July 23, 2014 | 1033 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor - Perennial Plum

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by BethanyBez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product on accident (thought I'd picked up a different type of gloss) and was pleasantly SHOCKED. Usually these "last-all-day" lip colors dry out my sensitive lips like crazy and fade into a "Hi, I lined my lips but didn't fill them in" look, but this brand did no such thing. My lips didn't dry out in the least, and the color lasted for more than 16 hours as promised by the packaging. I woke up the next day and it was as bright as ever. The only way I could get it off was in the shower. The one downside is, as at least on other reviewer pointed out, this color is not plum. It is more of a fuschia. It's still pretty, however, and I wear it almost every day. I'm planning on buying the gloss in almost every color because it works so well. No reapplication needed, no drying out... I never thought I'd see the day!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2009 3:30:00 PM More reviews by rosaenz

I wanted to love this product but I really, really hate it. Instead of a plum color I got this bright pink and it was most definitely not long wearing. I've tried different approaches to putting on this product from just applying it alone, the product plus the gloss, product plus balm, balm and then the product. Sometimes I felt like I was conducting some kind of lab experiment because I wanted the damn thing to work. It just didn't stay on for more than an hour without coming off in these little clumps. And for those who are curious, yes, I did the exfoliating thing before applying this lip color. Now, while it didn't work on me, my mother loves it and it lasts forever on her. I haven't got a clue why that is when I tried her application method and still got bad results. Still searching for that long wearing lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This was the first Colorstay Lipcolor I got that wasn't sheer. The color itself is a beautiful pomegranate red, bright and eye-catching. I wore it out for dinner, all night and could not get it off! I tried everything from makeup remover to Vaseline. It was still on the next day when I scraped it off my lips in the morning. The lasting power is amazing (and a little scary). I probably will not use this all the time, but I think it is handy to have for a special occasion or a really lazy night. In the end, though, its a little too much overtime for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2006 10:13:00 PM More reviews by painted_dainty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this colour, as a FFF blue eyes, blonde hair. Not as dark on my lips as it looks in the tube. More of a pinky purple colour on me. I ate a few hours after applying it and I felt salty crumb stuff on my lips (ew) which is why IMO it doesn't quite deserve 5 lippies. But I rinsed my lips with water and the colour stayed put. You'll need to use a good m/u remover to get the colour off! But I love the way my lips look and the gloss adds a nice touch.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2005 11:00:00 AM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is not HG material, but I like it.
"Perennial Plum" is medium purplish mauve, not as deep or rich a color as I'd really like, but it's still pretty. I find it flattering with my cool coloring(pale pink-ivory skin, green eyes, dark brown hair). It's a good versatile, though not dramatic, shade for fall/winter.
I find the sponge-tip applicator for the color to be a bit narrow for my full lips, so application requires some time spent smearing the color around.

The color does set quickly, almost instantly, so it's best to get it right the first time.

As seems to be universal among ultra-long-wearing lipcolors, Perennial Plum tends to wear off in the center of lips first, leaving the wearer with color concentrated in an outline along the periphery of her lips. However, since this is not an intense shade, this uneven wear is not glaringly obvious.
In general, I have positive feelings about this product: It's a lovely color, it lasts much longer than conventional lipsticks, and it doesn't seem to dry out my lips. It's also readily available and reasonably priced. I'll repurchase. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2005 1:34:00 PM More reviews by LadyMedb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a real disappointment. First off, I had been expecting a plum, and I ended up with a bright purplish pink - not an abhorrent colour, but definitely a lot harder to work with. As someone else noted in a general review for this product, application would have been made much easier if a brush like the gloss brush had been used for the lipstick end of the wand; as it was, the lipgloss applicator was clumsy to work with, and since the colour sets as soon as it hits your lips, the shape of it was all wrong - it couldn't even be used to move the stuff around. Once it dried and I applied the gloss over it, it really did look nice, but two hours later, when I ate a pasta dish, the olive oil made the centre part of the lipstick wear off, and of course reapplication is impossible. I really don't think it's possible to eat anything with any oil in it at all with this lipstick - it may last forever if you never eat oil or fats, but that's it. As this was the fifth time or so I'd experimented with this stuff and it had peeled off again, I threw it away at this point. I was tired of the ill-closing lipgloss section of the wand leaking into my makeup case anyway, and I seemed to be running out of the colour. Under specific circumstances, like a dance or a wedding or something, this might be great - it does not fade or run on its own - but only if you're very careful what you eat because reapplication is impossible.