Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser

3.5

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Gelatin, Steareth-21, Salicylic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Fragrance, Menthol, Disodium EDTA

This product has been around since the 1990s when I first used it as a teenager. This is a refreshing cleanser that can be nice to have on hand for occasional use. I would not recommend it for your daily cleanser. When used over time, it consistently made me have small break outs. Not anything too bad, but the kind you know are abnormal and a reaction to a product. I feel it can also become irritating when used daily. Despite this review sounding negative, I do actually like this cream cleanser. It is just best in small doses. I think it has a lot to do with salicylic acid being an ingredient, even though it does not claim to be an acne treatment. I just purchased a tube of it today and I'm 35 with no break outs. I remember loving the scent of this, I'm hoping I still like it now.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've repurchases probably over 20 times in the past few years. I saw an immediate improvement in my acne/complexion after switching from cetaphil.

This is gentler than the "deep action" neutrogena cleanser. It doesn't dry out my skin. I've read that pH around 5.5 or lower are ideal, so I emailed Johnson & Johnson asking them what the pH was, they said between 3.0 and 4.2. Excellent! This is an ideal range for the salicylic acid to be effective as well.

If you're dealing with acne, this is a great face wash to try. Anything with salicylic acid will cause a purge, and it could take months for clogged pores to rise to the surface. Using this every night, with a basic moisturizer in the morning balances my skin.

I've tried so many drugstore facial cleansers...different ones by clean & clear, purpose, neutrogena...this one has given me the best results.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This face mask is absolute gold. It has worked so well for my oily skin and is the only cleanser that truly cleans my skin without stripping it of all its components. At first I wasn't a fan of the creaminess, but that was only because I hadn't used a cream cleanser before. The minty feeling this cleanser leaves when you wash it off I really enjoy. I would recommend this to anyone who craves a deep clean.

LOVE IT.

I used this in highschool when I started having acne and was in love with it. After I finished it I experimented with other cleansers and forgot about this one until grad school, etc.

This cleanser feels so SO good. I use it in the morning to wake me up and at night to refresh my face from a full day of makeup.

It does not dry my face, it smells great, prevents my acne from returning, and its just so darn cheap!

I love using this and putting my scrub on top. Feels amazing.

I will forever swear to this cleanser. I highly recommend this!!

For reference, I have oily sensitive skin.

:-)

I remember using this cleanser in high school. I can still feel the tingling or cooling sensation that it would leave on my skin afterwards. One look at the ingredients list reveals that this product is not vegetarian (it has gelatin, which seems really out of place). Although this product does boast a shorter ingrients list, I cannot recognize any of the ingredients except for the gelatin, so I am not quite sure what benefit these chemicals will purportedly bring to my skincare regime. I am glad I no longer use this cleanser, as this neither prevented acne nor soothed my irritated skin.

Been using this cleanser for years, and it is still my HG. I've used Proactiv, Purity Made Simple, Neutrogena, Biore, you name it. This gives me the best clean, keeps my (usually massive) pores the cleanest, and doesn't irritate my skin. I'm oily with sensitive/normal skin, and have never had issues with this cleanser.

The first few times you use it, it does have a tingling to burning sensation, but this fades after a few days and leaves my skin feeling amazing. I do like to use a makeup remover before cleansing, as the product just redistributes the makeup more or less instead of washing it away.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have been using this product since early middle school, maybe even elementary school? And I'm currently in my second semester of university. This product is honestly freaking amazing! I've tried other cleansers such as Neutrogena, Clinique, and a few other Korean brands such as Etude House, and this is honestly the only cleanser I like. Neutrogena is simply too harsh on my skin and Clinique was too drying (?) and burned my eyes and I have oily skin! But anyways I used to have horrible, horrible acne starting since elementary school, and this cleared it up! Its definitely a product that changed my skin completely and something I'll remember for the rest of my life. My suggestion is too take off your makeup before using this on your skin because you'll have to wash atleast twice to get everything off if you dont. So I suggest using a wipe then washing your face with this. I also love the tingling sensation it gives off and the fact that it's cream too. Foam cleansers arent recommended because it creates a breeding ground for bacteria and germs. I honestly don't think I could ever switch to another cleanser other than this, like truly.

Note: Do not use the one for sensitive skin! Idk what the heck is inside that stuff, but it gave me the worst breakout of my life!
Check out my blog at www.pinkivorys.blogspot.com for more in-depth reviews!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

About the first two times I used it, it worked really really well. After those two times, if i used it again, then I would get this really deep burnng sensation and it would leave my skin very dry but it would still get rid of my acne. Even though it gets rid of my acne I am definetly not going to be using it again because the pain was so bad that I started crying... A lot... Also it left my skin very tight so I could barely smile without it hurting. I would not recommend this product to anyone because it is just so horrible.

I find that this face cleanser doesn't cleanse that well. After every time I wash my face I go over my face with an astringent just to make sure I got every trace of dirt and makeup off. Well, to my surprise much of my makeup is still on my face after I use this.... I don't know how that's possible. The only way I get most of my makeup off is if I use an exfoliator after I use this cleanser. It smells and feels ok, it just sucks horribly at cleaning. This is one of the worst face washes I've ever used, because it doesn't clean. I definitely feel like this is a waste of money.

The packaging is fine. The product smells very fresh and clean and feels good on your skin- you know, that tingly feeling you get when it really goes into your pored. For awhile it WAS very good for my skin- however after awhile it started making me break out all over again. I never knew why- I don't think I was washing my face very hard.