Vera Wang Sheer Veil

3.9

on 9/24/2011 12:23:00 PM

It's a good, pleasant floral. Very simple, not too complex, and light. I find it very wearable, but not very remarkable, and it will probably end up being one of my go-to spring fragrances. Sephora says the notes are: Champagne Rose, Lavender Dream Rose, Violet, White Stephanotis, Gardenia, White Lily. Sometimes when I'm wearing it I catch the gardenia note, which is my fav part of this fragrance. Very nice.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought because of all the reviews of it being light and fresh, which is what I like. I bought it unsniffed and it really is a lovely floral fragrance. When I first spray it I just love sniffing my wrist because it smells so darn good. It doesn't really develop though. On me, it kind of just stays the same, which is okay I guess. I agree with the previous poster...staying power is about average to me. The bottle is beautiful and well made though and the light lavender color of the perfume looks really pretty. I really like this one. It is perfect for summer or spring and would make a great wedding fragrance, because it smells like what you would expect a wedding bouquet to smells like or like an English garden after a spring rainstorm.

on 3/26/2011 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Have considered buying Sheer Veil on and off for a while. Of course, once I went to go and smell it again I discovered that it was nowhere to be found in my city (in Canada). Went on vacation in the US last week and what did I find? Sheer Veil, on sale for $39.99 (large bottle!) at Marshall's! :D

I'm not good at describing notes, but it is a beautiful floral to me. I had my co-worker smell it and she really liked it too (I wore it to work every day this week!). I've read lots of reviews complaining about the scent's lasting power but I think it's "average". The bottle itself is a bit awkward to spray because it's large, but is absolutely GORGEOUS to look at!

on 2/9/2011 7:54:00 PM

You really get what you pay for with Vera Wang's perfumes. It is really heavy bottle, simple but yet crafted so elegantly. This fragrance is a very light but sharp floral. There is a tartness that I am not too sure what the ingredient is. This smells very similar to Alfred sung's Shi. It smells aquatic to me. I think of Spring when i smell this.

on 4/16/2010 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really love this perfume. It's really light on my skin and makes me think of Spring. It has such a light and feminine touch. The only con about the product is that the scent doesn't last for too long. If I purposely put my nose onto my wrist and smell it, then I can smell it.

on 7/25/2009 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My fiance gave me this as a present during our engagement party a month back (hee) because he knew how much I love Vera Wang's perfume creations in general. While I am not a fan of floral scents I love this one because its light and very subtle. I totally agree with what everyone else is saying - it's a very "safe" fragrance. I usually dab a little on my wrists and the areas behind my neck and I'm good to go. I like this. Not as much as Princess, but nonetheless this gets a thumbs-up too. ;)

on 2/25/2009 10:10:00 PM

I love this perfume! the smell is wonderful and light. it's my favorite!

on 12/29/2008 7:43:00 PM

A friend got this for me as a gift. I normally don't wear perfume - everything seems so *strong* smelling. She said she asked the salesperson for the least-perfume-smelling-perfume she had and this was it. :-) It has a nice, soft scent. Someone used the term "safe" to describe it and I agree. Not much bolder than a soap or a pleasant shampoo smell.

on 9/8/2008 6:38:00 PM

This one has grown on me. I've had a sample vial for quite awhile. I actually wore it quite a bit a year ago summer. My first reaction was, like someone else said, that it smelled a bit like bug spray, but I somehow got past that (I think it's actually the lavender) and now would purchase this if I could maybe get it during one of those Ulta sales where everything is 20% off. What I like about it is that it is very versatile, very safe and feminine. Unlike most perfumes, I can't think of anywhere or any occasion that this would not work. It would never offend. It's not "too" anything. That may be damning with faint praise, but I still think this one deserves a place in my collection. When I don't have time to figure out what would work best, I could always grab this and spray away.

on 4/29/2008 6:11:00 PM

Ugh... I got a sample of this and I'm SO glad that I didn't pay for it! I liked the original VW fragrance, so I thought that I'd give this a shot.

It's quite a powerful floral... and honestly, my first impression of it was, "WOW! That kind of smells like lilac mixed with bug spray!" As I wore it, the scent stayed heavily floral and then reminded me of the hair spray I used in high school--I think it was Finesse. It's not a *bad* scent--just very heavily floral.

Maybe it's my body chemistry, because a) I can't believe that Vera Wang would put her name on something that smells like hair spray and b) a friend of mine wears this all of the time and it does smell nice on her.

Obviously this was a no-purchase for me. I'll stick with the original VW.

Popular Fragrances