August 21, 2014 | 927 users online

Loose Powders - Aveda - Inner Light Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by pattie0911

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW! i didnt realize it was so powerful when a friend of mine gave me this. :) i just used it from time to time since i have close to 20 loose powders and i'm so compulsive i use a different one every day just for fun

but boy this is seriously HG material! i've sensitive skin and red patches from acne scars which are well covered by MUFE full cover and Fancl liquid foundation. however when this goes on, it melts into my skin and just puts everything in place! i apply it with either MAC i cant remember what's the number duo fiber brush or the metallic pink kabuki from too faced and i love the final look!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by starlite714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was given to me by a friend who used to own an Aveda store... I never would have tried it since I see "translucent" and I need coverage!! I use drugstore liquid foundations, such as Maybelline and L'Oreal, and am quite used to brushing Jane Iredale pressed powder ($50) and Mac blotting powder($32?) over, but with this stuff I feel I can skip the Jane Iredale which will help me save $$$! :)

I have really oily skin and this stuff surprisingly makes my skin feel soft and keeps it oil-free, so I would think they would mention the oil-free effects in the marketing of this product???

Anyways, nice finish, very natural, ultra light to no coverage, oil absorbing powder. Lovely.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 3:20:00 AM More reviews by dcorbette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've bought Aveda products before and for me I have a hard time being completely happy with some of their cosmetic products. This is another product I am not fond of.

It tends to be a little dry, and I have normal to oily skin. At the end of the day it seems to set into fine lines and heavier makeup.

Before this I would use Shiseido's loose powder that gives a dewiness to it. Its so finely milled that by the end of the day it looks like you have gorgeous dewy skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by azunino228

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a die-hard Aveda fan, but had gone back to using MAC a couple years ago because of skin problems. I recently started using Aveda again and LOVE this product! I have oily skin and this really takes away a lot of the mid-day greasy. I love that it doesn't make my skin look chalky and white, since I have brown skin a lot of other powders geared toward oily skin just made me look white and dead. I used to use MAC Blot powder which was okay, but this stuff gives a great glow that I have never had before with any other products.
Try it if you have medium or tan skin and have oil issues... I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2009 12:33:00 AM More reviews by serafina7923

I bought this powder after reading all the good reviews here and I really like Aveda. This powder is o.k. It leaves me feeling a little bit pasty and a little dry. Some reviews say it has some oil control properties, which might be the problem as my skin is a little bit dry. I apply a very very light coat, just one dab and shake off the excess and that is plenty for my whole face I just don't feel like it is quite light enough in texture or as smooth of a finish as I would like. It is o.k. and I haven't had any reactions, but I won't be buying it again. Back to Laura Mercier.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2008 7:08:00 PM More reviews by lipz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the most amazing product from Aveda! I have this in translucent and love everything about it. Translucent does not translate into chalky with this product at all unlike most other translucent powders. An instant beautifier!! This comes in a sturdy jar with a screw top lid. Portable and easy to use. Probably the first loose powder that I've used that is the least messy. This powder gives a soft focus glow that controls oiles but does NOT dry at all nor does it stick to any dry bits on the face. The glow you get from this is so lovely! Re-applying during the day only makes you look more gorgeous...never cakey. I will recommend this to EVERYONE and I have already. Go out and buy some NoW!!
EDIT:While I still love this loose powder, I find it does not control the T-zone as well as Clinique's blended face powder. I'll use Aveda's for nights out or special occasions when I want the "glow"

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2008 3:00:00 AM More reviews by tragicglamour83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this in "translucent" for about a week. It was given to me by a friend that works for Aveda, and I have to say that this may be my new HG powder. I use a big fluffy brush as opposed to a puff over Cargo oil free liquid foundation. Great natural finish, pleasant smell, excellent price for the quality. I have dry skin so oil control isnt an issue, great for a finished but natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2008 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Alyne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this powder for over a year and it's great most of the time. As with all powders, if you have any dry patches, the powder will sit in those patches. It's less noticeable than other loose powders. I'm guessing it's because of how fine the powder is. The light glow from this powder is nice. it's not glittery or obvious. I also am tempted to buy some of their brushes because they are super soft but pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2008 9:48:00 AM More reviews by pecany

The ultimate loose powder! The packaging is made up of recycled materials, which and I makes me feel great, and I don't need a fancy container. I was a little bit weary about the shimmer that's in the powder because I don't like shimmer all over my face but once you blend it in it gives a beautiful and slightly dewy finish. I only have to touch up once throughout the day (which I have to do anyway with any other foundation and powder). I really like the way this feels, especially with the TM underneath. Great price too! $19, in my opinion is awesome for loos powder. Will def repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2008 8:53:00 AM More reviews by star_s_l_b

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This has been my go-to powder for many years now. It's so light and airy, it never gets cakey and it does leave a finish that is matte and yet fresh and glowy at the same time. The price may seem a bit steep but a jar of it can easily last me a year, even if I use it every day. My last jar I bought well over a year and a half ago, and it's still got a bit in it. I had to buy a new one cos the powder had gotten a bit rank. $19 doesn't seem so bad when you consider it's lasting power and the amount of product you get! Definitely worth a try!