October 23, 2014 | 1558 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Malt

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by PrettyBrownEyes2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a 2006 MAC Holiday palette. It is a beautiful baby pink shade. Recently I started using it again from a picture I saw on Pinterest. Lid color: Malt, Crease: Brown Script, Outer corner: Swiss Chocolate (All MAC shadows). This look is so pretty. DDD for reference NC55 in MAC.

I love that it is a Matte, no shimmer at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

This is my favourite Mac shadow. Perfect for light skin but also can be used as a nice transition shade for darker tones.
Glides on beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Kifmaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A must have in your travel palette, it looks great during the day as a crease blending color (yogurt on the lid) but at night i love to use it as a lid color for more smokey looks. little fall out but does not crease at all on my oily lids. I'm nc40.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by TexasTracy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was on the fence about purchasing malt. I have been on a transition, crease eyeshadow kick but after reading the reviews, I was torn. I am an extremely warm toned gal. I can't wear the neutralizing mac tones of foundation (I list them as a color reference to help others but can't use them). So although NC20 or NC25 doesn't work for me, C3 is perfect. So that was my dilemma with this one. With the description a "soft pinkish beige" and the reviews stating that it was extremely light and didn't show up on their similar colored skin tone I passed on this one forever but kept coming back to it and finally broke down and got it. I love this! It is the perfect blending, transitional crease color. It's very compatible with a variety of colors so I have been wearing it non-stop since I got it. I will definitely repurchase this when I run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by KrystalEmmaMarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The color is pretty much like the name, It's a little lighter than how it looks in the pan, kind of like an actual malt milkshake or that kind of chocolate milkshake that you can tell had barely any chocolate syrup or powder added into it because it doesn't look like the perfect brown shake on the label... Chocolate milk or milkshake lovers will know exactly what I'm talking about.

The texture of the eye shadow is pretty soft, and for some reason I always think that I'm not putting enough of it on until BAM! I go outside and see that I have a ridiculous amount on my lids to the point it looks like I smothered malt milkshake on my lids. It's probably just my skin tone under the bathroom fluorescent light that's making me think I'm not putting enough product on my lids. So I'm pretty much just saying that it's really blendable and easy to put on your lids. As for a possible transition shade, I'd say the shade is a little bit off to do so, unless you're working with deep brown shades.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

This color looks muddy on my eyes. I was hoping to find a good matte base shadow color, but this is not it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 1:38:00 PM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this after the rave reviews on MUA, but to my dismay this color is not worth purchasing unless you are extremely fair skinned. This does not even show up on my eyelid (NC25). If you are looking for a transition color, I have a "Guide to MAC Transition Colors" on my blog, so feel free to check it out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A great, light, taupe-y brown color that looks lovely on my lighter skin. It definitely has some pink undertones, but they are so sheer you can barley tell. It kind of reminds me of Velvet Revolver from the Too Faced Natural Eye Palette. I definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by sizza911

I had to write a review on this after being complimented on my eye makeup and being asked for the third time in a week to write down what eye shadow colors I was wearing. I pair MAC Malt with MAC Swiss Chocolate in the crease and Urban Decay Bourbon eye pencil on upper and lower lash line. It makes my green eyes pop and I am surprised how good this looks with my fair skin with pink undertones and dark brown hair. I find MAC shadows go on smoothly and blend well. I'll definately buy again when I run out!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by BizzyBunny

Love this shade. Its a workhorse product. Im fair and its a great contouring shade for my eyes and cheeks. Billy B -Gagas makeupartist uses this to contour her. LOOVE