NARS Orgasm-Laguna Blush-Bronzer Duo

4.4

on 8/29/2015 7:08:00 AM

I fail to see the hype behind this product. I thought the blush "Orgasm" was going to be so much more exciting than it actually was. It is too glittery, which is very teenage. The bronzer itself is difficult to apply in this packaging because it is tiny in comparison to the full-sized product. I would not purchase either of these products on their own and certainly not when paired together.

on 7/26/2015 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I got this just because Orgasm and Laguna were popular and what better way to try both then with a duo?

I'm an NC30 and when I'm tan I'm around NC35-NC42.
I am quite warm toned.

I dont feel as though I would repurchase this duo or the blush/bronzer at all.
They're both quite sheer and shimmery although I don't mind a blush being shimmery.

Orgasm- it's a nice pink color with gold shimmer but I actually have this blush from Mary Kay that is a total dupe for this color(the pressed mineral one in Shy or Shy Blush) and its's more pigmented. I actually prefer the Mary Kay one. Orgasm is just... Too sheer.
I know I can build it up but for a higher quality brand you'd expect better pigmentation, otherwise I'm just paying for packaging and the brand.

Laguna- it's a nice golden brown color but once applied it's again, sheer.
I think this would work good for people that want a little bit of warmth all over but I don't use bronzers for that.
I prefer adding bronzer over my grey-brown contour color to add a tad bit of warmth and this is too light/shimmer for that.
I do like the formulas, very smooth but I won't be purchasing again, overrated.

on 2/27/2015 2:58:00 AM

I bought this having already known that I liked the Nars Orgasm blush. I was looking for a way to declutter my makeup bag and figured there was no better way than to find something that was a 2-in-1. The blush lasts all day for me but it tends to lose the pink color, and become noticeably more glittery throughout the day. This can look tacky sometimes but usually a blotting sheet will fix that in an instant. The bronzer on the other hand is too light for my skin tone. I would ideally have liked it to be a shade darker, but if I apply more of it, it works really well as a bronzer.

on 2/23/2015 10:18:00 PM

I really love this duo, it is the first nars product i have ever purchaced and i think it is great that i could get two of their most loved products together for a cheaper price! I was worried that i wouldn't like the blush at all as i usually opt for a matte blush but it leaves a lovely glow on my cheeks rather then big chunks of glitter, the bronzer is also the perfect color for my pailer complexion it is light enough that i can wear it during the day but i can still build it up for night time wear

on 2/14/2015 4:13:00 PM

Just for the record, I didn't purchase this, but a friend gave it to me. I like both Orgasm and Laguna, the colors are beautiful and the shimmer isn't too obnoxious in either. However, I'm not sure if mine is defective or if this is just how it's supposed to be, but both powders are extremely sheer and difficult to pick up; so difficult, in fact, that I can't even really swatch it because I can barely get any pigmentation on my finger. Again, mine could be defective, but if that's really how it is, then I'm very disappointed in such a cult product. I supposr I don't mind the sheerness, but it's irritating having to spend a good chunk of time trying to build it up so it actually makes a noticeable difference in my makeup. Not a bad product, but for what I know it's worth, I expect more. I'm still giving it a four, though, because the packaging is very sturdy and the colors, however difficult, are very beautiful.

on 1/26/2015 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Both NARS Laguna and Orgasm have had rave reviews and I needed to try both of these cult-classics, and when I saw that they came in a duo I decided to buy it.

I loooove Laguna. It is an absolutely beautiful shade. When you first look at it in the pan, you are probably going to think its a bit dark but believe me, it isn't. It blends beautifully and doesn't look muddy or dirty. It probably looks best on fair/medium skin tones, if you have a darker complexion it may not show up well.

Orgasm, however, I was a little bit disappointed. It's a beautiful coral shade, but it is fairly glittery and sheer. I was expecting a little bit more but none the less, it is still a nice blush. I do find myself reaching for it occasionally but I do like my other blushes a bit better.

I do think it's a nice duo and I would most likely buy it again.

on 1/8/2015 10:21:00 PM

While I did think this duo was very pretty (I have medium skin with yellow undertones) the glitter in the blush was a bit too much for me, and worst of all, I had an allergic reaction. I wore this for two days in a row. On the first day, a red hive-like bump appeared on my right cheek. The next day, the same thing happened on the left cheek and both cheeks were inflamed. I'm pretty sure it was the blush side of the duo that caused this.

Another reviewer (under the blush-only review) mentioned that this blush contains bismuth oxychloride, which some people are allergic to. It also contains parabens. I ended up replacing this with a Bare Minerals blush in Aphrodisiac that is beautiful, doesn't contain those chemicals and doesn't bother my skin. For such an expensive line, I'm surprised to see those kinds of ingredients in NARS products.

on 1/8/2015 10:57:00 AM

I have the larger size of this duo. The travel size is great, but it wasn't available at the time I bought mine. It's difficult for me to find a bronzer that doesn't make me look like I have dirt on my face, or like an oompa loompa, because I'm super pale--N/NW10-15. Surprisingly, laguna works on my skin, even though it looks dark in the pan. And even though I normally steer clear of pink blushes because I have a lot of pink in my skin, orgasm is very flattering. It looks like a warm peachy glow.

on 12/28/2014 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

It took me ages to finally crack down and buy this duo ($24 USD for the travel size from Sephora) but I think it was well worth it just so I could see what all the fuss was about. I was convinced there was a number of dupes for both the bronzer and blush. I think Laguna was the real star of the show for me: a perfect golden brown with just enough sheen to keep it from looking dull (I hit pan on that long ago). Although, I truly think Laguna looks VERY different depending on the shade of foundation I use that day (in accordance with the condition of my fake tan on my face). I think Orgasm is just okay - the very first time I tried it I loved it and thought it was so unique and brightening, and that the gold was so finely milled in the pink. It's a sheer formula which is nice, but the more I use it the more it's apparent to me that the gold shimmer is borderline glitter flecks. I have a ways to go on that, so I probably wouldn't repurchase Orgasm specifically (pricey for something that can easily be replicated) Otherwise, I think this is a great way to try both the blush and bronzer out. It's great to travel with, but of course the NARS packaging gets a little grimy.

on 11/26/2014 3:29:00 AM

This has been my go-to blush/bronzer duo for a few years now. Laguna blends well and is great for a light contour during the day and layers well for a heavier look on nights out. Orgasm comes on a bit heavy but I find with a bit of blending it gives me just the right pop of color for the rosy look I like. I like that it is a duo because it's easy to toss in my handbag for quick touch ups without having to tote my entire makeup bag around. Even when I like to mix things up, I will always keep this product around and continue to repurchase.

Popular Bronzers