Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

3.8

I don't understand the what all the hype is about this fragrance. To me, there is nothing individual about it. There are so many perfumes out on the market that smell exactly the same. (Both Taylor Swift perfumes, Britanny Spears, Sophia Vergara, Queen Latifah, Katy Perry Pink Sugar, so many Bath and Body Works fragrances, the list goes on). The only thing that that stands out is the hefty price.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Omg i love this perfume! I can't afford to buy it for myself right now, but i am literally drooling over it! It is pricey, but when you have the money, I'd say buy it for yourself seeing as it's so beautiful and placed in several top perfumes lists recently. Can't wait to have it for myself!

I'm currently on my second bottle of this perfume. I would never of bought it for myself because I really am not a fan of floral fragrances. I usually find them to be far too overpowering and one of those scents that really stays in your nose. But I had this bought as a Christmas gift last year and it is now my favourite every day scent.

I don't know where the name came from because to me, there is nothing flowery about it, instead it is a sweet almost sweet-shop smell. Its great for every day use and I often get people asking me what I'm wearing.

The packaging is so cute, the bottle is shaped like a little hand grenade and this means it is really easy to grip when actually spraying it as I often find it a bit tricky to spray towards me without tipping it upside down with taller bottles.

It always lasts all day and I can usually smell it on my clothes when I take them off at the end of the day although it never smells overpowering.

The only negative is that I never want to throw the bottle away when its empty!

This fragrance baffles me. It reminds of the awful Britney Spears fragrance I got for my 16th birthday yet people from their 20s-40s seem to be all over this. It smells so sickly sweet and basic. It doesn't feel like this fragrance is well thought out or worth the high price tag. An explosion of various flowers is so overwhelming. I like my fragrances to be a beautiful blend of various notes, so that people smell it and feel intrigued, not 'how many different flowers can I wear at once?'

I mean, I must be in the minority because so many people love it. But I was in a department store with my best friend, and I sprayed some on a card for her. She was equally appalled and couldn't understand the popularity of this overly sweet sugar liquid. Some of the spritz got on her sleeve and she complained the whole walk home how it lingered and she couldn't stand it.

It's not that I don't like sweet fragrances. My sister was wearing Juicy Couture and it smelled gorgeous on her-that's a very sweet fragrance. I just really cannot stand the lack of complexity here. I feel like it smells the same on everyone and it gives me a headache.

The packaging is totally cute though. I'm quite happy to let this sit on my mantle.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I initially heard about Flowerbomb after I heard an Owl City song (If My Heart Was A House). I decided to go out and give it a sniff. I was so intrigued by it because I usually hate floral scents, but there is something about this one. It is so fresh and luxurious, definitely not a grandma floral. It is almost a sophisticated candy/gourmand scent with a hint of floral, depth and freshness all at once. It gives you this 'aura' of scent around you. I always get compliments and I get asked what I'm wearing! After about two years of testing and contemplation I finally picked this up! I love this perfume. It's one of the few perfumes that I didn't get sick of after years of smelling it over and over. I purchased the small refillable (22ml) size for $35 CAD at Sephora, so it wasn't too much of a splurge.

I thought I truly LOVED this after buying a mini a few years ago and only smelling it in the bottle. Today I actually wore a small amount on the sternum and neck to work. No compliments, which doesn't really mean anything. Still I felt like it was a bit over the top, and I would probably not wear to work again. It's a conservative environment. I enjoyed it throughout the day but not as much as I had thought.
I will try again, perhaps applying in a different place and on a day off. I would have to say it smells rather artificial. 3.5 stars if I could.
Despite its' popularity, I wonder if this will still be in production in another 10 years.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The first time i heard the name of this perfume, i wasn't interested (I don't like florals). Then i smelled this amazing fragrance on a sales associate and when she told me it was Flowerbomb, i had to try it. So i got a sample and fell in love. It doesn't smell very floral to me, so calling it "Flowerbomb" is a misnomer in my opinion, and probably turns off other people who don't like florals (like me, hah).
The initial first spraying (top notes) is my least favorite stage, as i can smell the earthy patchouli, and it almost smells powdery on me, like the scent of an 80's hair spray lol. That's strange because patchouli is actually listed as one of the base notes but i smell it first. Luckily this doesn't last long, as the middle stage and dry down are my favorite, because then it becomes this rich gourmand fragrance, somewhat chocolate-y/vanilla and this is where i can smell the floral slightly and the citrus, as it just has the amazing blend of all three. I get more compliments on Flowerbomb than any other perfume i've owned. It also lasts a really long time on me; i can spray it in the evening and still smell it the next day. Which is good, as it's relatively rather pricey. Love!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Okay, I actually do like the smell but it is very overwhelming! It is very powerful and strong. To me this smells more chocolatey then florally. Even tho I do like the scent, because it's so strong I prolly wouldn't use this as my everyday perfume.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

My first advice with perfume is to try it on and walk away from the perfume counter rather than buy blind based on reviews.

I had a good spray of this done at the Boots store because Flowerbomb and Spicebomb both were on promotion. After the spray my family and I walked out of the store and onward to the car. Once in the close quarters of the car, the olfactory assault began.

Within 15 minutes of the drive back, my husband complained of the scent. After 20 minutes my youngest son asked me to roll down the window or 'make it go away'. About 40 minutes into the drive (and another 30 to go), I started to get a headache and had to roll down the window for a bit here and there despite the outside temperature being 34 degrees F.

Once home I tried to wash it off, but it lingered for a long while.

As I had an intimate drive home with this particular perfume, here is my review of the over all smell: Upon first spray, I was taken back to the mid-90's when this particular style of perfume dominated the scene at various Bath and Body Works and Victoria Secret's stores. It would be something my 20-year old self would purchase not knowing any better, mostly because of the sickly sweet smell and overtly floral bouquet. However, my almost 40 year old self was just cringing at this smell. While I acknowledged that this perfume would mesh well in the world of the young 20-somethings, I compared it to the younger crowd going after cosmo martini's and vodka and red bulls and weird marshmallow flavored vodkas rather than enjoying the 18 year old Dalmore whiskey or a good Buffalo Trace bourbon.

This perfume belongs to the young with underdeveloped noses who like to smell like candy. If I didn't know better about the basenotes of perfumes and I had to pick just one to start with, Flowerbomb would fill that void.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

very pricey !! Made me sick afterwards !
Ruined my day i was feeling headaches all day

Popular Fragrances