skin without over drying it.

See the link for more info on this product: http://yellowlacecats.blogspot.com.au/2013/10/angels-on-bare-skin.html

on 6/8/2015 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I recently discovered Lush. After years of just walking past it, I walked in recently and bought a couple of body products that I absolutely loved. My experience with the body products was so good (and I became such a fan of their body stuff) that I decided to try their skincare as well. I was also curious about trying this brand considering that they use so many natural ingredients. Please note I am not the type of person who thinks everything that is natural is better. I am a scientist and as such I truly appreciate the killing power of many natural compounds. Cyanide, vinca alkaloids, radium! These are just three deadly examples!

Now onto this cleanser. I knew the pot was not very practical and I wasn't sure if I would enjoy having to mix the paste with water. I went ahead and bought it anyway. The first time I used it I noticed it doesn't really form 'a paste', it just so happens that big 'crumbs' of cleanser become smaller 'crumbs' when water is added. I scooped a small amount out, added some warm water to my hand, mixed and proceeded with application. On a wet face, it left a residue after rinsing. When I tried it on a dry face, it didn't leave as much of a residue but it still didn't feel completely clean.

I used it a few times but I quickly gave up on it. It feels a bit harsh yet the crushed almonds do not provide adequate exfoliation. So they are a bit pointless, really. Why would I want to rub my face with a scruby substance everyday if then I will still have to exfoliate with an actual exfoliatior? I am also not a fan of scrubby products to begin with. The cleanser also left a residue most of the time. Three or four days days after using this, ultrabland and vanishing cream my jaw (which had been under control) was breaking out like crazy and my face was very dry but very oily at the same time. I do not know if this cleanser is to blame for the oiliness and breakouts but its poor performance, the residue, the unappealing texture, the mess it caused in my sink every time and the dryness it caused on my lips made me not want to give this cleanser any more time.

Overall I believe this is an overpriced cleanser and while it is an interesting concept, it was messy, ineffective and drying. It's a no from me. I would like to give it some lippies... but it doesn't do anything for my skin it doesn't even clean it properly so I will have to give it only 1 lippie.

Edit: One more lippie due to the excellent returns policy where Lush allows you to return used products. In the UK, where I live at the moment, it's pretty much unheard of. Estee Lauder and Clinique accept used products but they ask too many questions. Lush truly has a no quibble return policy. I wish all companies were like that.

on 6/6/2015 5:23:00 PM

My daughter and I both used this cleanser. We both love it. This will remove dirt and oil, but will not remove makeup. You need to used makeup remover first. This leave our face soft and smooth. We used this twice a day. We love lush products.

on 5/14/2015 3:46:00 AM

This is so fun to use! I got attracted to the novelty of a facial wash in this form. Apparently the recipe is from the medieval times. Exotic :)

Don't take too much product out of the tub. All you need is just a pea size. If you take too big a lump it'd be hard to blend it into a paste.

As the paste still has little bits and pieces that make it uneven, I don't use a lot of strength when massaging the product on my skin. Gently does it.

I think the product should avoid water.. so storing it in a cool, dry place in the bathroom is important.

Your skin will look radiant and supple after wash. Enjoyable product to use.