July 25, 2014 | 1875 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Club

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've added a comparison swatch:
Illamasqua Fervent - pigment, pressed version (palette)
MAC Club
W'n'W Definer - from the Comfort Zone palette

Club was the first one out of these three I bought. Everyone wast speaking about it being the most underrated (duochrome) MAC eyeshadow . I was never fascinated with the color and duochrominess. It doesn't look unique or special. The color payoff is not at it's best, but it is definately better than the drugstore brands. Except, W'n'W ;).Longlivety is average for HE e/s, combined with primer it lasts whole day.

Compared to these three: W'n'W and Fervent are equally *very pigmented*. Club I had to swatch three times. Fervent and Definer are redder, Club is more brown and muted. Compared to these twoo, looks like a warm brown. Fervent has chunky glitter, more like sparkle, and Definer is smooth upon swatch. Club has no glitter, but a very, very smooth texture. On eyes, Definer is more intense. You can't spot the difference between Fervent and Definer, only when swatching on hand - then you see chunky sparkle Fervant has. It may be due being a loose pigment originally. If you need to choose, go for wet and wild. Cheap/er, really pigmented & with a primer last whole day. Then if you want, you can buy Club. Note, they are pretty similar on eyes, and definitely there is no need to have all three. Except you want other colors from the palettes ;)!

I would not repurchase (I'll need +10 yrs to finish it, or all of them), but would recommend to a friend. Hey, it's not a bad eyeshadow. It was my third eyeshadow I ever bought by MAC, and it was on vacation in Budapest, so it has a special place in my heart. Sadly, I don't reach often for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by Leeopeth444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this eyeshadow so much! I like the turquoise undertone. Like using it as an eyeliner or all over the lid or combining it with steamy to make the undertone more dominant. Would definitely repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Such a unique and interesting colour that you really need to see in person to appreciate. The dupchrome in this is really cool...sometimes it looks warm brown/teal/dark green...it changes! Great for a smokey eye! My only problem is I have issues getting the colour to pay off on my brush...I feel like im constantly scraping at it!

But I found a dupe that works even better! In the wet n wild comfort zone palette....the green in there is an EXACT dupe for club...AND it is more pigmented and much smoother.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by CoralSunrize

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first MAC eyeshadow I've ever bought or tried. I was captivated by the color, how it looks to change from emerald to a smokey brown. It's very elegant and I find perfect for an evening out. I love this look as a sheer wash of color or layered on while wet for a more intense smokey look. The quality and pigmentation is incredible. I don't like how the clear thingy in the middle pops out though or how expensive this is, but it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Club has this gorgeous duochrome look in the pan that takes a little more work than just swiping it on your lids to show - otherwise it's just a muddy reddish brown that isn't very flattering. After I wet a fluffy brush and patted it on, though, it had that beautiful, almost rainbow effect I wanted. It really does remind me of a puddle of gasoline like someone had mentioned below. I paired it on the lids with Woodwinked on the crease, blended high, and used Humid to line. Applied correctly you can even see the teal-green behind glasses (which is what I was hoping for).

At some point I am planning to buy Blackground as I have heard that REALLY makes the duochrome come alive. Can't wait!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by applecour

Between this and Crystal Avalanche, these are the only two shadows I've ever hit pan on. This color is so gorgeous! It's like a purpley, greyish, green color. The pearl effect this shadow has is beautiful and unmatched by any other MAC shadow. I've used this just to line my lid, as a crease color, and also a lid color in a smokey eye. They all turned out gorgeous! You can pair this with anything - greens, blues, purples, white, cream, browns, greys, etc. I will definitely repurchase this color once it runs out. I'm really not a fan of black shadows, so this is what I use instead. It's dark enough to make that same smokey look, without hiding your lashes or looking like way too much is going on. The fall out is minimal, wich is also a great selling point for this shadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by pinktearose726

Well I must admit, at first I wasn't too happy with this color, until I learned how to use it. It came on very dark and almost brown when I was using my normal blending brush to apply it. However, once I tried using a different brush, the duo chrome color really did show up. You should always use this color with a paint pot as a base to start. Now the key for this shadow to really show up well is by using the MAC 252 large shader brush. Any other brush just doesn't allow this color to really show how great it is. If you want a more dramatic look, and want even more of the teal green color to show then I suggest swiping the color on your brush, then spraying your brush with MAC Fix +. Have fun and good luck!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ahhh Club. It took a long time for me to figure out how to use this to its full capabilities. For me, I like it best all over my lid and blended into the socket. But this is where I was going wrong before, thinking I could use it dry on my lids to get the gorgeous blue green effect. Wrong! I have to use it WET for the duochrome effect to work. If I don't wet my brush, then I don't get the pretty colour I'm after. Just a rusty red/brown whuch doesn't look too nice. I like to pair Club with Plumage in the V and Tealo liner on my waterline. The teal tones really shine through when these 3 products are used together. X

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Emma93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is an incredible and pretty unique color. I loved the swatches and what it looked like in the pan, I also loved looks on other people. I have had this for almost 2 years when I finally decided to sell it.
I just could not make it work at all. I found it rather boring and too red in the crease, and that beautiful monochrome only came out when used over a dark base. Now, I look terrible with black all over my lid or anything as dark as that. I have never been able to pull off a full on smokey eye. So putting a black base underneath Club make the duochrome effect come out, but I just looked hideous.
I tried it as a liner, which I didn't like, I tried it as a lid color, which looked weired and quite boring for what it is, I tried it with a black/brown base underneath, I tried it as a crease color. It looked horrible on me.
Also I find it very sad that without a darker base that green won't really come out and you just have a reddish-brown.
Such a shame!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by LucySmith2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this e/s. It's a metallic green/brown and, like ELF's socialite, can be used all the way up to the crease and it will look like you are wearing one colour on your lid and another one on your crease. I tend to smoke it out and there you have it. A great look that takes a minute. I then take whatever's left on the brush and run it underneath my lashline, under my eyes. A gorgeous look that can be made stronger or more subtle depending on how heavily you apply it. Just for the record I am now 40 and while I'm staying away from very frosty e/s on my crease, I have no problems at all with club.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No