October 23, 2014 | 1958 users online

Eyeliner - Laura Mercier - Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Emerald Green

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

Very pretty, still takes alot of work to get it looking good though (like the mahogany shade which I also own) not very green either - more like a muted black with a greenish sparkle running through it but not glittery or anything outrageous. Looks a beautiful forest green in the pan which is disappointing as does not translate onto the eye. Does bring out the green in my olive/hazel eyes though and is not harsh at all. All up not awful but would not recommend that highly as it is such an expensive product and the quality is not what I would expect for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2007 2:47:00 PM More reviews by swtlisa

Love this colour - i have dark brown eyes and it still makes my eyes pop. Not so dark that it's black but still a nice colour to it. I'd buy it again, only eyeliner that i can actually use and am comfortable with. I wear contacts and tend to get irritated with other liners but not with this eyeliner. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2007 4:44:00 PM More reviews by LKirsten

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Depotted this & 3 others into a MAC 4pan palette. Gorgeous color, great for tightlining, dark enough to stand out, but not so dark that it looks black. Lasts all day, even on my oily lids! Would definitely repurchase (if I ever used it all up)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2007 4:46:00 AM More reviews by TigiStylist

My first cake liner. I can say I adore it. I had to learn to tightline, on my on. The LM MUA at Neimans is a real winch!
She still can't kill the love for this liner!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2005 5:18:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

It took me several years before I finally decided to give LM products a real shot. All the hype about tightlining forced me to the store for the cake liners and I am so glad I did. These cake liners are really nice. Last all day long (12+ hours) without smudging or fading. Emerald Green is a true forest green. You can definately see green but its not too gawdy or bright for an everyday look. Its the perfect green IMO. Alot of greens are too black and you can barely see the difference, or they are too bright (like SM khol in green). This one is perfect. Great for everyday or evening. Retails for $20 and comes in a boring brown compact, but the product is excellent. I love this color!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2005 9:49:00 PM More reviews by LClaire

I went to Saks last year and had a makeover with one of LM's mu artist. $700.00 and 1 year later, I use LM cake eyeliners exclusively, and almost every other facial product she makes. This newer emerald green really brings out the gold and green flecks in my hazel eyes. Its great for daytime, as the ebony can be a bit dark if applied with a heavy hand.Looks amazing with LM pewter (crease) & starfruit (allover on top of wheat base)eye shadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2005 12:50:00 AM More reviews by lolly5377

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Another great cake eyeliner from Laura Mercier. Ever since I fell in love with her cake liners, I've been searching other brands to find a green cake liner. I came up empty-handed. Then Laura finally released this color, and it was almost exactly what I wanted. It is a dark forest green when applied--just a touch darker than I would like--but it does still read as green, and not black, as so many supposedly green eyeliners do. Excellent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2005 8:00:00 AM More reviews by filmart

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm so grateful for Mercier putting out this shade (new for Spring 2005). Trish McEvoy released this same tealish-green (which she calls Clover) a couple years ago, but as a glitter liner. I loved the shade, but hated seeing the gold glitter particles shed under my eyes throughout the day, even when applied wet. With the Mercier version, I get a terrific texture and matte richness, without all the mess.