November 26, 2014 | 1263 users online

Cleansers - Kanebo - naive facial cleansing foam - green tea

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2012 2:40:00 AM More reviews by Jiketsu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros: a rich foamy cream with a minty tingle when applied. Its consistency reminds me of Shiseido soap, but Kanebo's results fall far short. Cons: doesn't give a deep cleanse - makeup and grime are still left behind on my skin after lathering and rinsing. The cleanser doesn't wash away easily, even after copious amounts of water splashed onto my face, I still feel a filmy residue on my skin. It clogs my pores and causes sporadic pimples. It also caused millia around my eye area. Irritating and over drying formula. My skin looks really dull and terrible after using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 2:58:00 AM More reviews by Junwwu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I saw this at the Asian supermarket and decided to give it a try since I have Asian skin and my current cleanser at the time wasn't doing a great job. That was more than 2 years ago, and I still use this cleanser! It smells soo good, not much like green tea, but a mild creamy sweet scent that's light. You also only need very very little of this product to get a nice foam, and it cleans off make up well. It's gentle while still getting my face very clean, and it doesn't overdry my skin. I haven't tried the other scents yet, but I want to once this runs out (though that takes a while since I use so little every time) This product is great and I worry about when I go to college and don't have access to Asian supermarkets to buy it anymore!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 4:25:00 AM More reviews by sheltielov3r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i loooooove this brand facewash. i have used the peach and pomegranate one

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by beautyinme

This is my first time trying a Japanese facial product. I have dry, sensitive skin, so I have to be careful of what I use as my skin can easily react to a new product. I've always used a cream cleanser as gel and foam cleansers can dry out my skin. However, in Asia, a foam cleanser is basically like a cream cleanser. The smell is very light and pleasant. I use this at night because I need to get rid of all oil and dirt on my face before I sleep. It takes a bit of effort to wash off because the cream/foam is pretty thick. It leaves my face a squeaky clean feeling which I have mixed feelings about. It is a bit drying for my skin afterward...I even get a bit of that tight feeling on my forehead and cheeks. That's why I took one lippie off. However, I learned to use oatmeal to wash my face as extra nourishment after using this product and surprisingly, my face is not dry and tight anymore. It didn't irritate my skin or made me break out. I plan to try something else after I'm done with this product, but I wouldn't mind purchasing it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2011 2:52:00 AM More reviews by lydiaxaidyl

This review is for the Cleansing Foam, not the Deep Cleansing Foam. This cleanser leaves my face feeling very clean; however, my skin also feels very dry. My eyelids and forehead feel tight, which is not a sensation I enjoy. This product is highly fragranced too. I highly suggest buying the Shiseido Perfect Whip instead. It works so much better than this and doesn't leave your skin feeling parched :D

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Yum3ji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Will update soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by mst1114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Don't know why everyone speaks so highly of these.

My mom really likes these as well. She has been using them from years and we've tried aloe vera, green tea, and peach.

All of them smell great but are too drying for me, especially around my nose and chin. Naive does get your face clean though, but all the moisturizer I need to pile on afterwards isn't ideal.

Also, not too sure what all those ingredients on the back are. Only familiar with a few.

First 5 on back of the peach naive: water, myristic acid, glycerin, potassium hydroxide, stearic acid, glycerl stearate.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 2:36:00 AM More reviews by maashi

Smells great, foams up so easily - really don't need much at all, foam is fine and smooth, doesn't dry me out, I feel clean after using it. Probably doesn't take make up off that well, so I prefer using cleansing oil at the end of the day, but in the morning this is a good wake-me-up cleanser. Dirt cheap too, so will repurchase and try other scents.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2009 2:56:00 AM More reviews by junycherry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing the Naive Facial Cleansing Foam in Aloe. This a creamy cleansing foam with aloe vera extract for normal skin. It foams up very nicely so you only need a tiny bit to clean the entire face. You have to wash it off thoroughly and maybe use a toner because it can leave residue. Its creaminess is great for the winter, but not so much for the acne-prone in the summer. Nothing really impresses me about it, so I will probably move onto another cleanser after I finish it up.
**Edit: I'm going to chuck this or use it as a body wash to finish it up. I think its richness is giving me whiteheads.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2009 8:42:00 PM More reviews by cakie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I been using this product for about 4 years. It works good for my oily skin as a basic cleanser, however, i dont think it was powerful neither on cleaning makeup off and improving skin condition. It does clean the dirt and oily off my face, but i think most facial wash can do the same anyway. Though it didn't cause any further problem on my skin so far. I keep a bottle by the sink and a bottle by the bathtub. Use it like 3 times a day. Will repurchase as a basic cleanser since it is not pricy and a tube do last about 6 months.