April 21, 2014 | 1454 users online

Lipstick - Cargo - Celebrity Lipstick

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2008 12:53:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Lola which is a nude colour with pink tones. I find the colour to be okay (there are other nude colours that are better) but I find that it is very drying. My lips get chapped and flaky upon using this lipstick. Also, I have to keep applying it every hour or so because my lips get extrmely dried out (by using this), is not long lasting, and the colour gets blotchy. I wouldn't buy this again. Also, the colour selection in the Cargo line is not the greatest. Their regular lipstick line was much better (i own Val D'or which was amazing overall - long lasting, smooth, moisturizing, etc). Now, since they've discontinued their regular lipstick line (I think), I find it really difficult to find a lipstick shade that suits me in this Celebrity/Plant Love line.. This one was the closest that suited me but the texture was horrid! Very disappointed!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2007 10:02:00 PM More reviews by babyzebra

This review is for Plantlove lipstick in CeCe. The color is fine, but very sheer. My big disappointment is that it is more like a tinted lip balm, and the color is very streaky because of its thin texture. I don't care for tinted lip balms (including Burts Bees and the like) so this is a big disappointment for me. I do like the recycled packaging, and the concept of planting the box with the wildflower seeds though. Will be giving this to a friend. Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2007 12:26:00 AM More reviews by kngdiana1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought Evangeline and Lindsay...an orangey coral shade and pink color respectively~ Evangline looked great and is a pretty pop of color...
Lindsay seemed too 80's pink and returned. The scent is not offensive and the plastic tube is decent~

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2003 4:53:00 AM More reviews by AstoundedFruitbat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have Fez which I thought would go on a little darker than it actually does, it's actually lighter than my natural lip color. Combined with the sheerness of it, I get zebra streaks of lipstick when I apply it. I could overlook the color but the smell and taste of this lipstick is horrible. I can't stand it--and I will endure most things for beauty. Just on that alone I would not buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2003 11:25:00 AM More reviews by hellokityy27

I have this in CeCe and it's a gorgeous sheer rasbperry. Unfortunately, it's a little too bright for my pale/yellow undertoned complexion. I think this would be very pretty on someone with pink undertones. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2003 7:11:00 PM More reviews by kottk005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a number of Cargo lipsticks, but the colors in the Celebrity Lipstick collection have caught my eye the most. I find the colors to be very pretty and more moisturizing than most lines. I love the sheer shades. Satori and Cloud Nine are my favorites. I have my eye on a number of others. These shades have dimension and are not flat looking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2002 4:26:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have two Cargo lipsticks, Nevis and Cece. Both are wonderful and have become staples in my cosmetic bag. Cece is a gorgeous sheer raspberry shade that gives a wonderful just bitten look to my lips. There are very few cosmetics that I have purchased more than once. These two lipsticks are both on that list.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2002 11:23:00 PM More reviews by KarenCG

I bought these in Cece and Voyage -- now two of my favorite lipsticks (especially Cece). These two in particular go on more sheer than they appear in the tube. Cece a burgundy-berry shade and Voyage a purple-ish shade. Only minuses: The clear tube shows wear and tear faster & easier than other lipstick tubes. Also, for reasons unknown, Cece completely melted in my purse one time, though no other lipsticks I had in there did. I liked it so much, I put the damaged one into a palette and bought another tube of lipstick!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2002 5:23:00 PM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

I enjoy Cargo products, I especially like the lipsticks and glosses and shadows. I love Satori in these Celeb lipsticks. Best way for me to describe it is that its a warm mauve neutral creamy lipstick. Its the best lipstick colour I have found in awhile, next to Um Um Uh from Benefit and Beige Pure Colour from Lauder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2001 3:12:00 PM More reviews by mellody43

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought Plume, a very pretty pinky-peachy-gingery shade (hard to describe, but truly lovely on my fair peaches/cream complexion) ... It doesn't have the lasting power of some lipsticks but is a great everyday lipstick that will give you a lift but not overwhelm your face.