September 18, 2014 | 1813 users online

Eye Shadow - Bonne Bell - Shadowbox in Cafe Classics

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by ksk07

I LOVE these shadows! I actually prefer them over a lot of my high end ones. They just give such a pretty, natural glow that really brightens your eyes. You can even use the little eyeshadow brushes that come with It and it still looks good! One thing some people may not like is that the highlighter shade is a shimmery white. I prefer this because I just feel like gold toned highlighters don't bring out my eyes much with my fair skin. I have already hit pan and will definitely re purchase this. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by click

I like the brown shade but its not very pigmented. Although, I wish it was sold separately as it was the only shade i liked in this palette. The lighter colours are very similar to each other when worn, quite shimmery and I found one of them was too sparkly. I also am not crazy about the thin strips of colour this comes in. To use a brush, I found I have to be very precise to stay in the narrow strip, so I often end up using the little teeny tiny sponge applicator, which isn't ideal.
I will probably toss this before its anywhere close to finished. Luckily it was fairly cheap.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have only just discovered Bonne Bell Shadowbox and I am loving them.

This palette makes an awesome nude smokey eye.

Just the right amount of shimmer and I love how it changes shade in the light.

At 46 less is more and this certainly compliments my skin and eye colour.

For a fresh, natural, youthful look, I highly recommend this palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Lissa16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my go to, everyday eyeshadow. I love love love it! I wear it to work every day. The darkest shade on my lids, and the middle nude shade on my brow, for a more casual, professional look. For going on a date or an event, I add the other colors accordingly for a more dramatic smokey glow look to my eyes. The colors are not bold, but that's fine with me. Also the sparkly light color should be used very sparingly with the fingertips, or you can go from looking like you have a natural glow, to being a 14 year old on her way to a Justin Beiber concert. I remember using Bonne Bell when I first started wearing make up, and would never think I would be using it in my mid-twenties!!! It goes on smoothly, and the applicator in the package is not too bad either. I usually use my own eye shadow brushes, but the one that comes with the eye shadow will do the trick too. Sometimes if I want a sun kissed glow I also lightly run my bronzed brush over the pallette and brush some over my cheek bones and t zone over my blush. It gives you instant glow. Just make sure there's not too much on the brush. By far my favorite eye shadow.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 10:28:00 AM More reviews by tango2470

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is GREAT for younger girls, or women who are into super natural makeup with a hint of sparkle.

I used this for years, all I wore with it was macara and a little lipgloss and it was super appropriate, esspecially when I was around 14 years of age. It also had fun, metallic shimmer, which was great.

Im 19 now, and I do still like these shadows, but I always pair them with a different crease/outer corner shade in a slightly darker shade of brown because they are all similar in color, and in my opinion, the darkest shade is not yet dark enough for a crease shade.

However, if you are just starting out with makeup, and want something natural, I highly reccomend you get this.

PS: There is also shimmer in every shade and I think eyeshadows look best when there is at least one Matte color applied as well as the shimmery ones but when I was younger, I only liked shimmery shadows so that didn't matter much to me.

The packaging is quite flimsy and the lid broke off of my shadows,

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Chele05

I love these quads and own 4 or 5 in different shades. Cafe Classics has been my go-to pallete for an everyday, basic eye look for several years now. I find them to be an excellent product considering the price. The shadows go on silky smooth, last all day, and never crease on me. They are shimmery and I like that. I don't find them to be very glittery, but more shimmery, and blend very nicely when applied with a shadow brush as opposed to the sponge applicators. However, I do use the sponge applicators whenever I want to intensify or pack on the shadow. For the price, I think they're at least worth a shot. I've personally had great experiences with these shadows which is why I've gone on to buy other shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by smileee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My daily eyeshadow. Love love love love!
First off, they're cheap. The quad is around $3.
The colors work great on my eyes. They are glittery but if you know how to do it right it's not overwhelming. Use a good base and the right brushes and it will look fine.
The colors are perfect neutrals, and since I'm still in high school, I don't want anything to dramatic from day to day. However, if you used some darker browns or blacks/greys, you can easily use this for a night look.
Words cannot describe though, I adore this eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 4:04:00 PM More reviews by ex0ticbarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love these eye shadows! I first tried them about 2 years ago since I wanted to buy a neutral/warm eyeshadow palette to take with me on vacation. The colours are great and look awesome with my fair skin with warm/yellow undertones. The eye shadows never crease and they stay put for a really long time. They also blend really well. I usually use the lightest colour to highlight my brow bone. Then I use the peachy colour at the very bottom all over my eyelid. I then layer the peachy colour with the glittery golden shade. I use the darkest brown on the outer ends of my eyes to create a V-shape. The only problem I have with this eyeshadow palette is that the brown isn't dark enough. It is a beautiful colour in the palette, but unfortunately it does not show up as dark on me. The glitter in the gold eyeshadow is also really nice, it is definitely not too much or tacky looking. The eye shadows last a really long time. I am on my second one and I can't even remember the last time I bought it. The packaging is also great. I dropped it a few times and the eye shadows never broke. They also apply really smoothly and never crumble or cause fall out under my eyes. I would definitely repurchase it again! I think it costs about $4 at Walmart.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by tawnyaras

I love the BonneBell products. I have used some of the more expensive shadows and this is comparable. It doesn't crease for me even though I have oily skin. I love these colors as highlights. They are good basics to have in any collection. And they are so cheap.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 7:17:00 PM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

These are good shadows, good highlight colors, but I think they're kind of overpriced, they're like $4 a piece. Which isn't too bad, but the shadows arn't good enough.