October 25, 2014 | 866 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Regenerist Continuous Night Recovery Moisturizing Treatment

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by MrsA4ls

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This review if for the Olay Regenerist Night Recovery CREAM not "treatment" but, they do not list this product probably because they just changed the formulation after YEARS of happy customers and replaced it with a smelly, oily mess! The formula used to be purple and pleasant smelling and now, it has an oily cheap perfume smell, off white color and does NOT have the same affect on your skin. It is making me "oily" when the other was so great, I used it BOTH day AND night and had GREAT looking skin. What am I suppose to do now? Go through the hell of trying to find (most likely in vain) something that was as effective and well done as the FORMER Night Recovery Cream. I wanted to leave a similar review on THEIR website but, I guess that the anger displayed by some of their former clients have tempered their enthusiasm for customer feedback. I am so very disappointed in Olay. I've used this product for years and now...back out on the hunt for something else. I hate this process, I really, really do.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not a bad night cream, it has a few beneficial ingredients in it. My skin felt soft after applying and in the morning I didn't wake up with a shiny, greasy face. As to whether I would buy again I am thinking no, Olay has better creams with more beneficial ingredients in them than this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

I am super surprised that this cream has such harsh reviews... i have had a lot of luck with it, overall. I would normally define my skin as being a combination of oily with really dry patches. It makes everything so miserable and overly complicated, because i exfoliate my whole face, and then use a cleaner B.P. based to use on the oily sections- trying not to get any on the dry sections because it just driez it out that much more. Afterwards, I need another cleaner to clean my whole face, usually a cream cleaner to treat the more dry patches. Its just a pain! I was reading an article that said 70% of woman mis-diagnose their their skin type. I assumed that the parts of my face were oily because its where i tend to break out. ANYWAY- i got it all wrong. I have DRY- acne prone skin. So to treat it, I use many wonderful products, with olay regenerist night cream being part of my regimen. After I use my toner at night, and my face is dry- I treat my acne with a spot treatment and then I use this cream on my entire face and neck- rub it in until most of it is saturated. I use a good amount, just because I have fairly dry skin... Unlike others, I LOVE the scent of this cream. It is not harsh, or super strong. Compared to some of the others that either dont smell at all, or totally smell horrid- this one is refreshing. Its very light, so after I put it on, I can smell it for 20mins or so until it fully dries, and then I can no longer smell it at all. I dont get a tight feeling, or the feeling of a 'mini face lift'... i just get the feeling of deep moisturization, that works really well overnight and the olay day cream works well all day long- keeping my skin flake free, ultra hydrated (which has cut down tremendously the amount of break outs I get). I occasionally get a few zits, but I never attribute them to this face cream. I wouldn't recommend this cream to someone with super oily skin- only because I think it would lock in the oil. However, this has helped my dry skin with staying soft, day and night, leaves me with an awesome complexion, gives me the perfect amount of moisture- not leaving me feel oily after I use it. I have learned through my research and by trail and error that if you have acne prone skin (on the dry side), using products for acne only make the problem worse- as weird as that may sound. If you have dry- acne prone skin, you need a good day and night moisturizer to keep oil at bay, and lock in the pores with moisture and hydration vs. oil... And this is the perfect cream to start with. Its not super heavy, but not a light moisturizer either. Its lightly scented which shouldnt irritate unless you have ultra sensitive skin. Give it a try- I know I have really benefited from this product, and I intend to keep using it. I docked 1 lippie because of the price. I know its not SUPER expensive, but I use enough of it, that after 2 months, I am buying a new one, because the jar is fairly small. I will still rebuy over and over again....

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 3:57:00 AM More reviews by Wifetylifety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very nice product. I have very sensitive/picky skin that loves to get little sores on dry spots. Putting this on after I wash my face at night is the perfect amount of hydration without making me break out. It smells nice and you don't have to use a ton of it, so it lasts a while. I almost didn't buy it because it was more than I normally spend on skincare (college student budget) but it's definitely been worth it. I've had it for a year and am just now finishing my first jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by alise1968

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the few products that I repeatedly buy and will continue doing so. It does a wonderful job of keeping "maturing" skin clear, moisturized, and healthy looking. I love this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Demii97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS!! I have such a horrible habit of raising my eyebrows and i developed little lines on my forehead and im only 16! O: I found this in my moms room tried it only on my forehead and loved it!! I put it on before my foundation and it smoothes out any lines on my forehead instantly! And it leaves my forehead so velevity smooth! I get 2 full sized jars for 33 dollars at costco which i think is quite good. I dont use it at night though lol. I only put it on my forehead cause of my lines though but sometimes i put it on my whole face ans it leaves it so smooth makin my makeup apply better!(: i love it ! BUT if you severe wrinkles or lines then this is NOT for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by juicy70

Sooooo... I guess I am not sensitive to any of the ingredients in this cream because it works really well for me, I just love it!! At first I do get a slight flush from the niacinamide but for me that just means it's working. It moisturizes all night and my skin feels like silk in the morning... and poreless... I even use this cream to replenish right after I do my acid peels and no problem. It does smell like lavender but there is lavender oil in it - and the scent dissipates rather quickly, so it doesn't really bother me.

I have very dry skin so I don't think this cream would work out for those who have oilier skins. JMO.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

I want to love this, but I found out I am allergic to the niacinamide, as some of you are as well. (And thanks to this site I figured it out!!!) So for those of you who reacted, don't use regenerist or any niacinamide products!! I had to go to the Olay Age Defying Classic cream, NOT the anti-wrinkle line which still has it in there.

For those who don't react to niacinamide, it could be a great product, strong smell but I felt it went in pretty nicely and does make your skin soft, if you don't get a rash or break out!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by hoodoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nice formula but the strong perfumey smell is overpowering. Had to return this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Several years ago, as i began to approach 60, i figured maybe i should start taking care of my skin. I'd heard that DS products were often as good as HE, and i'd heard good things about Olay, so i decided to start there, with the Regenerist line.
My first complaint is the hideous perfumes in nearly all the products - because they assail you even before you get them on your skin. My second complaint is the old fashioned unsanitary jar - the product would be better protected from bacteria and from oxidation in a pump or tube.
Third, these Regenerist products are jam packed with silicones - while i wear them in my face primer during the day, i really don't want to be sleeping in such a heavy dose of something that is purely superficial and often irritating.
Fourth, this night cream feels really creepy and icky. I have since moved on to other skin care products that i even look forward to using, as they feel soothing and moisturizing. But this cream is smelly, gooey, sticky -- and it is dyed an artificial lavender color. Every morning i would wake up wondering if i was doing my skin more damage than good -- besides all the other issues, such as low grade ingredients, i really do not need to be sleeping with dyes on my skin. I didn't even bother to finish the jar -- instead i got some much better night creams.