August 20, 2014 | 1816 users online

Powder - American Beauty - Super Plush Powder Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Monseter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Good color, good coverage but it did end up making me break out in really painful cystic acne. I will say that it didn't make me oily and it made my face look flawless despite not using anything but primer underneath it.

EDIT 4/20/2014: I read up on this powder and I've read people saying that it's a studio fix powder dupe! I believe it because american beauty and MAC are part of Estee Lauder.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by tonkatoy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a wonderful powder/foundation. It is the first one that does not test on animals I have been able to find that actually gives me that dreamy, creamy, air brushed (as much as I can look like that at 46 yrs old) look. I tried it at Kohls, had a fifteen percent discount card and bought it. Had to wait until the product came in as it had been out for awhile- my particular color. It looks good on my tanned skin, and even if I lose some of the tan , it still looks good. I got the third one in the warm family. There were two others that were lighter than mine. CAn't remember the color. Too lazy to go downstairs to get it.
This stuff is beautiful. Stays on all day. Have not broken out yet. Only use it when I'm going out though. Mostly makeup less .Sometimes I just use the powder and other times I put it on top of my Paula's Choice foundation or my American Beauty Diamond foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by calanthe

Went through 2 compacts of this in the Fair Cool tone before my skin went haywire during pregnancy. It was awesome! Made my skin look totally perfect. I used this over the American Beauty foundation and my friend's sister-in-law always asked her how my skin got so smooth. I think she was jealous and I never got a chance to tell her that it was just good makeup!

If you aren't broken out, this stuff is wonderful for a polished, smooth look. You can use a small brush to add a little extra coverage to blemishes, though. And keep this away from your eyes, it is too heavy and drying for that area!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by dollief

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

EDIT --- I previously was not impressed with this, but after using it a couple more times and noticing how it did during the day, I have to say this is a good powder foundation to keep in my purse for daytime touchups. The fair/cool color is a good match for my PPP skin, and it isn't chalky or powdery looking. It also covers pretty well for a powder. Will keep my my purse for daily touchups at work, and may very well repurchase when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2009 6:44:00 PM More reviews by elsamarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was another step in my journey to find the perfect powder foundation without spending an arm and a leg. I felt that it was nicely packaged and has a good sized mirror in the compact. Light Medium Warm was a good color match for my C3/NC25 skin. It gives very good coverage with a velvety powder finish whether it's applied with a kabuki brush or a sponge and looks great for about an hour.

I generally don't have oily skin but my skin starts to look oily after an hour after applying this. A touch up works fine. However, after one or two touch ups my skin looks atrocious at the end of the day. My skin just looks...icky and I can't wait to wash it off. It has also caused breakouts along my hair line and those big cyst-like pimples on my chin just like Studio Fix. This is with daily face cleaning everyday before bed. That's definitely a deal breaker for me.

So I guess I'll have to go crawling back to Clinique Perfectly Real liquid with my tail between my legs. Gawwwwwd, I hate liquid!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 10:04:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

Adore! I love powder foundation and I've tried quite a few, from drugstore to high end. This is exactly what I'm looking for. The color was perfect, 03 Light/Warm. The coverage was awesome, and yes, yes, yes it didn't look chalky! Both Maybelline's and Cover Girl's made me look like I had wiped my face across a chalkboard. The finish is kinda matte but not overly so. It doesn't contain SPF, to my knowledge, which is sort of dissappointing. But the price on this is pretty darn reasonable and the packaging is very luxe and of great quality. Would repurchase any day!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2008 11:35:00 AM More reviews by SheaAvril6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love powder foundation, and this wasn't that expensive, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Needless to say, I returned it the next day. After less than an hour the color had changed on my skin and I looked like an oompa loompa. It did nothing to control oil on my skin and I was super shiny, super fast. It was so bad, I had to wash it off my face so I wouldn't be seen in public looking like that. I hate giving a bad review, but this just did not work out for me, and if you have oily skin, I wouldn't recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2007 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Kristie32

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this in Fair/Cool to wear over the liquid foundation.
It is velvety smooth and looks great!
I will buy again!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2007 10:44:00 PM More reviews by sjsharkslover

I like this to carry around when I am worried about losing my better or more expensive makeup it is made by estee lauder so it is a good product. I especially like on the airplane since when I check my luggage my makeup disappears (EVERYTIME!) and when I carry it on it ends up getting smashed as the overhead compartments become so jammed packed. I just wish that it could be used wet for a little heavier coverage.
Flirt=MAC
American beauty=Estee Lauder
Grassroots=Origins
Good Skin=Clinique

all of the above are owned by Estee Lauder and in the stock holder options book it equivilated the lines as above. EL went into Kohl's so they could capture a larger market share of those areas that do not have other department stores.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2007 11:54:00 AM More reviews by lele118

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a MAC girl, but there is a problem with this dedication; I live 90 miles from the closet MAC counter. Color adjustments; require a visit to the store. This summer when I was in a pinch for a slightly darker powder I started my search locally.

I found the American Beauty products by chance. Color selection was easy and quality is very close to MAC. I use a brush to apply my powders and the coverage was very good, natural and stayed all day without touch-ups or separation. The real test is when applied on top of sunscreen. This product passed with flying colors.

The case is quality too. Rectangular, with a full mirror and small sponge.

Also, I have very sensitive skin and this product did not cause problems.

By the way, this is a Estee Lauder product. If you like Estee Lauder than you will like this product. Difference is; it is just less expensive.