Dior Ultra Mat

2.6

on 6/23/2008 12:50:00 PM

I definitely won't buy it again! It's the worst high end product I've used in term of foundation! It provides no coverage and has no stay power at all, plus, the shade is so strange (I got it in #200). I have no idea why I paid 40 Euro for such a horrible product...!

on 6/18/2008 3:47:00 AM

I got a 200 shade but it is so orange! Seriously I dont understand who has this kind of skin shade! I look like with a bad tan!
The texture is strange, it is sort of sticky. From the products Ive used it is sort of average when it comes to matting but it is not worth the money. I got as a gift True Match by Lorel and it outcomes Dior by performance and price by far.

on 8/17/2007 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is everything but ultra mat. All the shades are perfect(for my nc 30 complexion the shade 300 is a good much),has an odd,thin,watery texture that doesn't blend very easily because It drys very fast.Anyway even If you manage to apply it evenly wont stay matte long.Has very nice healthy non powdery finish that wont last long at least on me doesn't last long,after a while I look shiny and oily.The coverage is sheer-medium.Looks natural not heavy has average staying power,and funky scent.And I break out when I m using this product daily because of the silicons.I don't like this foundation this much mostly because of the low coverage.This is a mediocre option for combination-normal skins INGREDIENTS:Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Talc, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Cellulose, Alumina, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Silica, Propylene Carbonate, Tetrasodium Edta, Aluminium Hydroxide, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Coumarin, Limonene, Geraniol, Ci 77019/Mica, Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77492/Ci 77491/Ci 77499/Iron Oxides

on 3/29/2007 4:21:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I had this is 200, but it still seemed so orangey to me!
This does not control oil, so I got dissapointed because they said it really does control oil well..
I wanted to love this foundation, but like most of Dior foundations,unfortunately this one is also not for me.

on 10/5/2006 7:56:00 PM

i wanted a mattifying foundation so i was recommended this by a dior consultant, after being colour (mis)matched i bought this product trusting it would be worth it, but instead i was left with a piglet pink (wrong) shade, and a super glossy finish complete with sweaty feel. i returned this and was advised to get dior icone instead, its not too bad more mattifying but doesnt last very long over pores.

on 9/29/2006 3:15:00 PM

I wasnt sure about this product but I thought I would give it a try. I have used the Dior compact powder ultra mat for a while now and I thought the liquid foundation would provide more cover. It blends easily on the skin but doesnt provide a beautiful glow. It looks mat but that only lasts for an hour or two. After two hours my forehead started to shine and it only got worse. I am definitely not satisfied with this foundation and already regret having bought it... Its pretty expensive and is not worth the money. Color is good, substance is good but no oil-control at all and that is what I needed most.

on 5/19/2006 10:31:00 AM

This foundation looks natural but does not control oil! It required constant powder touch-ups throughout the day and deteriorated in oilier areas. For the price, I expected better. Hopefully I can return it. Back to my trusty Teinte Idole.

I love this foundation! It's super lightweight but still provides good coverage, and I really liked the matte finish. Also I find I don't have to use very much at all because it spreads very well. #100 is also an excellent shade for super white pasties like me - it's pale without being that sickly pink colour most light foundations are. The packaging is classy, and I love the pump top! I will definitely repurchase if and when I ever run out - but looking at the reviews, YMMV.

on 11/13/2005 3:39:00 PM

I'm currently using a sample of this foundation. So far so good. Has good coverage, colour 200 light beige is a preety good match to my fair, yellow-based skin. I've given up finding a foundation that will control shine on my t-zone all day... it just isn't going to happen. At least with this foundation, by lunchtime I can see shine, but the makeup doesn't go all slippery and come off. It is able to be touched up easily without looking cakey. So many others I've tried perhaps don't show the shine so much, but the texture turns slippery and wipes off...impossible to touch up. Teamed up with diorskin pressed powder in 601 Transparent this is about as close to perfect I think I'm going to get.
Washes off easily with the new Dior rinse-off cleansing foam for oily-combo skin. Will update when I've tried it for longer.

Update: Decided it's not really that great for the price. Skin still oily and pimply. Now using Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser and loving it.

on 6/20/2005 3:54:00 PM

at first I liked it, but after 1 week of using it, I was dissapointed. Obviously, my skin doesn't love Dior liquids (it's the second Dior liquid, that was kinda too heavy for me and didn't mattify at all).
My skin is not that oily, but this liquid tended to make me look like a disco ball.
I didn't like the texture and color range- the lightest shade is kinda too orange (I am yellow toned).