December 20, 2014 | 936 users online

Moisturizers - Avon - ANEW Retroactive plus night repair cream

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2008 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Isela415

I absolutely love this product. I use it along with the day cream with SPF. This is extra moisturizer-y cream and its what you need in a night cream since your skin absorbs alot in your sleep. I wake up and my skin feels so soft and so nice. My husband noticed a difference when I use this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2008 1:05:00 AM More reviews by nicole420pm

For a night cream, this is good. Better than the day version, which somehow doesn't do the job for me. My face feels a little dry a little while after applying. I'm 24, so maybe a little on the young side for anti-aging products, but overall I liked this product but wasn't swept off my feet. Still looking...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2008 4:11:00 AM More reviews by la_princessa323

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After reading these reviews, I feel like I'm reading about a completely different product! The smell of this stuff is just to "fragrant-like" especially for the face. It does feel smooth, but I can't get past this smell. Maybe it's just my nose but it even made me nauseous from being so strong. I wanted to try something a bit cheaper but I'm going back to my Dermalogica stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2007 3:47:00 PM More reviews by bablondie32

If you get this on sale or on ebay, you can get it cheap. But buy at full price, no! It is my HG of moisturizers and anti-agers. No, I don't use it ALL the time but I switch with it sometimes. HG for Avon that is. My list of moisturizers I like are: SSC Olive Oil, Avon's Nutura, Avon's Retroactive (and Clinical), Derma E's Retinol face cream. When I find a better moisturizer, I'll let you know. But those are it for me for now and I've tried everything.Decent ones are: Sig Club A's 5 essential cream, Philosophy's face creams. I think I'm real turned onto Derma E right now though and this Retroactive. If anyone has a HG anti-ager face cream that works on sloughing skin and renewing skin cells (glowy) and moisturizes for inexpensive then I want an email from you!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2007 9:43:00 PM More reviews by efrey14

LOVE LOVE LOVE this cream. Light tingling sensation when applied, smell is decent (I actually like it), I have t-zone oiliness...works great. will buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2007 9:43:00 AM More reviews by rowangrey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is not for me. The packaging is pretty and looks nice on my counter, and you get a pretty good amount for the money (although I got it cheap). However, the stuff inside didn't work for me at all. The smell of this cream is very chemical/medicinal. If I put it on my upper cheeks (even on my cheekbones), my eyes would sting and water like I had been chopping onions for at least 20 minutes.
The moisturizers didn't mesh with my oily skin, leaving me with pasty, almost sticky feeling skin all night and the next morning. I honestly can't attest to the "Retroactive" part of the serum, as I was never able to use it consistently enough to make a solid judgment one way or the other.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2006 4:05:00 PM More reviews by bablondie25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Awesome stuff. I have renewed faith in this line. My face looks really good right now. I had a rash around my nose forever, and it reduced it totally (I think b/c of retinol in it?) Anyway, I will buy again, definitely. Buy when there's a big sale!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2006 2:41:00 AM More reviews by a_man_durr

this product is great! i have been using it for a little while now and am really loving it.leaves my skin feeling really smooth :o)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2005 5:48:00 AM More reviews by chickenfingers

I love this,it really does work,it works better than any other avon product I have tried. It does not break me out or make my skin oily,my skin looks better since I have been using this product and I will buy again and again,also I am going to say this is avon's best skin care line and the results last,I do not have to use the product everynight. It does have a LIGHT refreshing smell to it. If I had to recommend any of avon's skin care products to anyone this is the one I would tell them to try, I am buying the day cream version of this next to try because I love it so much!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2005 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Katy_L

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was very disappointed with this product. I am in my 50's and used it for about 60 days. I could not see any change in my skin. As a moisturizer it probably does a good job but it did not work for me as advertised.