Dove Anti-Perspirant

3.9

on 8/4/2014 9:33:00 AM

I've used Dove anti-perpirant deodorant pretty much since they first started coming out with deodorants. Like any product, some deodorants that work great for some don't work so well for others, for example, my sister swears by original Degree, which does nothing for me, & she doesn't care for Dove. But for me, Dove Original Invisible Solid keeps me the driest of any of the major brands & formulas I have tried (granted, I have never tried clinical strength or perscription deodorants). The reason I'm not giving it 5 though is because I don't care for the other formulas they have, like the 'fancier' ones-they just don't seem as effective, & the one that claims it leaves no marks on your clothes & in the commercial the women turn their shirts inside out-yeah, that doesn't happen for me it still leaves marks. So I just stick with the Original Invisible Solid in the regular scent-I don't like anything too sweet or fruity or powdery or perfumey, & am not a fan of unscented & the original scent is just a clean smell that isn't overpowering & is just right. I am a heavy sweater too, & have the type of sweat that stains clothing even. It doesn't keep me totally dry during a workout, but I've yet to find a deodorant that would, I mean, sweating during a workout is normal & expected so I don't worry about it, & it keeps me from smelling at least.

on 8/4/2014 8:57:00 AM

I tried a lot of Dove Anti Perspirant and they just don't work! The smells are too strong and stinking like sweat and perfume is never a good combination. Bleah. Didn't buy these ones for years because they are not worth it!

on 8/4/2014 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Not bad - I like the "Go Fresh" on in the green tea cucumber scent.
Yes, it contains aluminum (and yes, that's why it works as an anti-perspirant).

on 11/8/2012 6:34:00 PM

I am very picky about deodorants, as I am overweight and tend to sweat a lot. This has never let me down, leaving me smelling nice and feeling clean all day long. I have to say, I never tried any other smell, but I stick to the Original one, and as much as I like to experiment with make-up, I never really change my deodorant. A little warning, thought: if you tend to sweat a lot like me, rings of sweat are going to show up on certains fabrics. This deodorant does not block that.

on 10/14/2012 5:41:00 AM

the best deodorant i've come across, it's always sold out so i stock up when its in store. eliminates and BO or extra sweating and smells just as nice at the end of the day.

on 5/19/2010 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I live in FL where it gets quite hot and humid so I am always looking for a great anti-perspirant. This glides on really smooth and smells nice but it does not help with sweating and after a few hours it felt very filmy and gross. Too bad since there are so many different scents by Dove.

on 5/15/2010 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This just doesn't work for me! It smelled really nice on application but I sweated through it! And obviously, no help with the smell department at all. This heavily scented product can turn pungent at the end of the day :(

on 4/5/2010 11:50:00 AM

I love dove soaps! And i love the deodrant too =] and the smell lasts all day

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I really want to like this product. It smells great, applies great, but I sweat right through it. No, seriously - yesterday at work it was a situation. Forget it. Moving on from Dove anti-perspirants. I'm sad!

on 6/24/2009 12:20:00 PM

Ive been using this for years in babypowder scent and it works great
i always buy a few at at time so they last ....
Great product!