Cinema Secrets Lightouch Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW10 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

I bought this unseen in #2 Soft Lights, and it is a great translucent setting powder. The color suits me well and does not change the color of my foundation. Sometimes, the powder would be unevenly distributed on my brush and would show initially upon application, but it disappeared within a minute or two. It seems very finely milled, unlike other loose translucent powders I've tried from the drugstore (which is the same price range).

During the winter, it does not seem to highlight any dryness, which is a pro. But I don't think it controlled my oil on my forehead as well as MAC's Blot powder compact. So I wear this to set my foundation in the AM, and then during the summer use MAC's Blot compact, and during the winter use MAC's skin finish natural compacts to touch up. Naturally, I wouldn't recommend you carry it in your purse, as the packaging is cheap (which I don't mind for this, I'd rather pay for product) and it's loose powder anyways. Great value for the price and the amount. This will last me forever.

on 3/21/2009 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have this powder in Soft Custard. It's very natural and soft looking. It's supposed to be like Ben Nye in Banana which they were out of so I bought this. It absorbs oil well b/c of kaolin. It's affordable $5 for 1.75 oz. I've had it for 2 years. Doesn't make me break out which is very good.

on 3/15/2006 8:51:00 PM

A favorite of mine, this mattifies without looking powdery or cakey, and the "no color" powder is truly, unbelievably colorless! Doesn't change the foundation shade one single iota. AH, its genius!

on 2/20/2006 10:53:00 AM

I like this for a finishing powder. I was not impressed with the CS Creme Foundation/Concealer but would definately buy the powder again.

on 3/30/2005 10:02:00 AM

Love it. I use it with the professional secret foundation ( see my review on that) This is the best, it adds no color, just sets the foundation. The container is HUGE and well worth the money. If you live in California visit their actual store in Burbank. They will help you match your perfect color.

Popular Powder Foundations