November 23, 2014 | 1937 users online

Treatments (Face) - Topix - Replenix Green Tea Serum CF

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by cistre2000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hesitated buying this because of the cost. It was much cheaper to use what my derm. gave me, Mirvaso, which is new on the market. It completely gets rid of the red for 12 hours, but some people have said that the red comes back even worse. I haven't tried it yet because I'm such a chicken. So I decided to try Replenix CF serum first and see what happened. The red was significantly reduced! I only wash my face once a day (at night) because the more I mess around with it, the redder my face gets. I don't re-wash my face in the morning, I just wipe it gently with a damp wash cloth and put on some more Replenix. Caffeine is a vasoconstrictor and this product has enough of it to do the job well. If I ever try the Mirvaso, I'll repost.
UPDATE: I've been using this for a few weeks and it really helped the redness.
First product I've found to do what it claims without irritating my skin. I also use Aveeno Ultra-Soothing Foaming Cleanser which doesn't irritate my face either. For severe rosacea breakouts, I use Aquanil HC (which my derm recommended, available OTC) under the Replenix and it clears it up quickly. Unfortunately, now I can see the broken capillaries that were under the redness. But that's a small price to pay. I can cover that up with makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this product under sunscreen every morning for close on 2 years. Up until my last purchase, it was a milky brownish gel that absorbs instantly into my skin, but the last time I purchased it it was clear brown. I'm not quite sure if anything changed..? But it felt and smelled the same, and I didn't notice any difference using it. I do not have rosacea or sensitive skin, which this serum is supposed to help with. However, I did see the amazing images that I believe JoshuaP (?) from the Skin Care board posted that showed a visible difference in his hands where the CF serum was applied and where it wasn't -- it is a serious antioxidant! Therefore, although I don't see any visible difference other than light moisturization and no breakouts, I keep coming back to this product. As for the packaging, as others have mentioned, I dislike how you can't see how much is left in the bottle (I just ran out of it unexpectedly the other day and didn't have a replacement ordered in advance.. :( ). But one bottle usually lasts me about 2 months, and I use about 2 or 3 pumps every day. My main gripe about this product is that it's somewhat expensive for what it is ($67), so I think now that I've run out I'm going to try and find a similar but more affordable alternative. If I find one, I'll update this post! Hope this helps anyone who's still on the fence.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by dileqce

This is the only serum didn't break me out. I have a fair and sensitive skin and can't tolerate vitamin C at all ! I'm using Replenix Serum now over a month. Frankly I can't see any dramatic change but I feel the product is working deep inside. It is not a tint serum and not oily. It kind of feels great, once you apply, skin absorbs so quickly. I like that feeling. I will keep using it. Packaging is poor though I wish I could see how much product left so I could order easily

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a product that is very well worth Spending the money on if you suffer from sensitive skin that has "Issues". Those with poor skin barrier, Rosacea, Seb-Derm on their face, perioral Dermatitis, Acne breakouts, Redness, irritation from products or makeup, will love this product.

I say right now that this product has Saved my skin numerous times in my life. The first time was when I was in my mid-20's and had a case of Seb-derm/Acne that would not get better. This has a calming and soothing effect on the skin that I have to find rivaled in any other product. Here I am 17 years later and found myself drawn back to this product because of my increasingly sensitive flakey but somewhat oily skin that does not react well to products. This is a Medical Grade Skin care product. there was a time you could only purchase it through your dermatologist. That is how I found the product back in the mid-90's. Back then this serum was like $100. No kidding. with coupon codes I can normally purchase it for about $50 plus free shipping. So I would say the price is not bad for a product that can repair and protect your sensitive skin barrier and not make it worse!

The serum is kind of brownish. Lightweight gel like (A little more watery, but it's a serum not a moisturizer). It sinks right into the skin. If you are very oily to combo you may not need a moisturizer with this in summer and warmer times. After using it for awhile you will find that your skin is more evenly balanced and will need less moisture. There is Hylauronic acid in this for protection for your lipid barrier. Most of us with compromised skin barrier, no matter if we are oily or dry need to still attract moisture to your lipid barrier. It's what keeps the Wrinkles from forming and gives you that Healthy glow!!

There is no added fragrances, dyes etc. Just strong basic ingredients that work. No fillers in this. I have to say the Whole Replenix line itself is built that way if you want to check out their other products. They work. No Bullshit, no huge claims, no unneeded ingredients to make you feel like it Might do something. I'm tired of dealing with pseudo-Cosmetic Skin companies that never live up to their claims. This is hands down the most potent Green Tea you will ever find in a product anywhere. Green Tea is an anti-inflammatory. Reduces swelling, inflammation and redness. It makes your skin look Normal and calm. I have yet to find a superior product in over 25 years of skincare and cosmetics. Only thing that has even come close is Avene Cicalfate, but that's a barrier cream, not a daily use kind of thing.

