MAC Satin - Club

4.4

on 4/4/2015 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is my absolute favorite eyeshadow I've ever used! I have bright blue eyes and pale, cool skin and this color just seems to make my eyes POP! I use a light-colored eyeshadow all over my lid and then add Club to the otter corner of my eye and in the crease a little. It is a beautiful color that is turquoise, green, brown, grey-ish.. really hard to explain and I think it is different on everyone. I started wearing this color in about 2010 and I just bought my second pot, so it lasts quite a long time.

on 2/18/2015 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I REALLY wanted to love Club, especially since most of my dark colors are matte. I just couldn't pull it off. It looked weirdly turquoise on me which just didn't work with my pale skin tone. Club made my deep set eyes look deeper, tired, and somehow bruised? Reminded me of the makeup look I rocked in junior high :) I was hoping it would pull more of the hunter green I've seen on others. I do love this color on other people though! Would make an interesting smokey eye. Pigmentation was good, and it was easy to blend.

on 2/8/2015 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My staple eyeshadow! It is hard to describe the shade, and this is what makes it so great, so unique, and so subtle. When applied, it looks green, grey and brown combined. It has subtle shimmers, which make it versatile and easy to work with. I often use it on its own, but it also works well as a transition shade. It's multi-chromatic quality in fact makes it a go-to transitition to brighter shades not only of green, grey and brown, but even of purple, blue, and crimson. It really deserves more recognition. I have very sensitive eyelids, but thankfully, it does not react in any way to this.

Of course I will repurchase. I am never out of this shade.

on 9/7/2014 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

*** ALLERGY WARNING ***

On the nice side, the colour is amazing and unique.
On the ugly side, it contains IRRITANT ingredient: BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE.

Yes ladies, if you are experiencing eyelid bumps, itchyness, driness of the eyes, ezcema or any type of allergic reaction... this is what is causing it. This ingredient all together is not good for use around the eyes due to its properties.

I bought this years ago and threw it out as it irritated my eyes. Someone just asked me for an opinion on a MAC eyeshadow which prompted me to leave this review.

on 8/7/2014 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Right, I LOVE this shadow.

I was looking for a shade that I could use to create an everyday subtle smokey eye with, and I stumbled across Club on MAC's site. I wanted a grey shade, but all of them seemed too true and I felt that with my pale skin and green eyes, they would look too cold and flat. On the site, Club looks like an incredibly subtle olive green grey, is listed as a satin, and MAC describes it as "red-brown with green pearl". It wasn't until I did some more searching that I understood its multifaceted nature and decided to try it out - IT.IS.GORGEOUS.

It's an extremely fine powder, soft in texture, so easy to blend, and I get no fallout. Only thing I would mention is that if you're trying to achieve a look that sees the colour look exactly as it does in the pan, you're going to need to layer it a bit. This doesn't bother me in the slightest as I was looking for a subtle look... On me, it turns out as a multi-dimensional satin almost reddish taupe-y colour. It catches the light beautifully and its gently green shine is so gorgeous and understated. It's easy to blend, layer, and control - I just cannot get enough of it!

As for packaging, it's MAC's usual sleek little pot, and price? Well, I think 13 is a bit much for a single shadow... I managed to find it cheaper on Ebay, but considering how much I love it, I'll definitely be re-purchasing no matter the cost! Absolutely stunning.

on 1/16/2014 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've added a comparison swatch:
Illamasqua Fervent - pigment, pressed version (palette)
MAC Club
W'n'W Definer - from the Comfort Zone palette

Club was the first one out of these three I bought. Everyone wast speaking about it being the most underrated (duochrome) MAC eyeshadow . I was never fascinated with the color and duochrominess. It doesn't look unique or special. The color payoff is not at it's best, but it is definately better than the drugstore brands. Except, W'n'W ;).Longlivety is average for HE e/s, combined with primer it lasts whole day.

Compared to these three: W'n'W and Fervent are equally *very pigmented*. Club I had to swatch three times. Fervent and Definer are redder, Club is more brown and muted. Compared to these twoo, looks like a warm brown. Fervent has chunky glitter, more like sparkle, and Definer is smooth upon swatch. Club has no glitter, but a very, very smooth texture. On eyes, Definer is more intense. You can't spot the difference between Fervent and Definer, only when swatching on hand - then you see chunky sparkle Fervant has. It may be due being a loose pigment originally. If you need to choose, go for wet and wild. Cheap/er, really pigmented & with a primer last whole day. Then if you want, you can buy Club. Note, they are pretty similar on eyes, and definitely there is no need to have all three. Except you want other colors from the palettes ;)!

I would not repurchase (I'll need +10 yrs to finish it, or all of them), but would recommend to a friend. Hey, it's not a bad eyeshadow. It was my third eyeshadow I ever bought by MAC, and it was on vacation in Budapest, so it has a special place in my heart. Sadly, I don't reach often for it.

on 11/15/2013 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love this eyeshadow so much! I like the turquoise undertone. Like using it as an eyeliner or all over the lid or combining it with steamy to make the undertone more dominant. Would definitely repurchase it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Such a unique and interesting colour that you really need to see in person to appreciate. The dupchrome in this is really cool...sometimes it looks warm brown/teal/dark green...it changes! Great for a smokey eye! My only problem is I have issues getting the colour to pay off on my brush...I feel like im constantly scraping at it!

But I found a dupe that works even better! In the wet n wild comfort zone palette....the green in there is an EXACT dupe for club...AND it is more pigmented and much smoother.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is the first MAC eyeshadow I've ever bought or tried. I was captivated by the color, how it looks to change from emerald to a smokey brown. It's very elegant and I find perfect for an evening out. I love this look as a sheer wash of color or layered on while wet for a more intense smokey look. The quality and pigmentation is incredible. I don't like how the clear thingy in the middle pops out though or how expensive this is, but it's worth it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Club has this gorgeous duochrome look in the pan that takes a little more work than just swiping it on your lids to show - otherwise it's just a muddy reddish brown that isn't very flattering. After I wet a fluffy brush and patted it on, though, it had that beautiful, almost rainbow effect I wanted. It really does remind me of a puddle of gasoline like someone had mentioned below. I paired it on the lids with Woodwinked on the crease, blended high, and used Humid to line. Applied correctly you can even see the teal-green behind glasses (which is what I was hoping for).

At some point I am planning to buy Blackground as I have heard that REALLY makes the duochrome come alive. Can't wait!

Top Rated MAC Products