Topix Replenix Green Tea Serum CF

4.3

Purified Water, Caffeine USP, 90% Polyphenol Isolate of Camellia Sinensis Leaf, Sodium Hyaluronate, Bisabolol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Extract, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Tetrasodium EDTA.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this and the CF cream for a month or so -- and I'm actually seeing a difference! First time for that! I have rosacea/past sun damage that makes my face red most of the time. The redness is not nearly as visible as before I started this. Pretty amazing, an anti-redness product that seems to be working! And I heard about it on the skin board -- thank you Makeup Alley!

on 4/7/2015 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I had high hopes for this after reading the reviews but am left disappointed. I have acne/rosacea and seb. derm and thought this would fair well. It felt great upon application but just a few days later I'm getting pimples on my cheeks where I applied the serum. Total let down.

Edit: I stopped using this before the first edit review but wanted to come back and remind readers of how gross my skin is!!!! My pimples are huge and hurt and it is 100% from this serum, I did nothing new in my diet or skincare regimen. NOT HAPPY

on 11/26/2014 6:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a nice no frills serum. Does not break me out, however I'm not re-purchasing because I find it tight and uncomfortable on my sensitive skin (need something more moisturizing). Didn't really notice a difference in my skin after a couple bottles either.

on 4/28/2014 1:00:00 PM

I hesitated buying this because of the cost. It was much cheaper to use what my derm. gave me, Mirvaso, which is new on the market. It completely gets rid of the red for 12 hours, but some people have said that the red comes back even worse. I haven't tried it yet because I'm such a chicken. So I decided to try Replenix CF serum first and see what happened. The red was significantly reduced! I only wash my face once a day (at night) because the more I mess around with it, the redder my face gets. I don't re-wash my face in the morning, I just wipe it gently with a damp wash cloth and put on some more Replenix. Caffeine is a vasoconstrictor and this product has enough of it to do the job well. If I ever try the Mirvaso, I'll repost.
UPDATE: I've been using this for a few weeks and it really helped the redness.
First product I've found to do what it claims without irritating my skin. I also use Aveeno Ultra-Soothing Foaming Cleanser which doesn't irritate my face either. For severe rosacea breakouts, I use Aquanil HC (which my derm recommended, available OTC) under the Replenix and it clears it up quickly. Unfortunately, now I can see the broken capillaries that were under the redness. But that's a small price to pay. I can cover that up with makeup.

on 9/14/2013 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this product under sunscreen every morning for close on 2 years. Up until my last purchase, it was a milky brownish gel that absorbs instantly into my skin, but the last time I purchased it it was clear brown. I'm not quite sure if anything changed..? But it felt and smelled the same, and I didn't notice any difference using it. I do not have rosacea or sensitive skin, which this serum is supposed to help with. However, I did see the amazing images that I believe JoshuaP (?) from the Skin Care board posted that showed a visible difference in his hands where the CF serum was applied and where it wasn't -- it is a serious antioxidant! Therefore, although I don't see any visible difference other than light moisturization and no breakouts, I keep coming back to this product. As for the packaging, as others have mentioned, I dislike how you can't see how much is left in the bottle (I just ran out of it unexpectedly the other day and didn't have a replacement ordered in advance.. :( ). But one bottle usually lasts me about 2 months, and I use about 2 or 3 pumps every day. My main gripe about this product is that it's somewhat expensive for what it is ($67), so I think now that I've run out I'm going to try and find a similar but more affordable alternative. If I find one, I'll update this post! Hope this helps anyone who's still on the fence.

on 6/29/2013 6:37:00 PM

This is the only serum didn't break me out. I have a fair and sensitive skin and can't tolerate vitamin C at all ! I'm using Replenix Serum now over a month. Frankly I can't see any dramatic change but I feel the product is working deep inside. It is not a tint serum and not oily. It kind of feels great, once you apply, skin absorbs so quickly. I like that feeling. I will keep using it. Packaging is poor though I wish I could see how much product left so I could order easily

on 5/27/2013 9:28:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a product that is very well worth Spending the money on if you suffer from sensitive skin that has "Issues". Those with poor skin barrier, Rosacea, Seb-Derm on their face, perioral Dermatitis, Acne breakouts, Redness, irritation from products or makeup, will love this product.

I say right now that this product has Saved my skin numerous times in my life. The first time was when I was in my mid-20's and had a case of Seb-derm/Acne that would not get better. This has a calming and soothing effect on the skin that I have to find rivaled in any other product. Here I am 17 years later and found myself drawn back to this product because of my increasingly sensitive flakey but somewhat oily skin that does not react well to products. This is a Medical Grade Skin care product. there was a time you could only purchase it through your dermatologist. That is how I found the product back in the mid-90's. Back then this serum was like $100. No kidding. with coupon codes I can normally purchase it for about $50 plus free shipping. So I would say the price is not bad for a product that can repair and protect your sensitive skin barrier and not make it worse!

