Maybelline Wet Shine Fusion

3.8

on 4/20/2010 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I don't know how old this product is (on the market) but I ordered one from a cosmetics outlet website, so I'm pretty sure it's discontinued cuz I don't see it in stores. I got it for only $3.

Knowing the colors on my computer monitor wouldn't be true, I ordered a soft pink to be on the safe side (I'm fussy about lipstick colors b/c many don't look good on me). I ordered 'Pink Romance' which in the tube looks like a pale seashell peach (how is that pink?) but on the lips is super-sheer, ever so slightly shimmery, & buildable but will never look pasty. The pink looks VERY gentle, soft, muted, just like barely tinted baby's lips (not rosy baby lips however) or like the fairest pink rose petal. Extremely soft & subtle. When I wipe the product off my lips I can see the faint pink color on the tissue, so I know it's there.

Pink Romance is definitely an apt name for this color. You can kiss with confidence when you wear this color since it's so demure. :-)

The formula is solid & feels like it drags dryly on the lips yet the texture is very moist, softening & a little bit sticky when I press my lips together. It's easier to apply this over lipbalm, though the color will be even sheerer, & thiscolor is already the sheerest of all sheers. Honestly this is like a tinted lipbalm in itself that gives you something exta.

Packaging is a metal slimline tube in a metallic magenta-purple color. I love slender lipsticks b/c they're less bulky & the color applies more easily.

I really like this & will be surfing eBay to see what else of this product is out there..... I would like to buy more (I'm a lipstick & nail polish hoarder, lol).

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I got this for a dollar, which made it worth a try. I am actually quite pleased with the results. I got this in Blush Boost, a very pretty lightish pink which is sort of a "my-lips-but-better" shade for me. It glides on pretty easily and is buildable for a more opaque look. However, if you absolutely don't like shimmer in your lip products, I wouldn't recommend this. It does have a nice shimmer though, not too noticeable and not chunky.I also adore the packaging, a slim purply-pink tube that clicks closed so it doesn't come undone in the purse. Will repurchase in this and other colors!

on 6/14/2009 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this at dollar general for a dollar. Its so great i wish there were more colors

on 1/26/2008 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

oh no, i do believe these are discontinued. i actually bought this with a set that had blush in it and since my main motivation was the blush this was kind of just a bonus. however, i find i really like this texture because it is a very light liptick texture with just a hint of shine (not nearly as intense as a lipgloss but shinier than most). my color is in fuchsia blast and its a pigmented bright bright pink with flecks of shimmer. its nice to have something that is light but pigmented at the same time. it doesnt get a four because they give you a tiny amount and its discontinued so i dont want to overhype. however, smells fruity and very cute packaging. reminds me of loreal colorjuice sticks so check those out if you want something like this

on 1/12/2008 7:09:00 PM

According to marketing, this product is a gloss and lipstick in one and is moisturizing. But Maybelline is jerking your chain here - neither of these claims are true.

Instead of having the slick, wet finish you would expect, most of the shades offered are actually glittery sheers, with a handful of colors being frosted metallics.

And these are dry, not moisturizing. I find that i have to use a balm with these in order to wear them comfortably long-term.

But these are not inherently BAD lipsticks. They are simply mis-marketed. This product has great lasting power.. the pigments bind to the lips pretty well and the vibrant colors suffer minimal fading or feathering.

I've owned three different colors ... Peach Nectar, Rose 'N Shine, and Blush Boost.

Peach Nectar does live up to it's name. It's a peachy pink with a warm honey undertone and a large dose of golden-glitter. There is more glitter in this shade that there is pigment, and that's a big no for me. Yes, it is glamorous but a little kitsch at the same time.

Rose 'N Shine is the best color out of the bunch. It has the least glitter and it's subtly frosted. Unlike most rose lippies, it has a magenta based instead of red, but the rose color is definitely the dominate hue. This is the only color I will repurchase.

Blush Boost is a "Barbie" pink, but metallic. It certainly is the most curious color I have. It looks okay and mediocre on my dark-haired, fair-skinned self, but I could see this really shining on a tan blond going for the "beach babe" look.
More than two layers of this color will make your lips look absurd and robotic.

on 1/3/2008 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Got this in Blush Boost at Dollar Tree. The color is nice on my fair skin and stays on nicely too. Does dry out my lips a little but for a dollar I can't complain.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

These are pretty much the exact same product as the Lancome Juicy Rouge at a fraction of the price. They are also more moisturizing. Found these one sale at CVS. I better stock up!

on 11/6/2006 5:15:00 PM

Purchased the color plum sizzle because it looked like the perfect berry/plum color in the tube and sampled on my hand. Stupidly I forgot - again! - that the inside low part of my thumb has no resemblance with the color of my lips whatsoever. On me it looks like a dark muted red with lots of shimmer, and not plummy at all. Maybe a cherryberry red, but definately nothing like plum. It looks ok though, and I see myself wearing it alot. It deserves four lippies, but since I thought I purchased a plum colour and got a dark red instead, I'm downgrading it one lippie.

on 9/25/2006 4:59:00 PM

I have this in Glossy Grape. I'm fair skinned and dark haired, and the color looks good on me. I think the tube is cute, a purpley fuschia thin tube. The lip color is actually MATTE, not shiny, which I prefer anyway. I would suggest using lip balm first. I would buy again for the color but don't understand their marketing. As another poster said, the bigwigs at Maybelline must be smokin' something.

on 7/31/2006 4:38:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Over the years, I must have purchased at least one variation of each of Maybelline's lisptick lines, and the reason I wanted to try this out was to mainly keep up with the record. I ended up settling on "Beige Fusion", which, interestingly enough, is nothing even similar to beige. This is an old gripe of mine with Maybelline - their color swatches and names indicate nothing of the actual color of the product, so it took me about 40 minutes in front of the display battling to find the color I was interested in. And what might have seemed more of a beige hue on the back of my hand in the lights of the drugstore cosmetic department looked nothing like beige on my lips in front of the mirror at home. Beige Fusion is actually a muted brown sugar berry color. A little like what it would look like if you mixed a cup of cocoa with raspberry syrup. This color, though, is quite versatile for me, and I am pleased with my purchase even though it wasn't the color I was initially expecting to get. It's neutral enough to allow for some smokey-eye "action", yet quite attractive on it's own for everyday wear. It hasn't grown on me entirely, therefor it's yet undecided if I will eventually purchase the same hue when I'm out. As far as the texture and wear is concerned, it's got extremely high color payoff and is very pigmented. It's pretty glossy, which basically contributes to the zero-wear factor: this lipstick wears off an anything like a lightning bolt. And unfortunately the miniscule amount of product in the tube gives you a heartache when you have to reapply very frequently. So why, indeed, would I purchase a color from this line again? The color payoff is brilliant and I've never recieved so much color at once in a drugstore product, ever. Too bad it turns from a "fusion" to a "glaze" in about 15 minutes. Not the most brilliant of the bunch, but far from the worst.

Popular Lipsticks