November 24, 2014 | 1617 users online

Powder - Shu Uemura - colorless

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2011 10:25:00 AM More reviews by stargal

I like the packaging. It is medium size and the cap is very secure. I don't use the puff which comes with the loose powder. I use a brush. The powder glides easily on my skin. Although the powder is supposed to be transparent, I think it looks a bit on the fair side. The powder is fragrance free. It does not have any noticeable scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Mashmash

My favourite!. Excellent on top of sunscreen for a no-makeup day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 5:13:00 PM More reviews by dazedxgrrl

Amazing powder! It is definitely colorless as the name states, and it's exactly what I've been looking for. I always tend to go for translucent powders, and they all end up too yellow on me. This powder is very finely milled and doesn't cake up at all. The only other powder I would ever rate a 5 is my beloved La Mer translucent powder. This powder leaves me matte, and does a great job at controlling my oily t-zone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2008 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Lk21

I brought this a month ago, since I the MAC blot loose powder that I was previously using was a little too matte, and fake looking on my skin, and way too obvious! It also had given me breakouts, hence why I decided to try this one out.
The packaging itself is very clean; once opened, it comes with a puff , and there are no holes that separate the puff from the powder, but rather a mesh fabric that lets out powder, little at a time[ you just pat it with the puff] . I personally just turn the container upside down, let it catch onto the back of the top, then use my MAC 187 brush to swirl it around and apply it on my face, after foundation.

It has a nice minty smell to it, that isnt too harsh or strong for your face. It leaves my skin matte, but not fake looking, but rather very natural. I love the look it gives my skin.

Since I use the colorless one, it doesn't give me a color obviously, and leaves my skin looking very natural. You can have the lightest or darkest complexion, and this colorless shade will work well for you, trust me!

I highly recommend this for anyone looking for a finishing loose powder, that looks both natural and makes your skin look flawless, and not to mention keep your foundation on all day [and night].

Hope this helps! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2006 2:22:00 PM More reviews by chubbieeprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this sheer powder and have been using it everyday for years! I have very dry yet shiny skin, and this powder glides on beautifully without drying my skin and without any caking whatsoever. It provides this beautiful soft look without glow. It works on all skin tones and there's never any problem of seeing "white powder". I wouldn't advise using the provided puff as it will look too thick ~ I use a large natural squirrel hair brush and I get beautiful results! Will definitely repurchase (plus you can get a small travel-size container if you think it's too big).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2005 11:41:00 PM More reviews by LadyBull

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Best loose powder I've ever used! It is sooo finely milled that it disappears on my skin! Makes my skin look great! It has a screw top & a mesh screen w/ a nice puff that I like using to set my foundation. Really a nice product. Definitely HG status & I will be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2005 3:56:00 PM More reviews by nlam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this translucent loose powder has been a mainstay for years. i have it in a clear plastic canister with a black screw-top. i think it came with a puff, but instead i use the shu uemura b20 brush to apply in the mornings. it's weightless and imparts a really natural, flawless look. i have medium asian skin, but really anyone could wear this. no worries about clumping or streaking, and it's fairly odor-neutral, which i like. has never caused a breakout for me. you don't need to use a lot. the only downside: not convenient for travel in this canister, as the powder gets shaken into the top and then is extremely difficult to get back into the bottom compartment!
update: have been using this HG powder for about 10 years. still love it.