August 27, 2014 | 1524 users online

Fragrance - Gendarme - Gendarme 20

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2007 1:42:00 PM More reviews by maxey

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Carriere was my previous favorite until I tried Gendarme 20. It's the perfect summer fragrance if you love clean fragrances and it lasts even longer on me than Carriere. The citrus notes are tamed by the lavender making this the freshest, cleanest fragrance I've ever used. It's impossible to overdo Gendarme 20 and the dry down is lovely. When I get a hug, people always tell me I smell so clean and so good.

Compared to Carriere and other "clean" fragrances, this one is a huge bargian. The four ounce EDP can be found online for $42.00

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2005 6:29:00 AM More reviews by Artifical4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Less lemon then Gendarme but still a lemon the two scents are very close..a perfect soapy clean scent .,Just think Ivory soap ,I need a full bottle of this on hand at all times. One perfect scent!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2005 4:44:00 PM More reviews by mama_said

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this for my husband but after testing it on myself in the store, I'm keeping it for myself.
It's fresh, clean smelling, not "soapy" smelling on me at all.
Definitely a "winner"!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2005 6:32:00 PM More reviews by maak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gendarme 20 is another winner from the Gendarme line. It starts off with an herbal, lavender note that quickly softens into that soapy, fresh from the shower smell that all Gendarme fragrances are known for. While Carriere is a floral-soapy scent and Gendarme a citrusy-soapy scent, 20 is a clean-soapy scent. I think the lavender tones down the citrus aspect. A great fragrance to wear in warmer weather or anytime you want to smell fresh and clean!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2005 12:51:00 AM More reviews by desiree_e

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Of Gendarme, I have only tried this and Carriere. This is very very similar. All I notice in the way of difference between them is a bit of citrus &/or lavender in the top here. It might also have less of that "soapy" quality people notice in Carriere--this is definitely a tiny bit "cleaner" and "fresher" than Carriere (of course, with citrus that's expected!). Very nice though. So, it also gets a 5-lipstick rating (just as Carriere did about 2 moments ago), but how's a girl to choose?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2005 1:29:00 AM More reviews by sefis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the latest scent from Gendarme, like all of the Gendarme fragrances this one is very crisp and clean smelling. This one is more similar to the original Gendarme than V or Grabazzi, but like those two it is stronger and more complex than the original. It seems to have more citrus and floral notes in the middle and base, but it is not quite as sweet as V. Not quite my favorite, but this is another excellent fragrance from the folks at gendarme.