Suave Naturals Ocean Breeze

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Fragrance (Parfum), Lactic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, PEG-150 Distearate, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1, 3-Diol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitol, Algae Extract, Blue 1 (Cl 42090), Yellow 5 (Cl 19140)

on 2/22/2015 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

On its own... this is really nothing special. It's ineffective & doesn't leave my hair soft. The ingredients are pretty damn nice (lactic acid, vitamin e..) for a $2 conditioner. But I need silicone.

I put a "yes" for repurchasing. However there is only one function I would re-buy this for: diluting hair dye. This conditioner is silicone free and did an excellent job of diluting Manic Panic dye for me without coating my hair (AKA preventing the dye from sticking).

on 1/17/2015 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this conditioner!! I use it as a cowash, but I've also tried it as a rinse out when I ran out of my other one. As a rinse out, it isn't the best. It doesn't detangle very well and it's not extremely thick like I'd prefer, but it'll get the job done if needed. As for a cowash, it's excellent!!! It leaves my hair feeling super clean yet moisturized. It smells really good and the price is great for such a huge bottle. Overall it's definitely good for the price.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm allergic to silicone and always look for a conditioner which is silicone free but at the same time thick and have enough slip. I used this conditioner as deep conditioner before shampoo, rinse off, leave in and cowash. I didn't like its runny texture and it doesn't detangle at all. So i don't recommend as RO. Mixed with olive oil, its good as DC or LI. But i think its best use should be as cowash-cheap enough and right texture. I personally prefer thicker conditioner, so not for me. And yes, smells good, not very strong and lasted more than 1 day.

Perfect for Cowashing! Highly recommend!

on 1/29/2013 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is by far my favorite conditioner for my hair. I have fine and short hair. This conditioner conditions my hair pretty good. Another plus is that it smells so good! The scent stays in my hair for a really long time as well. Hope you try it.

on 11/12/2012 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using the curly girl method for almost 2 years now. I started using this because its cheaper than tresemme naturals and its silicone free. I really wanted to like this but sadly it didn't provide enough slip for me. I lost a ton of hair when defanging and my scalp was dry and flaky. I like the smell and I got tons of compliments for it. I'll finish the bottle for co-washing but I'm going back to my tresemme.

on 8/17/2012 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is best condish I ever used! I have 3b very curly,coarse hair ! It always appears dry and frizzy! I've tried it all! Here it turns out my hair is very protein sensitive and cant have silicones! I tried this as a rinse out and then after rinsing I applied it again in very small sections and my hair gel over the top! OMG! My curls were so defined and moist looking I couldnt believe it! After all these years of using the heavy stuff(cones ,coconut and morrocan oils)! Nothing compares! I guess if you dont know your hair is sensitive to cones and proteins you'll have a hard time finding what you really need,since almost every condtioner has a form of protein and or silicone! Except this one! I even used the clarifying suave shampoo with it that contains sulfates with great results! Its important to remove all proteins and cones from the hair first using a clarifying shampoo before using this method in order to get great results! Very happy!

on 7/4/2012 5:32:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

I purchased this conditioner based on the wonderful reviews here. I wasn't disappointed but I wasn't thrilled either. For the price, this conditioner is a great deal. However, I have long hair to my lower back and I needed something more moisturizing. I find it doesn't detangle as well as pantene. But for the price, I still think it's a great product for people with shorter hair or those that do not need as much conditioning, moisturizing. The smell is great for either a man or a woman. If you like fruity smells, you're going to hate this clean squeaky scent. I only used this conditioner at the bottom of my hair so I don't know if it will cause problem for the scalp. I don't condition my scalp because I don't like the weigh down look. For $1.50, this conditioner is comparable to those conditioner in the 3-5 dollars price range. It conditions pretty well, but it does weigh my hair down. It doesn't soften my hair as much as I would like, but so are the majority of the drug store conditioners. Overall, I would repurchase if I am on a tight budget. It does what it's suppose to do for a great price. What more I can ask for

on 5/20/2012 2:04:00 AM

I follow the modified curly-girl method, and am sensitive to silicones (they give me bumps on my scalp). This conditioner detangles my hair and keeps it from getting frizzy without irritating my scalp, and lets me use a mild shampoo since it doesn't have silicones.

on 3/5/2012 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

good and cheap conditioner I use when I leave conditioner in my to workout... I keep this and the suave clarifying shampoo on hand - (just part of being a product junkie)