Pantene Texture and Shine Defining Pomade [DISCONTINUED]

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/2/2011 9:51:00 PM

amazing pomade! not too greasy and i actually like the smell... i have to save mine, though, because it was discontinued :( so sad

on 8/25/2009 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought this stuff for travel and because of the rave reviews here. I was not disappointed, I love it. I have a short angled bob (POB) and it looks terrific, even makes my hair feel thicker, nice definition and really sexy layers, love it.

on 6/30/2009 12:52:00 AM

I looooved this product! I wanted to texturize my hair since I have layers and give it a kinda piecey look, but it did so much MORE! whether I leave my hair curly, wavy, or straighten makes my hair look perfect- y'know that finishing touch. I put a TINY bit (seriously not even pea sized!) on my hands and rub them then smooth lightly over my hair (especially on top where I have the frizzies) and i my hair is perfect shiny and GLAM. It did dry up after a while but im buying it again as soon as I can!

Warning: dont know if it would be too heavy for thinner hair, It worked amazing cuz I have thick hair

on 6/20/2009 10:27:00 PM

They really need to put plastic-wrap around this.

I put it on my layers and makes my hair feel hard. I can't really run my hands through my hair without feeling that greasy pomade in between my fingers.

It doesn't give my hair texture OR shine.

Hope this helped.

on 4/19/2009 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've repurchased this stuff over and over again, because other defining pomades I have tried either gave a matte effect (garnier) - which is not what I want at all - or too thin. This product is THICK in consistency, so I put a little on my palm and rub together to heat up the consistency so that I can lightly apply to my flyaways and helps hold my side-part nicely. The smell pretty much disappears after a few minutes, and you definitely have to use this sparingly or you'll get a matted down, greasy head of hair. But for piece-y looks, and beach waves, its great. Love.

on 10/24/2008 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I was running low on my usual Aveda product when I was in Target and noticed this product. I had a coupon, so I thought for $3 it was worth a try. I have a short, jawbone length bob so my usual styling is to blow- or air dry my hair smooth and sleek, with a little pomade to tame the frizzies and make it a little piecey if I'm in the mood. That said, this is a great product for taming fly-aways once your hair is dry. I'm not able to get the piecey look I like, but the smell is nice and I haven't had a problem with greasiness. For the money, this is a good product for last minute touch-ups.

on 9/13/2008 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is the first thing I've tried a pomade, so I really can't compare it to anything. I really like the texture that my hair get and it give a bit of volume. I can get little waves in my hair without using a iron or anything. It does make my fine hair a bit oily when I tried to style it even more. The main thing I hated was that it's not long lasting and that's why I tried to put more into it. Not a great styling product except for the little texture but it is fun to play with. My hair is pretty shiny as it is black so no change there.

on 6/24/2008 7:14:00 PM

Either it's good stuff or the Pantene truck doesn't stop by my Walmart often enough. Shelf is empty or the few on the shelf have been tested by shoppers, yuck. Wish they would seal the top w/ plastic to prevent this. I use this all over (try to avoid bangs b/c can make hair look oily) and then use my Alterna Hemp Mud on bangs and sides only b/c Alterna is way more expensive than the Pantene pomade. Directions advise to use on dry hair. If you apply to damp hair, it gets the oily/matted look. Gives beach effect and helps w/ frizz.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's okay. It does give my hair some shine, doesn't really keep my fly aways down though. I love using it on my bangs to give that piecey texture to them and to hold down my crazy baby hairs. A little does go a long way. I'm sure too much of the product would just make you look like you had a grease head. The smell doesn't bother me. I like it actually.

on 3/27/2008 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is to be used on dry hair. I just bought my second jar of this! I have lots of thin, wavy hair that naturally parts in the middle. I like for my part to be on the side. This is the ONLY product that keeps my hair in a side-part. This is a thick thick product, so I use a little and rub it between my palms, then apply gently to my part, then I push my fingers with product in upwards motions through my hair for volume, then run the rest through the ends of my hair. It gives the ends of my hair definition and makes my waves curl.

You only need a small bit because too much will weigh your hair down. I don't like the scent and can't figure it out, but that's OK because I can't smell it after application. This product is about $4.00 (US) for a 1.7 ounce tub and it lasts forever.

I only wash my hair every third day or so, and this product is easy to comb through on the days I don't wash my hair, so I can re-style my dry hair with a little more product; which makes me love it even more.