November 25, 2014 | 1781 users online

Makeup Brushes - Mally Beauty - Mally Beauty Paint the Town Ultimate 6-pc Brush Kit

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 8:19:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

I agree with the general consensus of these brushes, and second what others have reviewed. These brushes are so adorably cute and girly with the metal hot pink, handles. Very simple, but super cute. However, cute only gets you so far when the product is garbage. I dont have the entire kit, rather I have a few of the powder/bronzer brushes from Mally. Thankfully, they were given to me as a gift and I didnt spend my own money on these worthless things. They are scratchy, They shed in my product and on my face while I am applying- and for the money and the brand, this should not happen. I expected way more from these brushes and they simply did not deliver. I have ELF brushes that were beyond cheap that work 6x better than these do. I keep them around as a back up, or if someone wants to use my brushes (I am kinda a germa-phob). Anyway, I would not buy them myself nor would i recommend them for anyone else to buy, simply not worth it, especially at $20+ per brush. Go to Target, ladies and go buy an ELF brush or a set of Eco tooks brushes and you will get a way better result. Promise! They are cute though, really cute!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Ayndie

I chose a five rating because the brushes are soft, supple and the look of them is so girly so it's right up my alley. Pink is one of my favorite colors if not a top color for me. It's a smooth, clean look and I can totally see Mally working her magic on her celebrity clients and elsewhere. I am totally a Mallynista, BUT I only have a few of her products: Paint the Town Brushes, Dual Core Lipstick in Forever Young, High Shine Lip Gloss in Mally's Look, Poreless Primer (the original, not the Glow one) and lastly, I have the Visibly Adjustable Powder Foundation in Rich. I totally want the Perfect Palette and the Fierce Face in Five Minutes (just as a starter!). The price I gave a 3 because I've probably paid less for the same amount of brushes and each brush did a different function. But these brushes do have a better feel to them unlike any brushes I've had with Bare Escentuals, so the feel and look of Mally's brushes really says a lot. Is it worth 95? Yes. Would I spend this much on any other brushes? Probably a solid no. Packaging is soooo cute. I first thought it was a lace pattern, but it's snake skin pattern on like a jade-ish green and pink. Very cute. Love the packaging and everything this makeup has to offer. I'm no longer a Bare Escentuals girl, I want to be a Mallynista now. Would I buy this product again? Only if I were to lose all of these brushes and the brush roll by some stroke of bad luck. Simply cleaning your brushes will help you keep up with them properly. Do not let brushes soak in water. That has been a big mistake of mine in the past. You want to wash each one by hand. Tedious work, but worth it to keep them working the way you want them to.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2008 10:19:00 PM More reviews by marlena1900

I have the Paint the Town 3 eyeshadow brush set. I really like these brushes, they were made to use with her smokey eye kits. It really did make a difference when I used these brushes, instead of me BE brushes to make my smokey eye, the shadows applied "smokier". The eyeliner brush is also thicker than regular eyeliner brushes which I think helped a lot to make my smoky eye.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 8:41:00 PM More reviews by MissLaura2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Mally's brushes! I think they are sooo soft and make application a breeze. Plus, the metal pink handles look so cute! I will definitly purchase more of her brushes!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2007 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Livvvv

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the set of 3 eye brushes and I like them all. They have a good weight and length; they feel good in my hands and are easy to use. I find the shape of all 3 brushes to be very efficient. I've had them for about 8 months now and haven't had any shedding.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2006 12:46:00 PM More reviews by jillhickey

I got two of Mally's brushes in a swap. I have the Large Bronzer brush and the double-ended blush brush (one side designed for contouring, I think). I use one end for powder blush and the other (dark bristled end) for creme blushes. I think these VERY decent brushes. They don't shed!

UPDATE: It started to shed as the summer wore on. Not a good long-term brush. Invest in something w/ more plush bristles.
Lemme say it again. They don't shed!

They are pretty, too.

I want to try some other Mally stuff.

JLH

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2005 11:28:00 AM More reviews by kiki200220

What a bunch of junk. These things are really pretty looking but they hardly measure up to all the other pro brushes that are out there. They looked sooooo pretty and I wanted to like them soooo much but alas I couldn't keep them. You could get better brushes at Sally's. They are definitely not worth the price. I have a ton of other brushes and thought "Oh wow what a cute one in a travel form, I could get great use out of these but they looked like something you would give a kid." They are not as bad as AV but they are not that great either. Save your $95 and get the MAC special kits that are offered throughout the year (MAC's kits are only $25 for those specials compared to $95 for Mally's, puh-lease). Again great idea but over-priced and over-hyped.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No