September 17, 2014 | 1937 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - Urban FX liquid liner

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Lebgirl90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had a terrible experience with this product. I made the huge mistake of trying it out on a night I had a big party to go to. I was all dressed up and spent hours doing my makeup. I was almost done when I applied this Urban Decay liquid liner and around my eyes and then applied my usual mascara. Well... when I was about to leave my house to go to the party my eyes starting watering like CRAZY. And it never stopped. First the outer corners of my eyes became all smudged and then it got worse. I kept trying to clean it up with q tips but my eyes became very irritated (I've never had a bad reaction to any makeup and I wear heavy eye makeup all the time!). Long story short: my eyes became so irritated and RED and the watering/tearing wouldn't stop, it made the liquid liner run but also "flake". As other reviewers have said, this liquid liner flakes off. it's very strange. The liner comes off in flakes as if it's dead skin or something, but it's not. And I wear contacts so the flakes must have gotten into my eyes and irritated my contacts (I've read other people have had this same problem with this product).

Do not buy this! It ruined my whole night... I couldn't even go to the party because I would have had to take my makeup off and start over and there was no time. My eyes were irritated for hours even after I had taken my makeup off and rinsed my eyes. And the next morning my eyes had red lines and swelling exactly where the liquid liner was,
AWFUL

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

This product looked so amazing in the tube, so I was really disappointed that the color did not transfer well onto the lids at all. In the tube, this is a gorgeous silver liner with tons of holographic glitter. It's seriously beautiful -- I would catch myself just spinning the tube around in the light to see all the different colors! But like I said, that color did not translate at all onto the eyes. The liner is actually a clear base loaded with the glitter. I wish the base would have been silver for a more dramatic effect. The wand is very thin and flimsy, and it didn't pick up much product. The product it did pick up always applied very patchy, and I'd have to go over the line multiple times to get a solid color. Once I did get a solid line of color, the holographic effect was not noticeable at all! It just looked like any other glittery silver liner.This was super disappointing, and even worse, this dried out very quickly. Not worth the high price at all, and I'm glad UD wised up and got rid of this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by trew

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A clear liquid liner packed with really tiny silvery holographic glitter particles- really small. This was greatfor a matte eye look close to the lash line really made my eyes look fresh and awake.

The glitter is so small it almosts looks like silver shimmery liner but less of a harsh line.

Slimeline quite long brush but not quite long enough for mu tastes so i used my lily lolo liner brush with this.

Being a clear base made it really versatile IMO it could add some sparlke to any look.

if i used to much my DH asked me what was up-because it looked like tears.

My one was taken in with my stolen handbag and its on my list to repurchase,

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2006 5:13:00 PM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love the Soot UD liquid liner, but not this one. It's like silver glitter suspended in a gel. It clumps and does not go on smoothly. Will continue to buy the other, just not his one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2005 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Just_a_Hobby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Let's start with the Ingredients:

Urban FX: Deionized Water, Peg 75 Lanolin Oil, Propylene Glycol, Beeswax, Emulsifying Wax, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Polybutene, Shellac, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum Methylparaben, Simethicone, Mica, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, FD&C Blue #1 Al Lake, Titanium Dio.
As you can see Water is the #1 ingredient. So using this product is not as easy as you might think.
The brush it comes with is very thin but it is also long and not very stiff. So when you go to apply this color I can be a bit difficult.
Sephora's swatch is joke. The color is basically a clear liquid with mainly silver glitter. There is some other holigraphic (multi-colored) glitter but not as much as I'd like it to have.
It will dry and stay put all day! It's the getting applied that is the trick. I have found you have to go back over the line a few times to get the colors in the glitter to show. I am FFF with green hazel eyes. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2004 11:59:00 PM More reviews by countesscocofang

I'm really just at odds with this liner.

I mean, on one end, it's a great silver liner that is easy to apply and lasts the whole day.

En el otro lado, it said on the website that it's "lots of holographic glitter". *looks at it* ALL I SEE IS SILVER! *puts it on* ALL I SEE IS SILVER! *takes it off* It's holographic on the TISSUE!

WTF, Urban Decay? Why must you lie to me about eyeliners? All I wanted was a nice multi-colored glitter eyeliner that would make my eyes look all sorts of lovely.

WHAT I GET: SILVER.

*sigh*

At least it didn't burn like most of the liquid liners that UD makes. This actually gave a cooling sensation that I liked a lot.

But I probably wouldn't repurchase. *shakes fist* continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2004 10:59:00 PM More reviews by minnielouse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this for glitter eyelids. A little oil slick as liner and you've got a nice subtle, yet sparkly, lovely look. I love it; a staple of mine for years.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2004 10:25:00 PM More reviews by jaimmie

This is a bit strange.. it's less a liquid eyeliner, more like a suspension of glitter in some liquid that dries when you put it on. I generally like UD liquid eyeliners, but this one.. just kind of goes on clumpy. Has great staying power though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2003 4:24:00 PM More reviews by TheGypsyChicks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hated this liner, it was a shimmery silver liner not what I expected and the brush sucks it gets messed up easily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2002 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

This liquid liner is a sparkly, silver. You can also use this as an eyeshadow. I find it nice in the inside corners of your eyes, or below your brow bone as a highlight.