Sally Hansen Teflon Tuff

on 3/18/2012 8:30:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have used this as a clear polish for years now. It lasts without chipping if you use two coats. Dries in a decent time unlike other clear polishes I have used. When it does chip, (if you are using it as a clear polish) it isn't too noticeable. Lasts me about 2 weeks without touch-ups

on 4/23/2011 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite go-to top coat. It adds beautiful shine and strength to my mani and no chips for a good 5 days. I've used this top coat for years, and will continue to do so!

on 4/1/2011 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I've had this clear coat polish for a long time, so long that it started to turn colors. I decided to do my own pedicure and used this as a top coat and I'm really impressed with how it worked - my toes are shiny and pretty and it lasted well over a week without chipping. I think if I had coated the tips of my toenails it would have lasted longer. Great, great looking top coat!

on 4/19/2010 7:44:00 AM

I love this!
Takes ages to chip away, its a amazing top coat that really does strengthen your nails =]
Awesome

on 3/20/2009 3:04:00 PM

I bought this in clear and I use it as a top coat all the time. It really does help the polish to stay on longer and it actually does strengthen your nails. Sometimes I will put it on just as it is because I play softball and my nails always get chipped at practice, and I have noticed that since I started using it, my nails have been looking a lot healthier and they don't chip as easily. I really recommend that you buy this nail polish.

on 11/2/2008 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This melted my nail polish! For me, it could only be worn on its own, and even then it discoloured my natural white tips. Never repurchasing again.

on 8/13/2008 10:49:00 AM

I am generally pleased with Sally Hansen nail products, and so I had no qualms about buying a polish in the Teflon Tuff family when I was looking for something pink and sheer. I'm reviewing color 07, Sheer French Pink, which I bought a looooong time ago and is since discontinued.

I love this stuff - I found 2 coats to be a perfect, sheer pink color just as it is named, and would be perfect as the base of a French manicure. I wear it alone most of the time, with or without a topcoat and while it doesn't last the 10 days advertised, it certainly makes it through the week at work, which is typically what I'm looking for. It also dries very quickly, so I can slap two coats on and run out looking like I just got back from the salon.

According to the Sally Hansen website, it looks like they have now discontinued the entire line. If you can't find Teflon Tuff in drugstores or supermarkets, bottles of it can still be had on ebay and online discount cosmetic stores. It used to run about $3; figure you'll pay $3.99-4.50 if you can find it now. I'm glad I still have some, and I'll likely grab more while I can.

on 2/7/2008 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have this nail polish in rose opal and I love it! It's super super sheer so it doesn't look so great by itself but it was really beautiful as the pink color of a french manicure. Although others have had problems with chipping, I actually found that this nail polish lasts a lot longer than others that I've tried and I was really impressed that I didn't have any chipping for several days. I'm looking forward to trying other Sally Hansen polishes.

continued >>

on 12/28/2007 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Teflon Tuff REALLY impressed me. I have very weak nails that are extremely prone to breaking, Teflon Tuff made my nails very strong, very fast. It also made them a lot longer within a few uses! I normally don't use Sally Hansen, but this is a keeper!

on 12/23/2007 4:07:00 PM

I alternate this with a few other SH basecoats and have great results. Makes my nailes much stronger and less prone to breaking.