Clinique Makeup Brush Cleanser

4.6

water/aqua/eau- alcohol dent. sodium trideceth sulfate. disodium lauroamphodicetate-hydrolyzed wheat protein. hexylene glycol. cetrimonium chloride. triclosan. red 33. blue 1 (not sure if this is complete)

on 3/22/2015 9:56:00 AM

Omg I love this brush cleanser! I was giving up on my brushes. The two brush cleanser I bought from Sephora we're not working and my brushes were dirty, sticky, oily, and getting hard from the build up.i used this cleanser and they are like new! The only reason I didn't give it 5 lipsticks is because the liquid melted the pain off of one of my Sephora brushes 😱, crazy stuff, but it left the bristles like new lol. It smells good too, no weird smells. I will definitely continue buying it

on 12/22/2014 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is the first time I tried anything other than shampoo or dish-washing liquid to wash my make-up brushes. And I would not wash my brushes as often as needed due to having to wait for them to dry. This cleanser allows my to dry-wash my brushes quickly and effectively, so now I wash them at least weekly. It also works well for deep-cleaning my brushes with water. I'll definitely purchase it again.

on 7/17/2012 1:56:00 PM

Love it! I use it to clean my brushes religiously, I've got a mix of eco tools and E.L.F. brushes. Every Sunday I clean them all down by spraying and then washing under an open tap. I haven't tried it without the water.

The lady who sold it to me had used it once by accident (it was stock not demonstration piece) so knocked off a fiver, but it was in perfectly good condition anyway.

on 5/31/2012 12:14:00 PM

Best cleaner I have used. Can be used without water for a quick change - just spritz, massage and towel dry. But I love this best for deep cleaning my brushes. Before I purchased I would not clean my brushes as often as I should. Most cleaners are too sudsy and it seemed to take forever to rinse out so they were clean. Also they did not dry as soft or retain their shape as well as with this one. To clean I cup my palm and spritz into my hand rather than directly on the brush and then I dip the brush into my hand and gently massage, then rinse clean. I find my powder and foundation brush sometimes need a repeat. This stuff really gets the brushes clean though. My MAC 217 is just as white after this as when I purchased.

on 4/12/2012 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love the fact that this is a spray.
I dont see how you dont use water with this though...I always rinse with water.
It is a good cleanser but wont get out the more stubborn stains from light bristles. For that you could use an oil (DHC, Fancl, Mac, etc).
I wish it were more easily accessible for me to buy, but I tend to keep the bottle and filled Mac's brush cleanser into it and it is great.

on 9/1/2011 3:30:00 PM

Works okay, not amazing, but does the job...some people say they use w/o water...I find that I have to use water to get my brushes super clean (I use mac, bareminerals and ecotools brushes)

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I love this so much I went about this today just on whim. When went to test it out for the 1st time It left my month open!!! I mean it got my brushes so clean I had to try it on all of my others too!! I'm so happy with this product it didn't take all that rubbing to get it clean either. I was so happy I can't wait to use it again.I also LOVE that it's a spray too!! you don't need alot either 3 at the most.

on 2/19/2011 6:41:00 AM

Good cleanser for my brushes. This, compared to MAC's similar brush cleanser, comes in a spraybottle so even though it's a little more expensive it makes cleansing a lot simpler. I find one saves a lot of product with this in a spraybottle.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I was really impressed with this product! I cleaned my brushes with it, which hadn't been cleaned in a very long time. It just took a few squirts, I had to run the cleaner through the bristles and then rinse the brushes in water. It cleaned everything out and my brushes dried nice and fluffy! I anticipate that this bottle will last me a very long time. It only took a few squirts to clean each brush. I will definitely repurchase when I run out!

on 1/5/2011 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The Clinique makeup brush cleanser works like magic! I was going to buy the Mac one, but I saw this on the Sephora website and read the MUA reviews for it, which were better than the reviews for the Mac brush cleanser. Because of that, I bought this instead and I'm so glad I did. I just spray it on the brush as instructed, run my hands through the bristles for about 20 seconds, and rinse with water. That's it! All the makeup and dirt on the brush just flushes down the drain, leaving the brush soft and clean. I like that this actually has a spray! It's so convenient. I'll definitely repurchase.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools