Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Black Cherry 477

4.1

on 3/22/2015 3:22:00 PM

Awesome color--if you love deep plums this is a definite. Wear it a ton, like the coverage and it's nice and creamy.

ETA: I've been wearing this a few days now, and if you like rich plum colors, this one is great. It doesn't dry my lips, it goes on opaque and smooth, it has a nice gloss to it, and it just straight up looks great. Color is probably my favorite of all the lipsticks I own right now.

on 3/21/2015 1:12:00 AM

FAVORITE EVER! Don't know why people are saying it's patchy, mine is super smooth and opaque. It's really creamy so of course the staying power isn't revolutionary but I always use a good lip liner underneath whenever I wear lipstick anyways so it helps to maintain color and shape. Beautiful color, hate the packaging though, looks cheap and always looks like the lid is missing cause of the clear top.

on 3/18/2015 1:42:00 PM

Extremely patchy. I tried this over a freshly exfoliated and moisturized lip: that's when it was worst. Then I tried it over a fully covered with lipliner crayon lip that as much more of a hot pink/red: that was almost as bad. Then lastly I tried it over a fully covered lipliner pencil that was really dark and then it looked kind of passable. Honestly, I don't suggest this at all. Get a lipstick that will stay on your lips. You can't even press your lips together with this without completely smudging the lipstick and making it even more sheer. It's opague in spots and sheer in others. I have no idea what they did wrong with this.

on 3/17/2015 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't know if it was recently reformulated, but mine isn't patchy at all!! It goes on opaque and creamy and smooth. I like to use a clear lipliner, and apply with a lip brush to get the best lines with it. It stains my lips on contact, and lasts and lasts. I'm prone to rubbing my lips together often and that leads to this colour becoming un-even and kinda liney. But as long as I don't rub my lips it's perfect. It's a perfect dark purpley reddish colour on me!

on 2/8/2015 10:56:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Patchy, sheer, and drying on me, regardless of whether or not I use a lipliner. Shades like this are a dime a dozen. Nearly every line of lipstick features a vampy burgundy named Black Cherry, and nearly any of those lipsticks will be better than this one. This is a rare dud for the Super Lustrous line.

on 1/16/2015 4:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Here's the thing. It is a gorgeous color. BUT it goes on clumpy and weird. You can't spread it evenly. You NEED lipliner all over the lips. I use Sally Hansen Invisible Lip Liner. It's perfect with the lipliner. I wore this to prom senior year. It really is beautiful. Without the lipliner, it sets into cracks on the lip and emphasizes dry skin. It is a regular to deep berry depending on how much you apply. It's not as dark as it is in the tube. Trust me on this, lipliner will bring this up to four stars.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I LOVE the colour of this lipstick. Never having worn lipstick much before, this shade stood out to me. I find it relatively long lasting - more so when applied with a brush - and although it can take a few touch-ups to get the colour even, it's definitely worth it. Beware staining - I find this shade tends to cling to any dry bits on the inside of my lips, and if you accidentally go over an edge you may be best using some concealer to cover any staining after wiping off.
The colour is equally appropriate for a day out, mildly applied for work or fully applied for a night out. A versatile, worthwhile purchase at a good price.

on 11/22/2014 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This and NARS Train Bleu are my favorite fall/winter lip colors (heck, I wear Black Cherry year round because it looks sultry in the summer). Black Cherry is much more moisturizing than other dark vampy lipsticks, thank god, because some darker highly pigmented lipsticks are very very drying and difficult to apply. Some are like rubbing a brick across your lips. It's between a matte and a cream. I wear Black Cherry far more often than all my other darker lipsticks because it's just more versatile and not so in your face as others can be.

You can apply it as a stain or full on opaque. I wear it as a stain to work and more opaque everywhere else. I have a pretty neutral skin tone, but I imagine most skin colors could pull this color off. It looks good with different hair colors as well.

I wear it on a simple face: foundation, powder, maskara and a neutral blush like NARS Luster. The lipstick pops without sucking the color from the rest of your face.

On my lips it lasts a long time, or at least average. Obviously if you eat a meal some is going to come off. But most lipsticks do, so I don't see what the big deal is with that.

I'm not bothered by scents so I can't comment on that aspect. It smells like nothing to me.

Some say it's similar to Wet 'n Wild Cherry Bomb. I hate Cherry Bomb. CB has too much brown in it, Black Cherry is plum. CB is very drying and hard to apply. Spend the couple extra bucks and get Black Cherry.

on 11/20/2014 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like the other colours in this lipstick line, but am not a fan of this one. The colour is not opaque enough to give full coverage, and I have a lot of trouble getting it to go on evenly. I get a lot of compliments on the colour, which is stunning, but it takes a ton of work to get it right. I will be looking for a similar colour elsewhere soon, because this cannot go on.

on 10/13/2014 8:17:00 PM

2 points for the shade that although pretty is misleading: it's like a much sheer-er version of what it looks like it's gona be. It's waaaaay too moist a formula to hold this deep (and it's not even as deep as I had hoped) a color. It does leave a pleasant berry stain behind. Turned me off from this entire line of revlon lipsticks. If you want a fierce vampy lip, look no further than Mac sin or viva glam III. They're matte and actually stay put.... And opaque and color true.

Popular Lipsticks