November 22, 2014 | 1754 users online

Eye Shadow - Physicians Formula - Baked Collection- Baked Sugar

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this breaks. treat it like glass! the whole top half fell off of all the shades when it fell less that 2 feet. I know that it is not supposed to be like rocks-you don't want it like that ,, but!
colors, you can get better in other brands

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2012 3:22:00 AM More reviews by thatbub

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this trio. This is a bit nude color palette. The 3 colors are subtle and beautiful. They are white, pink and light brown (this one is lighter than the light brown in baked sands). Its very good for daily wear. I will absolutely but it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 10:54:00 AM More reviews by lsuchick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this at Big Lots for $2. I picked it up because I wanted a neutral for eyeshadow for my makeup bag. This had the cutest shapes and had a higlight, crease and wash for lid! I must say these little things are pig-ment-ed!! WOW! they are like so pigmented without water! I really like this trio!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by ariannalynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this on sale when CVS was having the select 50%-75% mark downs for $2. I'm glad I picked it up. The colors are perfect for achieving a neutral eye for school! I love using this palette. I prefer to use the shadows wet, except for the white shimmery color. I really like how the shades aren't too overpowing. That said...I probably would've felt a little ripped off if I had paid the full $8 for this. But, if you catch it on sale, definitely pick it up.
My only concern is that I've only used the shadows a handful of times, and they already have little dents in them. I'm afraid they may not last long, but oh well. For now they're excellent!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

this is the second "baked" palette that I have purchased from Physicians Formula. the first one was the "baked smokes" trio, which is the black, grey and white version. i hated it, even wet the colors were horrible. this one i like a little more, but still don't think the pigmentation is as good as it could be. I love the medium brown shade, it's a perfect neutral everyday shade. I paid under $2 for this at CVS, during their clearance sale. I used this with two faced shadow insurance, and NYX milk jumbo pencil. it helped, and it lasted all day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by steffmd25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am very disappointed in this palette! The colors just seem to fade together into an OTT shimmery, borderline glittery mess. I got this at the CVS 75% clearance sale. I only paid around $2, but I'm still considering returning it, its so not worth the little I paid for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by sierray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this shadow as I thought it would be lovely for neutral looks and I also liked the shimmer.

When I put it on I was disappointed, it was much sheerer on my eyelid than it looked in the package.

However, I tried it a second time with an eyeshadow primer and what a difference!

The colours go on beautifully, especially for a day look, and the shimmer is just enough not to be boring.

Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2010 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Really impressed with this line, I typically use LM's Stellar e/s, which is a sheerly pigmented shimmer, great for a nude eye and blending out my lids. Most shadows look too make-upy on me, these are a decent substitute for the LM Stellar, the white is a very shimmery, almost silvery white against my olivey skin. Little goes a long shimmery way so use sparingly. The pink is a neutral/cool pale pink and works well on the lid, again sparingly, and the beige/champagne tone is my fave. Perfect for all over the lid and up into crease. All are very shimmery, but it's a more finely milled shimmer, apply very lightly for a sheer wash. A bit more conspicuous than my typical LM shadows, but for the price, worth the fussing, love them! Only deducted a point b/c of the fact that the packaging lends them to shattering and the shimmer is just slightly above my comfort zone, but still very flattering and wearable if applied with a light hand. Would repurchase. Great deal for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by mabelwky

I have the pyramid shaped version of baked sugar, which are 3 matte shades (white,pink and brown), no glitter or shimmer at all.
When I first bought this, I didn't really like these e/s, I thought they are kinda chalky and sheer, using them together is too matte looking. The only way I found to get use out of them was to use with other e/s that has shimmer/glitter, but mostly they just collect dust in my drawer.

However, one day I got a job interview, and I found these to be very interview appropriate. Yes, they are sheer, and still a bit chalky, but with the right tools and right way to use them, you can make it work. They made my eyes open and awake in a very subtle way. You know how important it is to have that clean look when you are having a formal dressing type interview, and these can help. I put the pink on the inner half of my lid, and use the brown very lightly on the outer V, blend the pink out and use the white to highlight the brow bone and the center of the lid close to the upper lashes. I do sometimes define the eyes by adding a little bit e/l and blend it up a bit with a darker brown. I usually finish it with just curling the lashes, no mascara.

For ladies who are looking for something non-overpowering and everyday e/s, this trio would be a nice choice. The only downside is that the pyramid shape is a bit annoying, it's cute, but harder to store. If I ever use them up, i will repurchase (as long as they are still around).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 3:02:00 AM More reviews by andyI

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The only reason i wouldnt purchase this again is because i never buy the same makeup twice :P.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this eyeshadow. The white is super shimmery, so i use it sparingly as a highlighter on the brow bone. The gold and pink are pretty by themselves or mixed with a darker matte shadow. It stays on all day, even without primer. Subtle glamour.