April 23, 2014 | 1967 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous - Black Cherry

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by mariselayoung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Ugh, why did it take me so long to buy this gem? I have been lusting over the Tom Ford Black Orchid lipstick - a product totally out of my price range - for so long when Black Cherry was literally under my nose! It's funny how you almost get two different lipsticks in one. When used in its full glory, Black Cherry is a blackened red with plummy undertones. Very vampy yet somehow not at all an intimidating color if worn in the right settings. And, when sheered out, you get this berry kissed stain - almost as though you've been sucking on a blackberry Popsicle all day long. It lasts a pretty long while and stains the lips - you'll have a hint of purple left over at the end of the day if you don't reapply. It's a unique and beautiful color that could suit virtually anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by JustKara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favourite lipsticks out there, its really pigmented and leaves a lovely rasperry stain as it fades. The only thing to remember when wearing it (or any other lipstick) is to exfoliate!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got this color, and I really love it. I'm a longtime fan of Revlon lipstick, and I'm happy to add this one to my collection. I would love to have this in Matte though. I prefer matte colors and they have better staying power. Just my preference, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by noname101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice color. Good payoff, but i find it a bit too slippy for the finish.

I use it mainly as a bit if a stain

for a thick layer i use Mac media

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 6:43:00 AM More reviews by MadameButterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My go-to lipstick for when I'm feeling gothic, vampy, grunge or nostalgic for the 90s. I have dark hair and eyes with neutral/olive toned NW15 skin, so this color looks dramatic on me. I can't wear this with a bare face, I have to apply some foundation and do my eye makeup. Also requires some touch ups, but it's such a dramatic look. A great color for a night time/party look!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by kintyr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

For this and some other Super Lustrous lipsticks there can be a lot of slip. I think this is a beautiful, versatile and flattering shade for all skin tones. It will be redder on some and plum/browner on others. For me it wears away into THE most awesome berry stained colour that I got compliments on my lip colour even though it was mostly faded. To get long wear and opaque coverage take some time, pat onto your lips, mush them around and blot. Add some more to deepen the colour and blot. Finally you can go in with a full swipe just don't be too heavy handed. Otherwise this can be patted onto the lips until desired opacity but it won't last as long if you skip blotting. Because itís slippery you have to work it into the lips. Take your time, it'll be worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

Too purple toned to look vampy on me - I am really pale and dig the slightly gothesque vampy dark lip look against my paleness and dark hair but I look like a vampire hooker with this on. It is also really patchy and uneven to apply and sticks to teeth like a magnet. I much prefer revlon's matte 'wine not' over this slightly easier to pull off and better texture and overall wear. I would try W&W's cherry bomb or Revlon's red velvet lip butter if you want a slightly more redder easy to pull off look with the same impact.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I threw this out, actually. In my opinion it doesn't live up to the insane amount of hype that it gets. Generally Revlon lipsticks are much better than this, but I just can't get an even layer of product on my lips with this. It also is very drying, does that odd pilling thing, and refuses to stick to the inner part of my lips. The color itself is quite nice, but I just can't get it to wear how I would like.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Gantz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-Can be worn as a dark vampy red
-Can be worn as a light raspberry shade
-Won't dry lips out

Cons:
-Not long wearing
-Can cling to dryness

Overall:
I can't remember how much I paid for this lipstick, I just know that it took me quite a while to find this color. It has always been sold out at my local drug stores, Target and Wal-Mart and when I finally found it, I rocked it all of the time. This color is versatile in my opinion, I can wear it dark or lighter depending on how I apply it. If I want to lighten this color I simply put on lip balm and apply a small amount of this lipstick and spread it out to a beautiful raspberry color. If I want a dark vampy look I simply use a liner brush to line my lips and fill them in. The formula is nice, my lips stay soft and hydrated for maybe two or three hours if I'm not eating or drinking. When you use this you have to keep your lips exfoliated and soft because this color will cling to any dryness. I love this color and I try to get as much use out of it as possible. I will definitely repurchase this lipstick.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by rachstriick

The color is beautiful right when you put it on, but i can't seem to keep it on the middle of my lips for more than 10 minutes. It's very slippery and grabs on to any dry patches quite persistently. Maybe i just rub my lips together far too much, but it really just slips around so easily. I wish it worked better for me. It is moisturizing though,but i value staying power too much too enjoy it much and maybe if it faded evenly,but it just looks horrible when only the center has disappeared,