April 24, 2014 | 1876 users online

Powder - Anna Sui - Anna Sui Compact Powdery Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by starrystarzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I dunno what is the rave about this brand. The coverage of the foundation is too thick for me. I look fake. The coverage is slightly more than Shiseido's powder foundation. And lastly, it broke me out pretty bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by wieniawski

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought it just so that I will have something to put into my anna sui powder cases, it sorta leaves flakes on my face sometimes, but then some other times it's blend in quite well and brigthen up my face pretty well. (I got the shade 200)

I love the cases (I collect them!) much better than the refill...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2008 7:12:00 PM More reviews by vyxxyn

I've been using this for some years until I found a better compact by Chanel. The reasons I switched were because it cakes when I perspire and gave me a blotchy look. I had a job that required traveling outdoors for a while and this blotchy look it gave really annoyed me. Also the shade I always bought was often out of stock, especially at times I needed most. Chanel's powder compact has a sheer finish, does not thicken with perspiration and looks totally natural on me. As for packaging, I dropped the Anna Sui compact once and it broke at the joint. The purple sponge needs frequent cleaning which is a pain in humid climates because the strange flock material doesn't dry properly at the core.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2007 10:45:00 PM More reviews by swtxdreams

Anna Sui compact powdery foundation is the best! It really covers up all red/brown spots seamlessly.
I don't get pimples often so I just need something to make my skin look smooth and flawless.
This foundation does the job better than Shiseido (which is too cakey).
I just wish it was sold in more places....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 4:50:00 PM More reviews by darlingbabygirl

I love the packaging. I got it in Dolly Girl, which is an limited edition and it looks so chic. The foundation powder itself provides a good coverage. It does not flake at all. I love wearing this foundation powder in University when I have early classes. A few puffs on my face and I look alive and fresh. Foundations just takes too much time for me so this product is a must have if you are a zombie like me at night who loves a little more sleep in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2007 10:22:00 AM More reviews by guepard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just love this stuff for its ease of use and buildable ,matte coverage. I'm a nc20, 40 yr, combo skin. I've been using p04. It covers all my major imperfections--broken ,red capillaries and age spots. I just put on lots of sunscreen(la roche posay spf 60) and pat this powder on top. I don't need cover up or anything else. It is very matte. So, if you prefer foundations with more satiny or shiny finishes, this one will not work for you. As I get more tanned, I'm going to try p05 and maybe b02.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2006 1:19:00 AM More reviews by tegaladwen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The compact is really gorgeous, but it broke easily when it accidentally dropped. The sponge is awful! It absorbs the foundation already on your face and makes it look really streaky and cakey. I didn't like the powder much either, it was way too drying for my skin, and accentuated/made new flakes. If I could find another type of powder to fit inside the compact, as well as a sponge, I would give this another lippie. Maybe.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2006 2:40:00 PM More reviews by qnvicki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm a dark-skinned asian, and its always difficult to find powder/foundation that looks blends with my skin tone. I'm using 3F...it blends evenly and makes me look flawless! Medium coverage and I think its good for normal to oily skin, it doesn't make me break out. People can't even tell that I have makeup on...its really that natural. I can wear it throughout the day without needing to apply often. Comes with a beautiful case as well. Would definitely purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2005 9:26:00 AM More reviews by fag_hag

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loooovvvvve this powder. Was kinda iffy about getting this together with the cute black compact with the rose on it. Wanted to road test it first if it was okay so I just got the 'refill' pan. And it works great. What I like about it is it's an absolute dream to blend, not chalky or powdery on my face, and covers up all those pesky pores like a dream. It's really more of a foundation than powder so the name is really accurate. On my oily skin, I didn't have any problems breaking out. I do have to reapply around mid-day because I'm extremely oily. I've use up 90% of the pan and would like to get the black rose compact. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2005 7:04:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The name says it all, it's a powdery foundation to be sure. I LOVE the compact & puff though, so much that I bought those separately for use with other powders, however, this particular powder itself was way too dry, chalky & yes, powdery. Perfect for that uber pale matte goth look if you're going for that, or if you have young and/or more normal skin than I. It made my combo skin (dry cheeks) look that much more so, not good. The shade I had (the lightest one, as usual, for my PPP NC15 skin) was a good match & didn't oxidize later. In fact, I probably could have even gone to the next shade, if not for the overwhelming powdery-ness and rose scent I wasn't wild about. It has decent coverage and was easy to apply & blend for the most part, but I didn't wear it long enough to see if it broke me out, which I was expecting due to the fragrance.