St. Ives Apricot Scrub-invigorating- OIL FREE

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/24/2015 12:53:00 PM

Smells nice but I find it a bit too harsh for my face.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Whenever I use this product, my skin feels fresh, invigorated, and soft afterwards. Although it doesn't do all that much for acne, and the smell isn't quite as good as other products, it makes my skin glow with youth and radiance.
I usually put some warm water on my face, apply the product, scrub it in for about 30 seconds with gentle pressure, leave it on while I'm brushing my teeth, then wash it off with warm water, scrubbing it a little more as I go, then dab the excess off with a bath towel. I do this 3-4 times a week.
The little bits feel awesome as they scrub away all the dead skin and I totally swear by it.
WARNING: If this product is a few months after the sell by date on the top, it's bad and it won't work.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

There are so many types of St. Ives Apricot Scrubs now on the market. I remember years ago, picking up the original version and didn't care for it. Recently, i picked up the INVIGORATING OIL-FREE 100% NATURAL INGREDIENTS version in the tub packaging and I'm extrememly happy with it. I have to be careful of scrubs because most seem to break me out or cause some sort of skin upset. I haven't found a scrub that I like for my face so I was using a homemade scrub that consists of ingredients like honey, sugar and yogurt but it is messy and I wasn't feeling up to making fresh batches every time I needed to scrub. I do have a very slow cell turnover rate and very clog prone so I should be using a scrub 4 times a week to keep my pores clean. I purchased this because I like the convienence of a pre-made scrub at the ready. I will tell you this, this scrub isn't for very sensitive skin types. The grit is on the large side and can be rough. I will get slight surface redness from using this but it goes away in a few minutes. Personally, I don't find this too harsh for me and I use this on average 3-4x a week. I don't get breakouts from this. I love the smell of this. It is soft and soothing which is bit sweet and earthy. Best of all, it has done a better job at clearing out my pores than my previous homemade scrub. My skin used to be rough/bumpy to the touch. Now, I can touch my skin and it is very smooth and clogs have decreased significantly.

on 6/6/2013 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My rating say it all. I notice my face looks more cleaner and smoother in every angle and lighting. I am on my 6th bottle! Don't even get me started with the smell... obsessed!

on 12/2/2012 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great product, im using this once a week. Love the smell and leaves the skin with a fresh feeling.

on 4/28/2012 9:01:00 AM

I love this product. Seriously the best scrub I have bought so far (I haven't bought many since they come in large amounts but anyway, this scrub is awesome.) At first I didn't really notice much different beside my skin being softer and less oily straight after using it (which is usual for a scrub) but after learning how to use the product best (using your fingertips to exfoliate for a few minutes and then using a good moisturiser to stop dirt filling pores) my spots are nowhere to been seen, barely any blemish left and my blackheads are pretty much completely gone. No product has ever been able to get rid of my blackheads for so long and so completely inexpensive as well! However since my skin type is combination/oily and it has worked well, I really would not recommend this to people who have dry or sensitive skin as it will most likely be too harsh-those with that skin type should look for cream scrubs like biore's deep pore cleansing scrub which I have tried and did keep my skin clear for a while.

This broke me out. My skin is generally clear (I had really bad acne in middle school but I've been almost completely clear for two years) and not sensitive at all and it still broke me out! If you swear by this product, Up&Up (the Target brand) Makes a great dupe of this for about a dollar cheaper and Biore has an AMAZING scrub that I definitely reccommend. I wouldn't buy this product again and I wouldn't reccommend it to anyone.

on 12/9/2011 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got the travel size of this, even though I have heard good things, because I never tried this stuff until now. I think this scrub is great, only if I use it 3 times a week. I love the smell, and how abrasive it is. I feel like I am really exfoliating my skin. But when I started to use this every day, my cheek area near the sides of my mouth started to get dry. I don't know if that's normal if someone exfoliates everyday. So I'll only use this only every other day. I already used half of it, so I might get a new one. Overall, good product!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was a bit hesitant on using this scrub because of some of the negative reviews about how harsh it is but i went a head and steamed my face, started to rub it on my face and it kinda felt like rubbing sand on your face and i was thinking my skin might hate me for this but i washed it off and WOW my skin felt soo soft and fantastic.. I wouldn't scrub hard with this one but slow gentle scrubbing..
Would i use it all the time? No. Just every now and then. Will i buy again? Yes.

=)

I really love the way it makes my skin feel, like a babys bottom. SO SMOOTH! It doesn't irritate or strip me of moisture, and it helps with acne but I think I'll try the blemish fighting one next time, because I want something even stronger. It works really well as a scrub, twice a week at night. The first time I used it I was in awe, I kept touching my soft face. The packaging is good too, because they offer it in a tub or a flip cap on the bottom side. The consistency is good too, not oily, but thick. I like to use it as a body scrub once a week or so, it makes you feel so soft.

Edit. This stuff is terrible. I used it on my cheeks to help unclog pores and my cheeks were bleeding. BLEEDING. I almost cried. Do not buy this, there are better scrubs out there please listen to me. It's a body scrub now.

Popular Scrubs