September 19, 2014 | 878 users online

Skincare - Jack Black - Double Duty Moisturizer SPF 20

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by jhenley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a really good moisturizer with SPF! It works really well, the texture is nice for my oily skin and it doesn't leave a white cast on my skin either. A little goes a long way, so the price isn't too bad for what you get.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148A

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just finishing my second tube of this, so I broke down and ordered the larger bottle with the pump. I'm 54 and have incredibly oily skin, and I am so tired of greasy, high SPF moisturizers -- high end, drugstore, you name it, I've tried it. This is only SPF 20, but it's what I'm using from now on. This lotion isn't thick, doesn't leave a white cast, doesn't stay wet and sticky, and it leaves my skin feeling smooth and clean. I've replaced my night moisturizer with this one, and I don't care if I'm applying SPF at night. This works so much better for me than anything else I've tried -- and my skin isn't nearly as greasy halfway through the day. It's lower SPF than what I'm accustomed to wearing and I DON'T CARE! Love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by liszteria

HANDS DOWN THE BEST MOISTURIZER I HAVE EVER USED.
Yes, I know it's expensive (hence the two lippies for the price), but the formula is amazing. It's thin enough to absorb quickly, rich enough to moisturize well, and emollient enough to be a great base for makeup. It's got a pleasant scent that dissipates quickly. My face is an oil slick and 100% of sunscreens I've tried have made me break out, so this stuff is a life saver. IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT I HIGHLY RECOMMEND 10/10

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by texasbeautyaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this product for close to three months now and really enjoy it. The smell I would imagine can be off putting; I don't particularly mind it and find it dissipates quickly.

What I really like about this product, though, is that it is a moisturizer that has SPF in it that does NOT break me out. I have been searching for a long time to find one that does both and I find this one successfully does so. It absorbs quickly, and I have not noticed any sort of strange cast afterwards. A little does go a long way (I'm using a travel-sized one and it still has a decent amount in it). I also don't find that it leaves my skin oily, which of course is also a huge plus.

I am fair-skinned and do not have any issues with sunburn wearing this product. Of course, I use an additional sunblock if I am going to be out for an extended period of time, but for a "casual walking to and from the car" sort of sunblock this seems to suffice.

I will also comment on what other reviewers have said about the chemicals working against each other. After looking it up myself, it does seem there are a few articles mentioning this, particularly that the two active ingredients don't so much cancel each other out, but that they degrade each other faster. The articles don't seem to mention how percentage ratio of ingredients can have different effects on degradation of the chemicals, or how other ingredients in the products can also have stabilization/natural sunblock properties (like how jojoba oil has a natural spf). It is important when using sunblock to apply before going outside, and considering sunblock should be applied every two hours, I would not imagine the chemical stability is even a valid concern for the long term for a casual consumer. If someone is serious about sun-protection, seeking it from a moisturizer is not the way to go about it. Additionally, there are many other risks that are associated with chemical sunscreens that are much more worrisome.

Overall- I really enjoy this product. The packaging is great (my partner has the actual bottle with a great pump on it), it moisturizes without leaving me greasy, and for how long the product lasts versus how much it costs is worth the money spent.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by jacquelineo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recieved this sample from Sephora using my points. I would not ever purchase this because it smells just like Nair Hair Removal. Not a scent I would want on my face every day

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by betteefelon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really loved this product, despite its marginally too-low SPF, because it absorbs so quickly and leaves my skin feeling so nice. But I recently read an article on the Future Derm blog (maintained by a dermatology med student) about how the two sunscreen ingredients in this product (avobenzone and octinoxate) actually work against each other in terms of effectiveness. In other words, it's not a very stable sunscreen. For that reason, it's getting retired from my rotation. I hope they reformulate to keep the SPF more stable/effective, because otherwise it's really great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by JayLammMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this in the morning as my first moisturizer. It brightenes my skin tone and have never broken me out. It's not heavy. So sometimes I have to use another moisturizer after this has kind of sunk in to my skin. (but I also live in the freakin dry deserts of UT).
I just notice if I try to skin this step my skin doesn't look quite as young and glowing. So yes I will continue to pay the Jack Black high price for this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by angi8488

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This product was originally bought for my husband who is a very pale redhead and whose skin reacts to everything. He really liked it and when my facial moisturizer ran out I decided to borrow his for awhile. This stuff is great. Skin feels comfortable after use, does not leave a white cast or break me out, and has sun protection. It also doesn't seem to increase any oil production in my t-zone, which has been a problem with past moisturizers for me. The price is a bit high but for the quality of the product I think it is worth it and we will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This product blew me away. I have pretty sensitive combination skin, and before this, I was using 100% Pure Pomegranate moistuizer. It was pretty good, but it didn't give my skin quite enough moisture and didn't sink in as fast. This moisturizer sinks in fast, wears beautifully under makeup, provides good skin protection, and isn't ridiculously expensive. Jack Black continues to impress me with their products. It is moisturizing enough to use in the winter, but light enough to use in the summer.

UPDATE 2/20: Been using for two weeks now. Still loving it. It is the fastest absorbing moisturizer I have ever tried. Also seems to be improving the texture of my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't bought this product but I would like to! I tried it out at Sephora. It's very light and easy to rub in, not a strong scent, doesn't make my face red (only a little at first). Haven't used it enough to see if it affects my acne, but so far I love it. =)