December 18, 2014 | 1808 users online

Toners - C.O. Bigelow - Rose Water Skin Tonic

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 10:07:00 PM More reviews by linoleum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this toner! I usually find toners super harsh and foul smelling, but this one is really pleasant! Leaves my face feeling refreshed without over-drying.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2010 10:41:00 AM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the Rose smell of this tonic. It actually has real rose water in it. It cleans away all the extra make up and dead skin left when I wash my face.I use a microfiber cloth with this and it adds to the exfoliation factor so I don't have to use a face scrub every week! I perfer to use this (C.O. Bigelow No 047) in the harsher winter months because this is formulated for more sensitive skin types(normal to dry). In the hotter summer months I switch to the(C.O. Bigelow No 010) skin tonic for normal to oily skin. They both use witch hazel extract.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2009 10:53:00 PM More reviews by diorbella413

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

i have been using this for a few months now and have moved onto my second bottle. this is being clearanced out at bath and body works at the moment for $2 instead of $15 so i picked up 4 more bottles. it soothes my skin and removes my blemishes, but it is also very drying so make sure to apply a moisturizer after using this product. i don't like it as much as my mario badescu one, but it was more accessable for me and i didnt have to order it online.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by colettenoelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I thought that this tonic would be soothing for my sensitive acne-prone skin, but I was really wrong. It seemed to make my face more inflamed and red. It also always left a film on my skin, which I think may have caused me to break out more. I tried and tried to make this toner work and used up half a bottle, but I have to conclude that it doesn't work for me. I love the packaging of this product, and believe that that is part of what made me want to try it; the bottle looks very pretty sitting in my bathroom. Honestly, I don't think that there is really anything all that wrong with this product, I just think that my skin doesn't get along with toners. For people out there with my kind of skin, I'd suggest staying away.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by ilasik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had just bought the dr galen toner when I saw this in the BBW clearance bin for $2. I decided to give this a shot and am pleasantly surprised. It removes traces of makeup and leaves skin refreshed without dryness. Haven't even gone to Dr. Galen herbal toner

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2009 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Vroomz

I think i have found my HG for toners! i love this product i have tried it for almost a week and its great. it leaves me feeling refreshed and not dried out which is a first. packaging is cute as well. I got it half off which i like, original price is a little steep for me but I'd buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by xoxmissjxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff does not work miracles, but it does it's job at cleaning my make up and does not cause me to break out. I'm almost done with my first bottle and have had no bad experiences with it. It does a great job at taking off the dirt on my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by ktrj720

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate to be the dissenting voice on what I thought would be a fantastic, natural toner, but this gave me the worst breakouts of my life.

I bought this in December after reading the reviews on here, figuring I needed something like this that could cleanse my skin really well, but was more gentle than other toners. Since December, I've gotten horribly bad cystic breakouts on my cheeks. I figured it was stress, the hard water in my building, or the harsh winter, so I continued to use this off and on, mostly when I'd already used some harsher cleansing treatment or mask (my skin is the anti-sensitive - if anything, it demands a challenge sometimes!). After I recently got a sunburn and decided to use this tonic more often, since it was for drier skin and my skin was more dry than it had ever been, the acne got the worst it's ever been. I still didn't want to believe that it was this toner, because of the good reviews, the price (I usually get more drugstore brands, like Neutrogena) and the natural ingredients. So, last night, after my acne had finally settled down and it looked like I had no more active pimples on my cheeks, I did my new routine that's cleared me up - Cetaphil, egg whites, Neutrogena Oil Absorbing toner - and decided to try this tonic on top of all of it. Lo and behold, I woke up this morning with six new active, angry pimples.

I'd recommend trying this by itself for a few days, with no other new products (that's why I couldn't figure it out - I was trying a mostly new skincare routine and didn't know which product may have been breaking me out) just to make sure skin doesn't have a reaction. I still don't know what's in this that is making my tough-as-nails skin freak out and clog up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Deesign

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this toner for about 4 months and love it. I have sensitive but oily skin that is prone to blackheads. I haven't had any problems while using this. It doesn't irritate and the combination of ingredients, including the salicylic acid, does the trick in terms of keeping my skin clear and moist but not dry and flaky. It's a great product for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by CarolStarr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love toners! I was disappointed that Bath and Body Works stopped carrying the C.O. Bigelow line (but you can purchase directly from CB's own website), as this is definitely a HG of toners. It's lightly scented, alcohol-free, and does the job. Whenever a company says their cleanser automatically tones the skin -- all I have to do is pour some of this on a cotton pad and watch even more make-up come off. You won't be disappointed.