MAC Matte - Malt

4.4

on 3/26/2015 4:49:00 PM

Love this shadow! A little about me blonde hair, green eyes, NW20, NARS Monte Blanc, YSL BR20. I love this shadow to contour my eyes, add depth, and give them definition. I also like to use this with a transition colour like Wedge. I have also used UD's Stray Dog or Satin Taupe over Malt. As a pale girl this is one of my favorite shadows to use with no make up, make up. It's excellent for a nice neutral eye as well. I also will use just Malt and a touch of Wedge in the crease then Shroom on the lid gives me an awesome simple neutral eye. Great shade I bought the single and I would most definitely buy it again. Recommended!

on 3/8/2015 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this eyeshadow! I use it as a transition color and I can't live without it. The shade is a pinkish brown color that looks so good on fair skin as a transition color or all over the eyelids. The pigmentation is amazing and it is a matte eyeshadow. I bought mine a few years ago and i thought that is a "boring" nothing special eyeshadow but I few months ago I started to using it and omg! I love it! it can really change the look of your eyeshadows if you use it as a transition color.

on 1/27/2015 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

love this color. it's the perfect " transition" color for almost any look. The slight pink hue brings out my hazel eyes. it's matte, no glitter or sparkle. One of a kind!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this in a 2006 MAC Holiday palette. It is a beautiful baby pink shade. Recently I started using it again from a picture I saw on Pinterest. Lid color: Malt, Crease: Brown Script, Outer corner: Swiss Chocolate (All MAC shadows). This look is so pretty. DDD for reference NC55 in MAC.

I love that it is a Matte, no shimmer at all.

on 9/28/2014 11:26:00 PM

This is my favourite Mac shadow. Perfect for light skin but also can be used as a nice transition shade for darker tones.
Glides on beautifully.

on 6/16/2014 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

A must have in your travel palette, it looks great during the day as a crease blending color (yogurt on the lid) but at night i love to use it as a lid color for more smokey looks. little fall out but does not crease at all on my oily lids. I'm nc40.

on 4/9/2014 9:42:00 AM

I was on the fence about purchasing malt. I have been on a transition, crease eyeshadow kick but after reading the reviews, I was torn. I am an extremely warm toned gal. I can't wear the neutralizing mac tones of foundation (I list them as a color reference to help others but can't use them). So although NC20 or NC25 doesn't work for me, C3 is perfect. So that was my dilemma with this one. With the description a "soft pinkish beige" and the reviews stating that it was extremely light and didn't show up on their similar colored skin tone I passed on this one forever but kept coming back to it and finally broke down and got it. I love this! It is the perfect blending, transitional crease color. It's very compatible with a variety of colors so I have been wearing it non-stop since I got it. I will definitely repurchase this when I run out!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

The color is pretty much like the name, It's a little lighter than how it looks in the pan, kind of like an actual malt milkshake or that kind of chocolate milkshake that you can tell had barely any chocolate syrup or powder added into it because it doesn't look like the perfect brown shake on the label... Chocolate milk or milkshake lovers will know exactly what I'm talking about.

The texture of the eye shadow is pretty soft, and for some reason I always think that I'm not putting enough of it on until BAM! I go outside and see that I have a ridiculous amount on my lids to the point it looks like I smothered malt milkshake on my lids. It's probably just my skin tone under the bathroom fluorescent light that's making me think I'm not putting enough product on my lids. So I'm pretty much just saying that it's really blendable and easy to put on your lids. As for a possible transition shade, I'd say the shade is a little bit off to do so, unless you're working with deep brown shades.

on 12/10/2012 12:54:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

This color looks muddy on my eyes. I was hoping to find a good matte base shadow color, but this is not it.

on 10/22/2012 1:38:00 PM

I purchased this after the rave reviews on MUA, but to my dismay this color is not worth purchasing unless you are extremely fair skinned. This does not even show up on my eyelid (NC25). If you are looking for a transition color, I have a "Guide to MAC Transition Colors" on my blog, so feel free to check it out!