September 1, 2014 | 1214 users online

Concealers - Dermablend - Smooth Indulgence Concealer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by debstar75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The thing I liked about this concealer I also disliked: the natural effect. At first, I loved how it blended into my skin without caking or any signals that said "look here, she's covering something up!" But then again, it really didn't conceal. I noticed I always had to follow this up with another layer of MUFE Full Cover if I wanted to banish redness & camouflage acne or scars. After trying this for over a month, it clearly wasn't doing the job and became this annoying extra (unecessary) step in my routine. So out it went.

On the brightside, it never made me breakout or worsen current acne. It just didn't do much of anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Hellokitty854

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the color WHEAT and I have asian skin (yellow undertone). I purchased this foundation twice even though it's $32-34, I would keep purchasing. The finish is not too matte, not too dewey but it does set. Some say it transfers but I think that depends on your skin type. It's very blend able for my dry skin and covers up any blemishes, scars, etc. Some days I have to use concealer after but you sometimes I double it up and it works too! This is my HG foundation!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by thebeautyunknown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is honestly one of the best one's I've used. It's hard for me a lot of times to find a good foundation, but this works amazingly well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by RachelEDNC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been a long time lurker on this site, but wanted to come forth specifically to show this product some love. I have hereditary dark circles. They are extreme, and I have to wear concealor or I will scare small children. I have tried every brand on the planet. Want me to name some? Covergirl, Maybelline, Dior, Clinique, Estée Lauder, L'oreal, Jane Iredale... the list goes on. This stuff runs circles around all those brands. If it is ever discontinued, I don't know what I will do. It is expensive, but the tube lasts forever! It is so highly pigmented that you barely use any. And honestly, I would probably pay more for a product of this quality.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by natalieincali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This concealer is INCREDIBLE!!! I'm thinking they must have changed their formula given all the bad reviews are really old. This gives you SO much coverage and completely covers dark circles. A little goes a VERY long way since it's incredibly pigmented. I've tried just about every high end concealer out there, and this is one of my favorites. HIGHLY recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by frizzy1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Really love this concealer. I have some acne scarring and dark eye circles and hyper-pigmentation under my jaw and this works on all areas very nicely. It's a great multipurpose concealer.

I have never found a concealer that actually covers the dark acne scars (or actual breakouts) without making them look worse but this product delivers. It doesn't look dried out and built up yet it completely makes dark areas disappear. For under the eye it truly doesn't settle into lines or look dry and caked on. It really blends well and is nearly invisible even if I want to go without foundation.

The only negative for me is the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by manikais

I am 45 and have severe dark undereye circles. In the morning, they look like bruises. I have tried a lot of other concealers. The only other one that came CLOSE to working was Colortration (which had excellent coverage but I couldn't find a colour match and it was quite thick and obvious). Then I bought some of this Dermablend off ebay, in a little tube. I couldn't believe it. Even though it was a thin consistency, it totally covered, without caking and settling into lines. If it's a really bad morning, I might use a second coat, but not often. It stays on well and really has made a huge difference to my appearance like nothing else ever has. I recently also tried the Dermablend Cover Creme foundation (which claims to be waterproof when used with a setting powder) and found that when I used this, it covered my dark circles also, so I didn't need to use extra concealer. However, the Cover Creme is thicker than the Indulgence. Also, make sure you shake your tube with the Smooth Indulgence concealer as sometimes it separates and oily fluid will come out, which dilutes its effectiveness. The tube is small, but you don't need much and mine has lasted AGES. I won't bother buying any other type of concealer. This is it.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 1:39:00 AM More reviews by stefandomen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a new concealer for me and hopefully it won't end up in my graveyard of useless concealers. And that is one expensive graveyard since it's full of almost all high end concealers such as Amazing, Too Faced, Paula Dorf( although still occasionally use), Mac and Benefit. Also in there are Maybelline, Cover Girl etc... And that is not too mention all the concealers I have bought and returned like MUFE, Cover FX, Studio Gear, Laura Gellar and on and on the list goes. I like it so far. I bought Nude and worried that it would turn orange since that seems to be a common complaint. It turned kind of orange on the back of my hand, but not on my face. Strange! Lasted a good amount of time (except around my runny nose) and was medium coverage. Mixed a little with Effarcernes for under my eyes and had no creasing or settling in fine lines or looking dry. I want to keep trying more concealers but I'm running out of options (and money) !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Retromushroom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG! It hides all the redness and never makes my skin peel. It lasts for hours never wears off or gets shiny. I've been using it for about a year now and i'm so glad i found it. The price is pretty expensive for a concealer (mine was $18) but just a dab does the trick making it last for awhile. I cannot imagine finding a better concealer because this one is so great.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by BluegrassGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have been using this stuff for the past 2 years now and I love it!!!! It does an amazing job concealing breakouts and acne scarring. It has an amazing texture and its very blendable. This is HG status for me!!!