Estee Lauder Nutritious Vita-Mineral Energy Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

3.3

on 9/23/2012 9:38:00 PM

this does have a strong alcohol smell. the consistency is thicker than normal toner. It made my skin soft at first, and then my skin felt dry after a while, i used up half of the bottle, and had to switch back to Thayer toner. I now use this only couple of days of the week cuz i want to finish the bottle, but I won't be buying it again.

on 7/8/2010 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

The first thing I noticed about this toning lotion is its strong alcohol smell. The somewhat gel-like texture is hydrating and comforting. However the high alcohol content may contribute to potential allergic reactions. So i stopped using it after noticing some minor breakouts. But my mum can use it with no problem. So guess it really depend on individual skin type.

on 3/30/2009 4:10:00 AM

My skin was hydrated and it felt supple and soft. But this had a really strong alcohol smell. I had some breakouts after I used this but I'm not sure if it's caused by this lotion or another moisturizer which I started using with this. It is very expensive. Good thing was I received a GWP with a makeup and fragrance set that my hubby bought for my birthday. There are cheaper alternatives out there without alcohol.

on 3/29/2008 6:51:00 AM

firstly, the tester packaging is way more functional than the actual full size bottle. it's hard to get enough out of the nozzle. that was annoying.

the toner itself has a lovely smell and everything but for the price...it isn't worth it. my skin couldn't get used to the alcohol in the beginning but it gradually got used to it and started getting less red. however, after this bottle is done i won't go back to it.

although the gel moisturizer is amazing. good for oily skin. i think the toner/lotion totally dries out my skin after 10 mins and the gel isn't enough for me. but for those who have really oily skin might like to use the gel moisturizer..again this was expensive stuff.

on 10/27/2007 4:56:00 AM

I love this product, and am using Estee Lauder's entire Nutritious range: the Nutritious 2-in-1 Foaming Cleanser, the Vita-Mineral Essence, and the Vita-Mineral Moisture Gel Creme.

Even though alcohol is listed as the no.2 ingredient in this product, I don't find it drying at all, even for the skin on my cheeks. One thing I dig about this product is that it's recommended that you apply onto face patting on with your fingertips. Truly, I find this more economical as none is wasted on a cotton-pad. Plus it absorbs fast too, and leaves me with a dewy glow. The product claims to sweeps away dullness and signs of fatigue - which it does for me, because my skin hardly ever looks tired after using this.

The smell is heavenly. Plus it's bursting with fantastic ingredients, here are some: yeast extract, pomegranate fruit extract, rice bran extract, barley extract, creatine.

I'm minusing a lippie for the glass bottle it comes in for the full-sized 4.2 fl. oz. (125ml) bot. I think I have to be extra careful with it. When used in conjunction with other products from the Nutritious range, the lotion will leave your skin brighter and healthier looking (I can't vouch if it'll perform the same if used alone, so be prepared to invest quite a bit if you're intending to buy).

on 4/24/2006 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Don't know why I like this product... Maybe it's the colour of the bottle... Maybe because it claims to be loaded with vitamins... Maybe because it says that it was especially designed for Asian skin... (I'm quite a sucker, I know)

It's a gel-like toner which feels like a light moisturiser when you put it on - good for us ppl in Australia where winter is approaching. I don't need to use a lot of moisturiser on top, which is nice. The high-alcohol content, which evaporates, leaves you with a bit of a glow (like all other toners, really).