Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Shine 12 Rose Aqua

on 5/13/2008 3:15:00 PM

The texture of the lipstick is terrible, it feels like sand going on my lips. Very gritty. Then, it has a strange blueish tone to it. It also has a bit too much sparkle, shimmer for my taste. The color itself is not too bad, if not for the shimmer, gritty texture.

I bought this based on the Charla Krupp recommendation. Chanel Waikiki is a much lovelier lipstick.

**ETA I have been wearing this for a few days and I have changed my mind, it is a nice lipstick. From up close it has a lot of shimmer, but from a distance, it looks very pretty and natural, I am adding lippies. This lipstick looks gorgeous with L'Oreal Colour Riche gloss in Soft Pink.

I LOVE THIS COLOR !!!

the glossy pink with blue/purple shimmer is so beautiful. people always ask me which lipstick i wear.

smells like lollipop :-)

my HG ! lipstick

ps : i love the golden unique click-out ysl packaging

i already bought 3-4 lipsticks of this colour !

EDIT 27-08-2008 :

bough the next of it ♥ STILL love it ... really cool and not too gritty if you use some Chapstick right before.

on 5/11/2006 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

If MAC lipglasses had a lipstick sister (with exactly the same kind of shimmer&flecks in 'em),this would be it.I had this after I had a makeover at my YSL counter last weekend.I tried almost any lipstick shades they got and as you can guess they had a lot! I spent almost 30-45 minutes to find the perfect shade and formula.I chose this because the color is really unique and it flatters my coloring pretty well.The color is a muted rosy pale pink with aqua (read the name again),pink and golden flecks in it.Very shimmery yet very natural.It's AWESOME with smokey eye make up!I totally love it,and the case is soooo beautiful.I'm very pleased with my purchase!

on 1/20/2006 9:36:00 AM

I love the weight and texture of this sheer lipstick. The makeup artist was prepping my face for a night out and had about 3 other things on my lips when she applied this but I could feel the difference right away. Faint watermelon scent and smooth, sheer color, this is a winner. Plus the packaging looks fabulous when you pull it out of your purse! I'll be buying this in more colors.

on 11/27/2005 12:44:00 PM

I don't think I've ever come across a lipcolor like this before. It's essentially a pale peachy nude rose, very sheer, with striking blue flecks that may appear frosty on lips. I don't wear it too well on its own (me: neutral PPP, blue eyes, brown hair), but it's really terrific for layering over other lipsticks to give them a bit of cool bluish luster, to make them more vibrant or less warm. It has this extremely soft texture that melts instantly with body heat; it's sheer and glossy, smells like peaches and tastes sweet. Two complaints from me... The elaborate gold packaging is simply too much and I've never been into bling. But the bigger complaint, which cost this lippy a lippy, would be that the shimmer does make the stick coarse, even though it doesn't feel grainy later on lips. While this is easy to fix just wipe the surface with a tissue before application I think too much of the expensive product goes to waste if you do it every time.

This is a beautiful colour of lispick that goes with everything! I have read all about the blue particles in it but it seems to look beautiful on me! The packaging is absolutely faboulous, probably the best YSL packaging ever! The lipstick has SPF15 which is brilliant and is moisturising for the lips. The only disadvantage is that this lipstick gives a glossy finish and therefore has little staying power. I can do with re-applying if it looks so nice! Will buy this colour again and i m planning of buying No.9 - Golden violet and No.10 -Venus rose.

on 6/6/2005 9:44:00 PM

Well, it looks pretty and the color is nice, however, there is lots of blue-ish glitter (aka, "light reflecting particles" according the MA) that feel gritty and look a little freaky in my opinion.
Also, I dislike the chunky packaging. Wouldn't buy this shade again, but others are nice.

on 5/16/2005 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First of all the formula is ultra-lightweight and shiny (love that), with a sweet smell and taste that's not too OTT. Packaging is gorgeous. This #12 shade had such an impressive write up in the June '05 issue of Lucky, that I ordered one right away. The article described the color as "a chic, gorgeous pinkish-mauve shade". Well, that is only partially true. What the author failed to mention is that the base color is indeed a pinkish-mauve, but with A TON of irridescent blue-violet shimmer particles added in!! There is so much irridescent shimmer that I simply looked like I was wearing neon violet glitter on my lips....you could not even see the pinkish-mauve base color underneath. Worse yet, when I wiped it off the shimmer particles stick like glue! Terrible!!

This is the new lipstick line from YSL. Its replacing the transparency line from YSL. #12 is a light rose with multi coloured violet and pink shimmer to it. But the shimmers arent chunky on the lips. Its a beautiful shade.

Popular Lipsticks