September 2, 2014 | 1898 users online

Lipstick - Almay - Truly Lasting Color

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by MackMimiMommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in Petal. I think it is a little more coral than the other shades available. This is my favorite lipstain or long-lasting type of lipstick. I don't love the way your lips get super dry, but that is just how these types of l/s are.

This l/s is my favorite because the color is not overpowering. It looks more natural than many of the lipstains out there. The gloss is clear & nice as it does not have a flavor to it. I like that it moisturizes. The color stays on FOREVER & I need to remove it with eye makeup remover usually. The color stays put until it is removed. I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2010 5:13:00 AM More reviews by janene5000

I originally gave this three stars because, as thrilled I was with the colored half of the duo, the clear gloss side has almost no staying power. Since then, I have realized this has become a go-to lip color that I reach for with great frequency. The color lasts me at least an eight-hour work day, including exposure to all meals and beverages consumed in that time. It is the only long lasting lip color I have tried that has not completely dried out, roughed up my lips or gone darker or fell off in patches. It only darkens a little in the few minutes after application, and as I mentioned stays put. I wear it when I dine out and I never have to worry about tending to my lip color before or after the meal. I no longer bother with or care about the clear gloss end of the wand.

I'll try to review my two colors individually. (I don't know... might not be worth the effort as I think this may be discontinued. I just noticed I placed my prior review in the wrong spot and am fixing it.)

For now I'll mention I'm light-medium and cool (MAC NW15) and honey is a subtle MLBB color for me. Wish I would have picked blush though as honey skews a little bit more brown/beige than ideal for my coloring. Raspberry is a nice bright pinky-red. A definite go for night but during the day it would depend a lot on context as it is quite intense.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by MissCrow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lip-color -- nothing is longer lasting. It does not dry out my lips at all, and if I keep hydrated all day -- my lips stay soft and lovely. Application is a little irritating, but definitely worth it. You must let the color dry out completely before applying the gloss (I recommend applying the gloss very sparingly!), or else you will not get even color or long-lasting results. TLC may not last for 12 hours, but the color withstands eating, drinking and even long kisses ;) and will do so for maybe 5 hours or more. I touch up the color when it begins to look dull and I'm good for a long time!

The color variety is excellent -- I bought "sugarplum" which is a deep pinkish color that looks extremely natural. For me, it's the perfect color for work, school and everyday.

One of the draw backs though, is if you do not stay well hydrated, your lips will chap and peel, making the color appear very spotty. At this point, if you try to touch up, it'll just look worse. To fix this, drink some water, remove the dead skin on your lips with a damp towel, use lip balm and once your lips are smooth -- reapply TLC.

This lip-color is definitely worth a try. Almay's TLC is one of the best products for those of us with busy lives, who can't afford to be reapplying our lipstick constantly!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 3:14:00 PM More reviews by aebricker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this at Big Lots in almond for $3 thinking if it didn't work, I didn't have anything to lose. I LOVE it. I love the color. I won't go to anything else and neither will my friend who recommended this to me. I tried Revlon's version of this a couple years back, but this stays on longer and I got it much cheaper.

In fact, the other day, I went to get my teeth cleaned. It stayed on the entire time (and all that evening and night). The hygienist loved the color, was impressed by its staying power, and wanted to know what brand it was.

There wasn't much of a selection at Big Lots, but then I wasn't expecting there to be. (Heck, it's only Big Lots.) Both colors I bought worked well for me. (Roseberry was the other one, but almond's my favorite.) I don't know how great the selection is at drugstores.

I have found it to be a little drying, but my lips aren't particularly dry so that's not much of a problem for me--especially for $3. Reapplying the clear gloss has helped.

To take it off, I've found that carmex and a tissue work well. I feel so much prettier with it. I seldom wore lipstick before, because I'm not one to reapply my make up once it's on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 2:05:00 AM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in 'honey' for $3 at Big lots. I figured that if it didn't work out, I wouldn't be that upset cause I only spent $3. This stuff really does last ALL.DAY.LONG. It is drying so I put some Burt's Bee's lip balm on first THEN I put this on. Once I top it off with the gloss, that's it! No more touch ups, no feathering, bleeding NADA!! I'm in desperate need for products that deliver and this delivers beautifully. I'm going to try a primer underneath, for my lip lines, to see if I can get a smoother finish. EDIT: I tried the primer and this product is still drying and uncomfortable feeling. Even when I take it off my lips are still hard.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2009 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Belann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What is great about this product?
Staying power. Only one that did not get ugly after eating or drinking.
Does not bleed into small fine lines on upper lip.
No need for me to use a lipliner.
VERY inexpensive.

Not so great.
Drying for me.
I must take care in the application so it does not get to thick on the lip line.
Sticky at first.
Must use eyemakeup remover to dissolve. It even says so on the package.
NEED MORE SHADES IN THIS!
I have to use the gloss to even out the color which I do not mind because it really makes the color pretty.

I will continue to buy because it really does look nice on me. The staying power will keep me hooked! It stays where it belongs!

Because it is so inexpensive, it is worth a try.

UPDATE: Friends and family say I look awful in these colors. Didn't ask for their opinion. Anyway, will stop using until they have other colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2009 3:21:00 PM More reviews by starablaze

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice lipstick.
I like the formula, but I bought it in 'Raspberry' which wound up looking hot pink...not very flattering.
I just need to find the right color.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2009 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Holisticmassage

This is the only long lasting lip color I'll use. Everything else is too drying or I couldn't find the right shade. I LOVE the shade Almond. It's a beautiful color with the smallest bit of shimmer you barely notice. The first time I wore it some guy complimented me in the grocery store. I just look prettier with this color on. I can't bear to not have lip color on during the day and always bothered by having to reapply lipstick. I apply this once in the morning and still have lip color in the evening after drinking, eating, kissing whatever. It can be drying so I couldn't wear it every day but a few times a week otherwise I'd give it 5 stars. I don't use the lip gloss on top of it since i don't like the sticky feeling of gloss. Warning, once you put it on it does not come off for at least a day so I just use a light coating and put the tiniest bit of petroleum jelly over the top.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by AnApologyFromEllenOlenska

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My local Walgreens was having a BOGO/free special on these, so I picked up four: Blush, Sugarplum, Latte, and Roseberry. Lots of folks have commented on the lack of attractive shades, but these four have worked for me. I apply a thin coat, let it dry for about two minutes, apply the top coat, blot it (I found that this particular top coat, like the top coats of so many other long-wearing lippies, wears away fairly quickly, anyway), and then coat my lips in Cococare's Cocoa Butter Lip Balm (which is an excellent product in and of itsef, BTW :) This lip balm extends the life of the color and keeps my lips ultra smooth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2008 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Caramellane

I have been using this lipstick in the Almond shade for a few years now. The color is a slightly warm brick red. I am not the type of person that will reapply makeup throughout the day, and even though this lipstick can be drying I wear it anyways.