September 23, 2014 | 969 users online

Eyes - Hard Candy - Moody Eye Shadow Quartet

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Gabriel679

Love this quad of slate metallics. Easy to blend, good pigmentation, and fresh colors that are neutral without being boring. There's a darker gray with some glitter, a light metallic dove color, a metallic seafoam green color, and a metallic mauve - all of which blend together easily and seamlessly.

I believe these are discontinued. I can't believe it - have loved this brand for years. Anyway, I found mine at TJ Maxx for $3.99 per quad, which is a steal - get them if you can.

I do think the packaging is total crap. I had to re-glue a couple of the eyeshadows back into the pan - and the pan itself scratches easily and is pretty plastic-y, but I love the shadows so I'm not complaining too much. I'm just glad I didn't have to pay full price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 5:16:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a set of neutral smoky colors that has great pigment and a sturdy case. One of my peeves about shadows is they usually come in cheap cases that break easily. I think anybody can wear these shadows. This is on the HC site for $14, but normally retails for $20.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2008 8:08:00 PM More reviews by AntiPrep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This quartet contains a beautiful, shimmery mauve/plum, a very unique gorgeous silvery aquaish color (my fav) a silvery wash color with a hint of taupe? and a charcoal color with multi colored sparkles, remember UD's old oilslick e/s? well it's like that only MUCH better, the multi colored sparkles actually show up. Love this quartet it's so glowy but not in an over the top way. The pigmentation and staying power is amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2007 1:42:00 PM More reviews by shmoopy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought this at Sephora today. I tested it in the store and fell in love! All shimmers, med silvery green, silver plum, silvery tan, and a charcoal grey color.
Edit: It went back to the store because the colors looked really dull on my lids compared to how gorgeous they were in the pans. I decided I had better MAC colors. Oh well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2007 7:44:00 PM More reviews by crazysexycoolchick

This quartet is pretty good, but I don't like it as much as techno or chameleon. I think the palette is better suited for those with fair complexions and cool undertones. I use the pale grayish silver color as a highlighter, the pale greenish silver in the inner corners, the dark mauve on the lid, and the dark gray in the crease and lash line. Very dramatic. Definitely not a daytime look! Also, I find that using a pale mauve color on the lips really helps to bring the look together.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2005 9:14:00 PM More reviews by katycucumber

i keep this compact in my bag for when i'm out at the colours are foolproof and amazing textures. the silver is a great base, the greenish shimmer is brighter but still subtle, the glaittery black is great for smokey looks and the mauve is just amazing. i've been looking for a similar single eyeshadow so i don't use up the mauve in this compact but i can't find any that match up. also the tools included are perfect, a foam applicator and a chiseled brush which is great for defining your eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2005 8:55:00 PM More reviews by lindseylouike

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received this eye shadow quartet with a swap. It consists of a grey/mauve, plum, silver, and charcoal/black. The grey mauve looks good over the entire lid, the plum looks great in the crease, the silver is great for going out at night, and the charcoal black works well as a liner shadow. I was really surprised how well the plum color looked on me (fair w/ dark hair)--it is now one of my favorite crease shadows. The packaging, like all Hard Candy products (IMO), is very nice. Definitely worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2004 7:53:00 PM More reviews by sunshine34

It's the silky texture of these shadows that I adore. they feel sublime!

The colours either work well for me as a wash or a crease colour. I love the way they subtly gleam.

I also like that this is no "four shades of beige" palette. The colours are all interesting in their own right and make endlessly fascinating combinations worn together.
Poser, the deep plum colour, and Flirt, the silvery pink, are the ones I use the most often.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2004 3:30:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

this palette is just ok. it is a dark silver, very pigmented, a light silver, very pigmented and the other two colors are a silvered plum, allright in pigment but not a stunning color, and a silvered pale green that has no pigment. Basically this is a pretty standard gray palette with shimmer. Nothing unique or standout with this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2002 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Helen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The should call theis quad "Muddy" because that's what they colors look like together--there's not enough contrast and tehy just sort of run into each other--not impressed with this combination, although individually the colors are all pretty.