The serum is kind of brownish. Lightweight gel like (A little more watery, but it's a serum not a moisturizer). It sinks right into the skin. If you are very oily to combo you may not need a moisturizer with this in summer and warmer times. After using it for awhile you will find that your skin is more evenly balanced and will need less moisture. There is Hylauronic acid in this for protection for your lipid barrier. Most of us with compromised skin barrier, no matter if we are oily or dry need to still attract moisture to your lipid barrier. It's what keeps the Wrinkles from forming and gives you that Healthy glow!!

There is no added fragrances, dyes etc. Just strong basic ingredients that work. No fillers in this. I have to say the Whole Replenix line itself is built that way if you want to check out their other products. They work. No Bullshit, no huge claims, no unneeded ingredients to make you feel like it Might do something. I'm tired of dealing with pseudo-Cosmetic Skin companies that never live up to their claims. This is hands down the most potent Green Tea you will ever find in a product anywhere. Green Tea is an anti-inflammatory. Reduces swelling, inflammation and redness. It makes your skin look Normal and calm. I have yet to find a superior product in over 25 years of skincare and cosmetics. Only thing that has even come close is Avene Cicalfate, but that's a barrier cream, not a daily use kind of thing.

So this serum will now be on auto-ship for me from now on. I've decided after my last go round with Seb-derm to find real products that work and stick with it for the long haul. There comes a point that you have to stop experimenting and find the right products for your skin type and stick it out. It will also save you tons of money in the long run. All you need is a Good cleanser for your skin type, a serum to correct and protect and a moisturizer. Nothing else. Compromised skin needs gentle but effective care and this product definitely lives up to it's promises. I rarely will say Holy Grail but this is it for me.

on 4/9/2013 4:56:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The only serum I can/will use! I generally prefer the CF Cream as I have pretty dry skin but I find that in the warmer months, the Serum is the perfect product to wear under my sunscreen. The biggest result from using either the Cream or the Serum is the redness in my cheeks, it's almost gone. I have rosacea and very sensitive skin, so redness is a part of everyday life. But the Green Tea products have really made a difference. Also, I have several sebaceous hyperplasia spots on my face and I have noticed that they're smaller since starting use of the Green Tea. Do I think they'll make them go away? No, but at least I'm not getting more of them. I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants a good antioxidant especially if you're too sensitive to use Vitamin C.

on 3/23/2013 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this serum. I resisted buying it for a long time because of the price, but I finally gave in, and I'm so glad I did. I have sensitive, combination, clog-prone skin that is very prone to redness (I might have mild rosacea). This serum is amazing at reducing the redness, and it never irritates my skin or clogs my pores. It doesn't provide much moisture on its own, so I use it under my sunscreen during the day and my moisturizer at night. I ran out of my first bottle and didn't get a new one ordered for a couple weeks, and I saw a noticeable increase in the redness of my skin. I will definitely keep using this.
UPDATE: It is with great sadness that I update and downgrade this product. As I neared finishing my second bottle of this serum, I noticed some problems with my skin: new breakouts and clogging and, worst of all, redness and stinging when I applied my sunscreen in the morning. I use Elta MD UV Clear SPF 46, which I have used for about three years, so when I started to react to it, I starting thinking about the new products I had begun using. The Replenix serum was the most recent addition to my routine, so I did a test. For a week I applied the serum to only the left half of my face morning and night. At the end of the week, the left side had more breakouts and more clogged pores and was more easily irritated. Somehow green tea seems to be having the opposite of the expected reaction on my skin.

Ingredients: Purified Water, Caffeine UPS, 90% Polyphenol Isolate Of Camellia Sinenis Leaf, Sodium Hyaluronate, Bisabolol, Cucumber Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Extract, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Carbomer, Methyparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Tetra-sodium EDTA. continued >>

on 4/27/2012 1:29:00 PM

Heard so many good things about this product regarding helping with Rosacea so I decided to give it a try. I've been using it for about 3 -4 weeks now and will repurchase as so far I am pleased with results. The redness I usually have is calmed although I have to be fair and state I also started Metrogel recently (about 2 weeks now). I may switch to the cream on my next purchase as my skin is dry and creams are usually a better choice. For reference my skin is dry, mature, somewhat sensitive w/Rosacea. 7/30/12 Just wanted to add the bottle lasted a long time, just finished it 2 weeks ago and very pleased with the results. (Can't see the date I purchased but I believe its been over 2 months)

Popular Treatments (Face)