January 30, 2015 | 1827 users online

Bronzers - NARS - Orgasm-Laguna Blush-Bronzer Duo

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2015 3:46:00 AM More reviews by sammynorton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Both NARS Laguna and Orgasm have had rave reviews and I needed to try both of these cult-classics, and when I saw that they came in a duo I decided to buy it.

I loooove Laguna. It is an absolutely beautiful shade. When you first look at it in the pan, you are probably going to think its a bit dark but believe me, it isn't. It blends beautifully and doesn't look muddy or dirty. It probably looks best on fair/medium skin tones, if you have a darker complexion it may not show up well.

Orgasm, however, I was a little bit disappointed. It's a beautiful coral shade, but it is fairly glittery and sheer. I was expecting a little bit more but none the less, it is still a nice blush. I do find myself reaching for it occasionally but I do like my other blushes a bit better.

I do think it's a nice duo and I would most likely buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2015 10:21:00 PM More reviews by lisakay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

While I did think this duo was very pretty (I have medium skin with yellow undertones) the glitter in the blush was a bit too much for me, and worst of all, I had an allergic reaction. I wore this for two days in a row. On the first day, a red hive-like bump appeared on my right cheek. The next day, the same thing happened on the left cheek and both cheeks were inflamed. I'm pretty sure it was the blush side of the duo that caused this.

Another reviewer (under the blush-only review) mentioned that this blush contains bismuth oxychloride, which some people are allergic to. It also contains parabens. I ended up replacing this with a Bare Minerals blush in Aphrodisiac that is beautiful, doesn't contain those chemicals and doesn't bother my skin. For such an expensive line, I'm surprised to see those kinds of ingredients in NARS products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2015 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I have the larger size of this duo. The travel size is great, but it wasn't available at the time I bought mine. It's difficult for me to find a bronzer that doesn't make me look like I have dirt on my face, or like an oompa loompa, because I'm super pale--N/NW10-15. Surprisingly, laguna works on my skin, even though it looks dark in the pan. And even though I normally steer clear of pink blushes because I have a lot of pink in my skin, orgasm is very flattering. It looks like a warm peachy glow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by EmRose6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

As a blush/bronzer hoarder, this is one item that I have used enough to hit pan - and that is saying a lot for me! I debated for months weather or not to buy the 'real' Orgasm, so I opted for the mini Laguna/Orgasm duo (around $25-ish at my local Sephora) and the rest is history. I love shimmery cheeks - Orgasm is so finely milled and sheer, which creates the perfect flush on my NC25 skin. Laguna is the perfect bronze - not ashy enough to contour, but not overly red or orange. It gives my skin the perfect sunkissed look. I've hit pan on Laguna becuase I also use this on my neck and chest with a kabuki brush. I always thought this duo was overrated before I tried it. It's so small and convenient to use and carry with. I've used Orgasm everyday for the past 3 months and haven't even hit pan. Will definitely repurchase. Also - I have used the ELF blush/bronzer duo and it is NOT a dupe. Semi-similar but not even close..the bronzer is almost too dark and has more red undertones, while the blush is more peachy (less pink) and has glittery chunks as opposed to Orgasm's shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2014 3:29:00 AM More reviews by alixkat

This has been my go-to blush/bronzer duo for a few years now. Laguna blends well and is great for a light contour during the day and layers well for a heavier look on nights out. Orgasm comes on a bit heavy but I find with a bit of blending it gives me just the right pop of color for the rosy look I like. I like that it is a duo because it's easy to toss in my handbag for quick touch ups without having to tote my entire makeup bag around. Even when I like to mix things up, I will always keep this product around and continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by grapes123xo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so glad they put these together in a convenient little compact with mirror. The mix of laguna and orgasm makes me look tanned and glowing. I am really happy with palette and I will repurchase when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am not impressed with Orgasm. The color is great, but it has a lot of shimmer or frostiness to it when on the face. I knew it was shimmery, but it is too much for my everyday taste. I think it's good for special occasions or when you are wearing a full, glamorous face of makeup. I will probably continue to use it to see if my mind changes. I do like laguna. It blends easily and doesn't come across orange. I am NW15, so it is not hard to find a bronzer that shows up on my skin. Usually, I have trouble with too much showing up, but this is easy to blend out if I ever get heavy handed. Like all nars blushes/bronzers, this lasts on your face all day. I am never disappointed with NARS' staying power. I like the duo concept, but just wish I had a different blush that is less frosty. I would however, repurchase laguna on its own.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by thestyleduckling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I hadn't ever bough a high end bronzer before, but it was so worth it. Laguna is a great warm tone on my face without being orange, and I have yet to put too much on that I couldn't work into blending out.

Orgasm was a little underwhelming considering the hype, but I do like that I don't have to worry about applying too much and looking like a clown. My cheeks are quite acne prone so when I take all that time to cover up my scars and spots, I don't want a product that will just undo all of my hard work.

Having said that, I would probably just repurchase Laguna in the full size and skip on Orgasm after I've used it all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this from a sephora favorites box last year.

I really favor Laguna, its such a beautiful bronzer on my fair skin tone. It doesn't appear orange at all, very yellow based. It has buildable pigmentation which is great too. The shimmer isn't really noticeable, I can put it wherever I desire without a shimmer overload. This is the first bronzing product I've hit pan on, but I don't think it counts since its a small size. ;)

Orgasm is a pretty sheer peach with shimmer. I've found this to be quite hard to get unto a brush. Its really hard to overdo, which I love. It adds a nice glow to my face.

So, I wouldn't buy this again because orgasm was a bit underwhelming. Laguna is fantastic though, so definitely will get the full size.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Isaberura

I dunno is it just because my skin tone, but the hype about Orgasm and Laguna doesn't really work for me (I'm NC35). Orgasm didn't show up on my skin except for its shimmery effect whatsoever. Laguna also for me is too light for a bronzer, I can find other better performing bronzer from other brands.