January 31, 2015 | 1611 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Black Cherry 477

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2015 4:09:00 PM More reviews by cecekath00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Here's the thing. It is a gorgeous color. BUT it goes on clumpy and weird. You can't spread it evenly. You NEED lipliner all over the lips. I use Sally Hansen Invisible Lip Liner. It's perfect with the lipliner. I wore this to prom senior year. It really is beautiful. Without the lipliner, it sets into cracks on the lip and emphasizes dry skin. It is a regular to deep berry depending on how much you apply. It's not as dark as it is in the tube. Trust me on this, lipliner will bring this up to four stars.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2015 8:30:00 AM More reviews by BattenbergUnicorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE the colour of this lipstick. Never having worn lipstick much before, this shade stood out to me. I find it relatively long lasting - more so when applied with a brush - and although it can take a few touch-ups to get the colour even, it's definitely worth it. Beware staining - I find this shade tends to cling to any dry bits on the inside of my lips, and if you accidentally go over an edge you may be best using some concealer to cover any staining after wiping off.
The colour is equally appropriate for a day out, mildly applied for work or fully applied for a night out. A versatile, worthwhile purchase at a good price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by ginandjuice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This and NARS Train Bleu are my favorite fall/winter lip colors (heck, I wear Black Cherry year round because it looks sultry in the summer). Black Cherry is much more moisturizing than other dark vampy lipsticks, thank god, because some darker highly pigmented lipsticks are very very drying and difficult to apply. Some are like rubbing a brick across your lips. It's between a matte and a cream. I wear Black Cherry far more often than all my other darker lipsticks because it's just more versatile and not so in your face as others can be.

You can apply it as a stain or full on opaque. I wear it as a stain to work and more opaque everywhere else. I have a pretty neutral skin tone, but I imagine most skin colors could pull this color off. It looks good with different hair colors as well.

I wear it on a simple face: foundation, powder, maskara and a neutral blush like NARS Luster. The lipstick pops without sucking the color from the rest of your face.

On my lips it lasts a long time, or at least average. Obviously if you eat a meal some is going to come off. But most lipsticks do, so I don't see what the big deal is with that.

I'm not bothered by scents so I can't comment on that aspect. It smells like nothing to me.

Some say it's similar to Wet 'n Wild Cherry Bomb. I hate Cherry Bomb. CB has too much brown in it, Black Cherry is plum. CB is very drying and hard to apply. Spend the couple extra bucks and get Black Cherry.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by cari16

I like the other colours in this lipstick line, but am not a fan of this one. The colour is not opaque enough to give full coverage, and I have a lot of trouble getting it to go on evenly. I get a lot of compliments on the colour, which is stunning, but it takes a ton of work to get it right. I will be looking for a similar colour elsewhere soon, because this cannot go on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

2 points for the shade that although pretty is misleading: it's like a much sheer-er version of what it looks like it's gona be. It's waaaaay too moist a formula to hold this deep (and it's not even as deep as I had hoped) a color. It does leave a pleasant berry stain behind. Turned me off from this entire line of revlon lipsticks. If you want a fierce vampy lip, look no further than Mac sin or viva glam III. They're matte and actually stay put.... And opaque and color true.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Iphy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the most beautiful fall/winter color! I feel like this would be perfect on anyone. If it looks good on me, it has to be true lol.

I find it does not stick well to the undersides of my lips, which can make me look like I have on some pretty scary dark lip liner. I have to blend it out and build up the color on balmed lips, not just swipe on dry lips.

I've had drier lipsticks, but this could be a bit more moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2014 9:00:00 AM More reviews by dragonisdragon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Just wanted to write this review for girls who are nc35-45ish who are looking to jump on the oxblood or vampy lip trend. i couldn't get in on the fun last fall because i spent way too much time looking for a lippy to suit my indian yellow complexion. (not that this colour is just for fall)
but some were too bright, too expensive for a lippy i'd wear not everyday, too berry or too pink or too brown but THIS is it. i've mixed this with other light mauve pink liners and lippy to create different ranges of intensity. be sure too keep the eyeliner simple and winged or none at all.
keep in mind tho this lippy for me at least require exfoliation prior too because it can really accentuate fine line:(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by missmorganbaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOOOOVVVVEEEEE this!!! My favorite berry colored lippy! (I also own 'DIVA' by MAC). I like this only better than MAC for some reason. Maybe because the color is a little more rich and it fades away pretty nicely. Not to mention, its half the price and I can pick it up at any local drug store. I just recently bought my manager one and she loves it as well!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 4:27:00 AM More reviews by abbymarsh

I really liked this lipstick, I'd been looking for a vampy berry coloured lipstick for a while but didn't want to fork out on a high end one just in case it didn't suit me. it has a really creamy finish, which does look nice but I think I would have preferred a matte finish as they just last longer and look nicer on me. It is quite long lasting and I think it would suit any skin tone, however it did seep into a few cracks into my lips even though I had applied lip balm beforehand! i love revlon lipsticks and this shade is really pretty and a nice vampy shade that isn't too OTT.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by blair_77_1999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I own Tom Ford Black Orchid & Nars Volga.This is a dupe for both & really applies like a more high end brand.Purchased as a back up to carry so I don't have to worry about losing an expensive tube.Only difference is this can go on patchy where the other two brands do not with just one swipe.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No