So this serum will now be on auto-ship for me from now on. I've decided after my last go round with Seb-derm to find real products that work and stick with it for the long haul. There comes a point that you have to stop experimenting and find the right products for your skin type and stick it out. It will also save you tons of money in the long run. All you need is a Good cleanser for your skin type, a serum to correct and protect and a moisturizer. Nothing else. Compromised skin needs gentle but effective care and this product definitely lives up to it's promises. I rarely will say Holy Grail but this is it for me.

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The only serum I can/will use! I generally prefer the CF Cream as I have pretty dry skin but I find that in the warmer months, the Serum is the perfect product to wear under my sunscreen. The biggest result from using either the Cream or the Serum is the redness in my cheeks, it's almost gone. I have rosacea and very sensitive skin, so redness is a part of everyday life. But the Green Tea products have really made a difference. Also, I have several sebaceous hyperplasia spots on my face and I have noticed that they're smaller since starting use of the Green Tea. Do I think they'll make them go away? No, but at least I'm not getting more of them. I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants a good antioxidant especially if you're too sensitive to use Vitamin C.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this serum. I resisted buying it for a long time because of the price, but I finally gave in, and I'm so glad I did. I have sensitive, combination, clog-prone skin that is very prone to redness (I might have mild rosacea). This serum is amazing at reducing the redness, and it never irritates my skin or clogs my pores. It doesn't provide much moisture on its own, so I use it under my sunscreen during the day and my moisturizer at night. I ran out of my first bottle and didn't get a new one ordered for a couple weeks, and I saw a noticeable increase in the redness of my skin. I will definitely keep using this.
UPDATE: It is with great sadness that I update and downgrade this product. As I neared finishing my second bottle of this serum, I noticed some problems with my skin: new breakouts and clogging and, worst of all, redness and stinging when I applied my sunscreen in the morning. I use Elta MD UV Clear SPF 46, which I have used for about three years, so when I started to react to it, I starting thinking about the new products I had begun using. The Replenix serum was the most recent addition to my routine, so I did a test. For a week I applied the serum to only the left half of my face morning and night. At the end of the week, the left side had more breakouts and more clogged pores and was more easily irritated. Somehow green tea seems to be having the opposite of the expected reaction on my skin.

Ingredients: Purified Water, Caffeine UPS, 90% Polyphenol Isolate Of Camellia Sinenis Leaf, Sodium Hyaluronate, Bisabolol, Cucumber Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Extract, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Carbomer, Methyparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Tetra-sodium EDTA. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by loveoutdoors

Heard so many good things about this product regarding helping with Rosacea so I decided to give it a try. I've been using it for about 3 -4 weeks now and will repurchase as so far I am pleased with results. The redness I usually have is calmed although I have to be fair and state I also started Metrogel recently (about 2 weeks now). I may switch to the cream on my next purchase as my skin is dry and creams are usually a better choice. For reference my skin is dry, mature, somewhat sensitive w/Rosacea. 7/30/12 Just wanted to add the bottle lasted a long time, just finished it 2 weeks ago and very pleased with the results. (Can't see the date I purchased but I believe its been over 2 months)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 6:34:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was also recommended this serum by one of my absolute fav mua'rs Josh and this will hands down be my staple antioxidant serum for life. I have tried about every antioxidant and vitamin c serum out there and either they would be cone based/break me out or my skin would be left a tad irritated/red. I love what a simple clean ingredient list this serum has and that it is green tea based. Such an amazing alternative to Vit C serums which don't work for everyone and can go bad fast/be a waste of money. Worth every penny as the perfect antiox boost I need to use under my spf in the morning. Never breaks me out which is great for super fussy/clog prone skin like mine lol. Really want to try the cream version after this worked so well!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by barbiH

I started using this serum on 12/29/11, so it's definitely time to review it. Not sure why it took me so long to try it out except that I will say, I tried it many years ago and my face didn't seem to like it. But that was also during my "dark days" of test driving Rx retinoids, from tretinoin to differin. My face at the time didn't seem to like most things. When Josh posted the picture of his hand on his notepad last Fall, I realized that I needed to give this one more try. His results of obvious sun protection from just using leftover Replenix green tea on his hands is beyond convincing. Do see it if you haven't. Also, do thoroughly price check online prior to ordering Replenix. The prices seems to be all over the place. As far as my results.....it's very soothing. No doubt it lessens any redness, especially if I've been too aggressive with my skin. Green tea is said to have excellent antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal benefits which is why it's helpful for those with acne, SD, Rosacea and/or psoriasis. Thumbs up so far!!!

14 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by atlas84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This is a very nicely formulated serum for the money. It is a lightweight, brown gel that goes on smoothly and absorbs instantly into the skin. The amount of green tea is quite considerable in this (which is why its brown). Since green tea has proven antioxidant properties, you can count on this to do its job in that aspect. The caffeine and chamomile give an extra boost to this serum's anti-irritant properties.

I found when I used this, I got light hydration and a slight calming effect if my skin was irritated. I'm considering incorporating this into my daily routine.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No