September 19, 2014 | 1749 users online

Blush - NARS - Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by charmaineloves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love this color. It's a bright coral with golden shimmers, which looks beautiful on my NC 25 skin tone. It's highly pigmented but if you're careful with the amount you use you can achieve a beautiful healthy glow. It's fairly expensive and the packaging is not the best, but I'll still pay for this because it's such great quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by starsue1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is my first creme blush by NARS after reading so many positive comments from so many bloggers. it lives up to my expectation! it's a cream to powder blush and don't feel sticky on the skin at all..unlike my Bobbi Brown Cream Blush Stick.
    this is a very gorgeous color for ladies with NC40/42 skin color. the color is 'delicate shimmering poppy' as described in the official website. it is a coral color with gold flecks. don't be intimidated by the color in the pan. it transfers beautifully on the skin and diffuses a very healthy glow. the shimmers are very subtle and you won't be looking like a disco ball. i pair this with MAC Lady at Play and the result is stunning.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 8:33:00 AM More reviews by curlywurly100

Cactus Flower is a pinky coral red shade with obvious golden shimmer throughout. in the pan it looks a little intimidating, but this can be blended out from a near-to-nothing flush, to a beautiful radiant wash of colour. when you swatch this on your hand, the golden shimmers can look a little fat and awkward, but on the face, it doesn't translate that way. it all just looks very glowy.
    i like to apply this with my fingers, and recently, i have just learned a trick, to apply this over foundation, before the foundation has completely set. that way you can blend Cactus Flower to entire evenness and also you can really build it up.
    i have fair medium, combination to oily skin, and this has never made me look oily. especially if i powder my skin afterwards. but it is shimmery, so if you only wear matte blushes, maybe this won't be for you.
    i have owned this for 5 months, use it daily, and i haven't even hit pan! because it's such a well-pigmented product, you use so little, so this is truly a great investment. Cactus Flower is definitely a top product for me. it adds such an incredible glow to my face and an instant vibrancy, especially when i don't look particularly vibrant to begin with!
    would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Amandine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There’s not much I can say about Cactus Flower that hasn’t already been stated in a review. It’s a corally red crème blush with gold shimmer. I own almost every NARS blush that’s ever come out and this is in my top 5.

Not sure if it’s been reformulated or if its bc I’m a GGG and my tan skin devours pigment, but I don’t get the disco ball of glitter from this blush. On my skin, it wears as a slight hint of gold shimmer that adds to the dimension and beachiness of the color. I did buy this the month it came out years and years ago, so its possible the formula has changed.

Tips: It’s my main blush in the summer. I apply moisturizer and sunscreen first. While my cheeks are still dewy, I apply the blush to get a smoother application and better blending. To apply, I sweep the fingertip of my ring finger across the surface of the blush. Then I rub it against the same finger of my opposite hand to warm up the crème and equally distribute the color. That helps the blush glide on and ensures that one cheek isn’t brighter than the other.

This is a pigmented blush, so a dab will take care of both cheeks. Start with less than you think you need. I tap my fingers lightly on my cheeks twice and that’s usually enough color. Then I use my pointer and middle fingers to blend the dots of blush into my moisturizer.

If I have a lot of blush left on my ring finger, I’ll pat it on my eye lids or blend it into my lip balm.

Product comments: I think I've had this for about 5 years and still haven't hit pan yet. It will absolutely last for ages. It also wears all day for me, although I like to touch up if I'm going out after work. I think a stronger blush in the summer is a great dressy look when the rest of your makeup is really natural. I would absolutely repurchase if I ever used this up or lost it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Dbeech

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love cactus flower. I have been using this color about 5 years. The color looks shockingly bright in the pan, but once applied, the color is really beautiful with very slight shimmer. I do have one huge complaint. On the last two blushes I have purchased, the top of the case has separated from the hinges after about 20 uses. Very annoying as is big mess when the top comes off in my make up bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by deanna424

Very pretty light red cream blush with glitter. I thought it would be too much for my nw15 skin but applied lightly it looks very natural and gives me a healthy glow with some shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Blackdoll24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Lovely colour which gives me a summer glow, great for black skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 2:59:00 AM More reviews by alextuthreefour

Oh what a beaut! this blush is a pinky red with gold shimmer throughout. Super blendable and makes you glow!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by cjpramix

Cactus flower is a pretty coral shade with lovely gold shimmer! This goes so nice with my fair skin, perfect for daytime. Frankly, i dont use it as often as my other Nars powder blushes coz i find it a bit taxing to use my fingers instead of a brush (im OC about this and wash my hands before). But the color is so pretty and refreshing. The staying power is good too. Lasts me morning to afternoon. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This blush is just so gorgeous! The colour in the pan looks fairly scary, but on me it is a pretty pink glow, very girly! I am NC30/C4 if that helps. The texture is a dream, it blends so easily and isnt greasy at all! I normally steer well clear of cream blushes as I have had a bad time with them (Mac, Bobbi Brown, Stila) but this one is superb quality. The lasting power is great, it lasted until I washed it off. I have noticed a lot of people complaining about the glitter. The gold glitter isnt overly noticeable I dont think, it just makes the colour look slightly shimmery on me. Maybe it shows up different depending on your skin type? Overall this is a fantastic and very unique colour, worth owning for sure!