August 27, 2014 | 984 users online

Styling Products - Alterna - Caviar Rapid Repair Spray

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2012 4:18:00 AM More reviews by Laski

I bought a travel size version of this and Iīm glad I didnīt get the full size. In spite of all the rave reviews here, I have to say, this didnīt work for me at all. I have straight, uncolored, dry-ish hair with a bit of damage on the ends. All this product managed to do was making it staticky like hell, no matter if I used it on dry or damp hair. Maybe it imparted also a bit of shine, though nothing really noticable. Otherwise, there was no effect whatsoever on my hair, no moisture, no better bounce or manageability or anything. Didnīt like it at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by tebaldi

I paid $5 for this on sale at Trade secret. I may go back and purchase the rest of them. It made my hair really shiny and smooth, without added weight. Love it! Not sure if I would cough up the money if paying full-price, however.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by lilxjekka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best thing for over-processed hair. When my hair was in better condition, I found that it made my hair too oily to just spray on, so I just put it on my hands and applied like silk drops. Very useful in that way, or to spray on coarse, damaged, over-processed hair for extreme smoothness and shine.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by desertdwellr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this, and I don't think it smells wonderful, or like heaven. Maybe mine has been sitting in my hall closet for a while? Also, I don't believe it's worth the price, either. It's a nice product, and I spray a few pumps on my hair, every now and then, but there are products out there that do the same thing, for much less. I think many people are caught up in this being a 'luxury' product, and brand, and not really for what the product does for their hair. I get the same results from a few pumps of Redken Heat Glide, before I dry my hair, and Heat Glide costs a little less. This has silicone in it, and hair products with silicone, will make hair shine. I bought it because it said Anti-Aging, and for a while there, I bought anything and everything, with Anti-Aging slapped on it. This is an okay product. If you invest your money in a really good haircut. and/or color, then you don't need this, because it isn't going to do a thing for you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2009 11:09:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Jury is still out. Note sure how to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2009 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Amanda1107

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The Rapid Repair Spray works amazing on any hair type! It is my favorite shine spray out of any line that I sell in my Beauty Store. The smell is amazing and the spray has many conditioning and repairing properties! My only complaint is the price, but I suppose in this case you get what you pay for!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 6:43:00 PM More reviews by bobbictx

Did they discontinue this? I'm having a hard time finding it.
Anyways, I LOVE this stuff!
The price is insane, but god it smells like heaven! My hair smells so fresh and wonderful, I'd use it for the scent alone!

It does add shine to my hair, although I'm not sure it's improving the conditon of it. I don't use it every day though, maybe i should if I hope to see a change.

I'd buy it more often if it wasn't so expensive, too bad it costs so much. I really wish I could find a perfume that smells like this, though.

I'm surprised that some people don't like the scent, I absolutely LOVE it. Scent preference is a very personal thing though that varies greatly from person to person, so I guess it makes sense, especially since it's a tad strong at first, but I think most people who like fruity scents would love it. It smells very fresh and nice and fruity to me.

-wondering where I could find it for $20, it's $28 in salons, and not much cheaper even on ebay.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2008 7:34:00 AM More reviews by Tricho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I hate to give this product only 3 lippies.

I was lemming it for such a long long time and I just bought it one day - the fact I had a bad hair day was the straw that broke the camels back when I forked out the Ģ21 for this product. The first lippy off is because of the price!!

The packaging firstly is functional but not incredibly attractive....not a big deal for me but i'd definitely expect something nice for the money I paid. No leaks or spills and it sprays a nice fine mist so no complaints though.

My hair is fine, dark and straight - it tends to get greasy quite quickly and I wash it every other day - it lacks volume and I avoid the roots or using too much when I apply this product.
When I apply this finishing spray I DO find it nice, certainly 100% nicer than d/s finishing sprays, it makes my hair very soft which I love, it also adds shine which is great. You don't need to use very much at all of this otherwise you'll overload your hair and end up with grease, less is more with this spray.

The smell is ok, not that nice, not that nasty either, I can see how some would find it overpowering and awful, but i'm not usually that bothered by such things, unless it smells of something offensive, this is just a generic chemical fruit smell. Again, they could have done better for the amount they are charging customers for this stuff. When you pay big money for a small item, you expect all the luxury stuff like nice smells and luxury packaging - i found this product lacking in both.

The conclusion on this is that I wouldn't buy it again, I hardly use it as it is and have not found it has become an essential addition to my haircare regime, I usually spritz some on when i'm running out of the door and it doesn't do a fat amount for me. No supermodel hair, no amazing ethereal qualities....just a nice spray that makes my hair soft.
Is that worth Ģ21?? The answer is no - it'll last me a while and if i'm not using it and i'ts not impressing me it's obviously not worth another Ģ21. I'd rather buy a new top and some hairspray.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2008 9:14:00 PM More reviews by ALBA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

To the previous reviewer, I agree whole heartedly with your opinion about the smell of this product, urgghhh. It's a horrid, bubble gum, candified smell that just doesn't wear off. Why can't they give it an elegant aroma? I find it cheap and tacky whilst the price tag is anything but.
Does the product work? It does give a sheen but don't get it near your roots as they will get greasy too quickly. I fear that the alcohol is also very drying on colored hair.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2008 5:59:00 AM More reviews by MewsinProgress

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I just can't get past the smell. This stuff costs the earth and all I've been able to notice it doing is attracting dirt to my hair and making it greasy AND smelling like a big grape jolly rancher.

It does provide shine - but I have really healthy hair, and even John Frieda's Shine Shock gives me shine.... Maybe this would do something nice for my hair long term.

But I just can't get past the smell.