December 20, 2014 | 1021 users online

Toners - Garnier - Soft gentle toner

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 3:15:00 AM More reviews by doe_eyed_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This toner was good and did soothe my skin when I had problems with acne. BUT I went on Roaccutane (acne meds that dries up your oil glands) and tries using this again. IT BURNED my skin! Red, painful and far too tight... Sigh.... :'((

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by courtneyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is great for sensitive/dry skin! Smells lovely too and is good value for money. Only downside is the packaging, I feel like I waste a lot of the product, perhaps a spray would be better. Continuing to repurchase as this along with the matching cleanser and moisturizer are the only products which seem to have really helped my dry skin, especially through the colder months!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by razzledooda

This is great value for money. It's very reasonably priced. It smells good, is gentle, doesn't irritate the skin or eyes. Can't really fault it. It doesn't do anything amazing for my skin, but it's my toner of choice when on a budget. The cleanser version of this is also excellent. Often on sale in Superdrug. Worth buying. Given 3 lippies because I prefer the Lancaster softening toner.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2011 3:59:00 AM More reviews by soveryartistic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I purchased this toner when I noticed that my super oily skin got irritated and dry from acne medication I've been using on my face; for several days I skipped washing my face with face wash at night. I removed my make up with make-up remover, then washed my face with water and then used the toner to remove any residue, then put on moisturizer. The toner helped to keep my skin clean and fresh and didn't cause any breakouts. Several days of this routine and my dry flakes went away, and they were real bad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This toner is a must have for me. I had to try many different toners before finding this one but now I never stray from it. I went and tried a Nivea one for a little while but I seriously wish I hadn't wasted my time because this little one is truly wonderful for my skin. Its great because my skin is very dry and at times sensitive so it made it feel soft and smooth and really refreshed, as well as taking off any last bits of make up after I had finished my make up removal. Its a basic staple in my routine and I defintely would buy over and over again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by cepauloar

I really liked this toner but I'm so mad that I can't find it again! It was on sale so it was really cheap. I have combination skin but I have to use a toner for dry/sensitive skin because all others can sometimes leave my skin feeling too dry. This one was gentler than my everyday toner (Nivea for normal/combination skin) and therefore I liked it a lot. And I actually did like the rosy smell. I would definitely buy again and recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2009 1:58:00 PM More reviews by danai

To be honest, I haven't noticed much of a difference to my skin since using this toner. But I also have to add, I don't religiously use it every day. I use it when I feel the need to somehow refresh my skin without washing it, or after washing, before my moisturizer, if my skin looks extra dull.
This is a very reasonably priced, simple toner, which smells of freshness and roses. It's a lovely pick-me-up and feels extremely refreshing and cooling to the skin. It's nice to keep around, as a quick simple way to perk up skin that looks dull or needs a bit of extra cleansing, plus very affordable, so if I run out I'll probably rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 7:44:00 PM More reviews by RoxieFoxie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I have bought this toner in the UK , and as someone below said ... the toner is called Garnier Clean & soft , in a pink bottle.

I have been using this on and off for the past 3 years , as I can also find it in my country, so it's convenient for me.

It's very mild and considering it doesnt have alcohol in it , that's a big plus for people with dry skin like mine.

It does leave my face clean , soft and fresh , after taking all my make-up off. The big plus is that it doesnt dry you out as it's especially made for people with dry & sensitive skin. Perfect because it doesnt react negatively with your natural PH balance .

I love the subtle rose smell of the toner. Definitely my fav. toner!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2008 10:05:00 AM More reviews by punkelikat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I haven't actually tried so many toners, and I still don't really think I need them for something, but I really like this one. It looks pink in the bottle but comes out as a clear, lovely smelling liquid. When I use this in the morning I wash my face with warm water, then pour this on a cotton pad and runs it around in my face, then day cream. On the night I do the same but with cleanser and night cream.
I don't think toners does so much for my skin, but I've actually had very good skin since I started using this and Lumene Tender Drops night cream, with less pimples and less dryness. I can't say this is utterly moisturizing, but my skin feels clean and calm after using it. Would by again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2008 8:22:00 PM More reviews by elmyras

I am in the UK and the Garnier toner I have is call Clean and Soft. I am pretty sure it is the same one as it also contains essence of rose and is in a pink see through bottle.

This toner is exceptional. It cleans, soothes and softens. When I am too tired or lazy to use moisturiser, I run this over my face (after cleansing) with a cotton pad and am assured in the knowledge that this toner will have things covered until I can be bothered to moisturise.

I have used expensive toners from Clarins and L'occitane. Both good but the price vs performance just couldn't be justified. This toner is very affordable and blows the pricey competition out of the water.

It's just pure madness that other brands are charging a bomb for their toners when there exists this little gem for a fraction of the price.