November 24, 2014 | 1984 users online

Blush - Laura Mercier - Apricot Face Tint

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by candicenicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this product as a gift and I loved it for spring! It is a really pretty color but you have to be careful as a ton of product comes out when you only need very little to get the point across. My main complaint is the packaging. I would repurchase if it weren't so expensive. The color is great for fair skin and would even compliment a tanner face tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 10:07:00 PM More reviews by songy67

I managed to snag this gem for $6 on eBay. It yields an absolutely gorgeous flush on my NC20 skin and I am hooked. As others have mentioned though, it can be a bit difficult to work with since the holes in the sifter are gigantic and you definitely don't need that much of this super-pigmented product. I saved the clear sticker from a Maybelline Mineral Illuminator (which was horrible btw), place it over all the holes, then took a safety pin and punched only a few to the extent that I needed. I could have punched holes in the original white sticker it came with, but I didn't realize the sifter would be such an issue until after the fact. Anyway -- the color is an intensely bright pinky-coral that intimidated me at first. But loading up my Eco-tools blush brush with a small amount and tapping the brush against my cheek gently, I can get the perfect application and color. It's gorgeous. It instantly makes my complexion glow and brightens up my face without looking garish. Lasts all day too; doesn't fade like some other blushes do. Spring, summer, fall, winter -- this is a blush I would say works for all seasons in the year. And the generous 9.3g jar is going to last me many years to come.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by mininana

I got this in a swap and OMG the color is awesome!!! It's a bit dark for my fair skin BUT definitely doable!! I just need to be careful and use VERY little product or else I'll look like I overdid the blush. Color is a pretty peach and it makes my face look very healthy!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a really nice coral color that perks up my nw 20 skintone without looking muddy like more brownish colors do. It does not have any irritating ingrediences for my skin, but it does not stay on specially long time if I apply it on powdered face. It is easy to layer and adjust the color. EDIT: This feels horribly drying on the skin every time I put it on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 9:37:00 AM More reviews by belletrist9

Apricot Face Tint is a loose powder blush. It's not exactly apricot... it's more a coral color (it's decidedly pinker than MAC Nuance, which I consider apricot). It is a gorgeously natural looking neutral-to-warm blush on my ~NC30-35 skintone. It gives me that just-come-in-from-the-cold look.

The texture of this blush is very nice though I can see some people having trouble with it. The blush itself is pigmented, but since it is loose, it is a little hard to work with. I use the Ecotools small blush (or powder) brush which comes in the mineral set for this, since it's much floofier and softer than the full size. I can definitely see someone having trouble getting this blush to work if they used a denser/harder brush. I blend out with the f/s powder brush. Wear time is great for me (I use DDF Organic Sun Protection as a primer), though I do think it fades slightly more than my pressed blushes (easily lasts 8+ hours on me though).

The jar that it comes in is pretty messy. I had to tape over 2/3 of the holes and am seriously consider taping over all but one (especially since I store the blush on its side to save space rather than on it's bottom). You get a HUGE amount of product in the jar though, and I quite honestly expect that it'll last me forever. I did say that I would buy again since I am quite happy with the blush, but if I could find something of the same color pressed... I would probably be more likely to buy that in the future. I would give this a 4.5 if I could.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by veirs

I rarely ever purchase costly makeup without the wise words of MUA, but I got this on a (very costly) birthday celebratory whim. When it was gently swabbed onto my cheeks, I realized how clownish my previously pink powder and red liquid blushes had looked. I didn't see it and say "Oh, what a pretty color!" I saw it and said, "...I look nice."

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2009 7:19:00 AM More reviews by misz93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this stuff is dc'ed already. i got it when the LM SA ordered it with her stuff card & she sell it for me $5 cheaper than the original price lol.

Pros: very blendable, make your cheeks glow beautifully, very pigmented & good staying power as well. the powder is very finely-milled.

Cons: i hate the packaging honestly,it's a hassle for me to pour the powder carefully through the many little holes.. how i wish this blush is in pressed powder form.

Price: it's about $29 USD IIRC, very reasonable IMO with the amount you get. you get 10g & it will take forever to finish this.

Packaging: in a large & quite bulky jar with sifter.. it has 'Laura Mercier' written on the side of the lid.

Color: well, the name says it all,apricot. it's a peach-pink coral,i would say.

Application: i apply this with my MAC 168. i dab the brush on the lid, then tap off the excess & apply on the cheeks,continue with buffing so it will look natural. ♥

UPDATE: i prefer NARS Gilda over LM Apricot tint.. stays on longer & not as messy..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2009 4:55:00 AM More reviews by bloom290

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

This gives a healthy, peachy-coral flush to my very fair cheeks, blending into the skin to give a seemless and natural flush. I suspect it will work well for every skin tone. While it has become my favorite blush, I do wish it lasted a bit longer. This is potent, so apply lightly--too much of a good thing...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by UrbanHibiscus

Nice, corally pink that livened up my olive skin. I used to use it almost daily but the packaging is a hassle -- it spills every where and the lid isn't tight enough or something. But it's a great matte shade, that you can use w/ highlighter or bronzer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2008 8:49:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

This is packaged like many other mineral products, loose, in a small jar, with a sifter. So, the first thing I did was repackage it so as to use it the way I like to use loose powder colors. (See my notepad.) This powder is soft and silky, and much more sheer than you might expect. It is a bright gerbera daisy coral in the jar, which buffs to a soft apricot-coral on the face. It has some shimmer, but does not "read" shimmery on the skin. Highly pigmented, the color lasts and lasts. I am an NW15-20. This is a lovely warm shade for summer skin, and gives depth to the color achieved with my self tanner.