April 19, 2014 | 1976 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Malt

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by TexasTracy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was on the fence about purchasing malt. I have been on a transition, crease eyeshadow kick but after reading the reviews, I was torn. I am an extremely warm toned gal. I can't wear the neutralizing mac tones of foundation (I list them as a color reference to help others but can't use them). So although NC20 or NC25 doesn't work for me, C3 is perfect. So that was my dilemma with this one. With the description a "soft pinkish beige" and the reviews stating that it was extremely light and didn't show up on their similar colored skin tone I passed on this one forever but kept coming back to it and finally broke down and got it. I love this! It is the perfect blending, transitional crease color. It's very compatible with a variety of colors so I have been wearing it non-stop since I got it. I will definitely repurchase this when I run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by KrystalEmmaMarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The color is pretty much like the name, It's a little lighter than how it looks in the pan, kind of like an actual malt milkshake or that kind of chocolate milkshake that you can tell had barely any chocolate syrup or powder added into it because it doesn't look like the perfect brown shake on the label... Chocolate milk or milkshake lovers will know exactly what I'm talking about.

The texture of the eye shadow is pretty soft, and for some reason I always think that I'm not putting enough of it on until BAM! I go outside and see that I have a ridiculous amount on my lids to the point it looks like I smothered malt milkshake on my lids. It's probably just my skin tone under the bathroom fluorescent light that's making me think I'm not putting enough product on my lids. So I'm pretty much just saying that it's really blendable and easy to put on your lids. As for a possible transition shade, I'd say the shade is a little bit off to do so, unless you're working with deep brown shades.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

This color looks muddy on my eyes. I was hoping to find a good matte base shadow color, but this is not it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 1:38:00 PM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this after the rave reviews on MUA, but to my dismay this color is not worth purchasing unless you are extremely fair skinned. This does not even show up on my eyelid (NC25). If you are looking for a transition color, I have a "Guide to MAC Transition Colors" on my blog, so feel free to check it out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A great, light, taupe-y brown color that looks lovely on my lighter skin. It definitely has some pink undertones, but they are so sheer you can barley tell. It kind of reminds me of Velvet Revolver from the Too Faced Natural Eye Palette. I definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by sizza911

I had to write a review on this after being complimented on my eye makeup and being asked for the third time in a week to write down what eye shadow colors I was wearing. I pair MAC Malt with MAC Swiss Chocolate in the crease and Urban Decay Bourbon eye pencil on upper and lower lash line. It makes my green eyes pop and I am surprised how good this looks with my fair skin with pink undertones and dark brown hair. I find MAC shadows go on smoothly and blend well. I'll definately buy again when I run out!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by BizzyBunny

Love this shade. Its a workhorse product. Im fair and its a great contouring shade for my eyes and cheeks. Billy B -Gagas makeupartist uses this to contour her. LOOVE

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by mswhunter118

I originally bought this shadow because I was doing a pin up look. I layered it on top of Indianwood paint pot with Saddle in the crease, Handwriiten in the outer v, Carbon to darken the corner, and heavy winged eyeliner. It was beautiful! I'm an nw 50 for reference and I don't find this color to be washed out looking or chalky on me at all. Perfect for a neutral wash of color.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Besides Haux this is the e/s I use the most. The blend of pink and taupe makes for a natural shade to liven up the eyes. I look more rested and awake when I wear Malt and it pairs so well with my beloved Haux. As a PPP I've found it to work really well as a light blush or contour color.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by JasmineLynette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a great hightlight color for tan skin african american women it isnt too chalky a white color looks amazing