November 23, 2014 | 1939 users online

Sunscreen - Colorescience - Sunforgettable SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Tashi09

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used to get this from the dermatologist in the orb, and recently searched for it online. I was happy to find a refill for $25 (not a huge bargain; it's a pretty small amount). I just put it in an old Lancome MMU container that I had saved. I apply it with the old Lancome MMU brush, too. This works well. I never liked the Colorescience brush very much, and I have more control when I dip the brush into the powder.

(PTR got blasted by the Environmental Working Group for packaging powder sunscreen in one of those brushes. Apparently you don't want to inhale Zinc and Titanium Dioxide.)

I have tried a lot of sunscreens and basically hate them all. I pass all of the creams and lotions on to my insensitive husband. I need something that doesn't cause irritation or breakouts, and in the summertime, mineral powder is pretty much all I can use. I can't say I adore this or anything, but it works and I need the protection.

Colorescience Concierge is helpful if you have questions. I used to use Perfectly Clear, which I thought was the lightest shade. So I ordered Fair, the new lightest shade. Too fair for NC20! Concierge directed me to Medium, which is just about right.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Formerann83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Loved the idea of this for my sensitive rosacea skin but was left dissatisfied. The brush clogged and even though it didn't break me out, it didn't block the sun even with a generous application. Not a fan.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by acalab2781

This sunscreen is fantastic for my pale, sensitive, and breakout-prone skin. I know that I need sunscreen, but can't use any of the liquid versions because they give me cystic acne. I tried to use the Peter Thomas Roth version, but it was WAY too dark for me. I got the Colorescience in Fair (no sparkles) and can use it in place of a finishing powder over my makeup. It blends in and gives me a natural, matte finish. I just purchased a second tube to keep in my purse so I never have a reason to not reapply. I have been outside for nine hours, and with reapplication (which I would need with any sunscreen product), I don't get any color at all. Love this stuff and highly recommend it, despite that it's expensive, because it's great. If you're on the fence, make sure to order from a website with an excellent return policy and you won't worry as much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 4:13:00 AM More reviews by Tindra78

My skin: adult hormonal acne, melasma and very sensitive skin.

I'm looking for something to add to my daily sunscreens ( mostly Elta Md clear or Glycolix elite spf 30) when I'm out the whole day and the sun is shining. Needs to be good-looking, but still non-comedogenic and protect the skin.

I bought the matte Fair shade. I'm usually a NC/NW 15-20. This was far to light for me and looks chalky!

It also feels a little thick and heavy on my very scarred skin with my enlarged pores... surely cause of the high amount of the minerals....? It unfortunately doesn't look good, it accentuates every pore and line, and you look older.... It's a hard choice when you need a physical sunscreen. I can live with the awful look on my "more even areas" on the face, but the problem areas just looks awful with this. If I mainly use it when I'm exercising or other "not-social" activities, I can survive the look.....

I think I still would have to order one darker shade to be able to wear it more confidently in town. If it's worth the price? This is extremely pricey! Still hope and believe there are cheaper alternatives....

Don't know if I breaks me out but will update.

This feels heavier then PTR's instant mineral spf 30 powder, but that one is too dark for me. But that one feels a little better.

Update 140603: Changed my mind and ordered the perfectly clear shade anyway. Like it! Did it cause I recently got the Dermaceutic Spot peel, and right now I even more need the sunscreen... Still no breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

This powder sunscreen is phenomenal....but also really expensive! I got the palest color as most powders change color on me (NC10-15) and this is perfect for touch ups and for mattifying.

The brush gets dirty very fast as it gets covered with whatever makeup I am trying to mattify, so essentially you can only clean the brush when you add a new refill to the product. The SPF 30 cost me $60.00 but I believe the refills are only $20 or so.

I don't have an issue getting the powder onto the brush (unlike the PTR SPF30 brush on sunscreen which was a nightmare to apply) and so you could almost apply too much of this powder. It does go everywhere, so is best to apply before you get dressed. Well worth a try if you prefer the convenience of powder sunscreens.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Princess2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of the best sunscreen products I ever purchased. This is a mineral sunscreen in powder form. The color fits in well with my foundation, it is smooth on my skin and with me who is a sun kid, this is so helpful to prevent sun damage. The container is refillable - the product is a bit pricy, but it lasts very long. At least two months and I apply it every single day. I will not go without this product. For many years I didn't wear sunscreen and do regret it today. But it is never too late .....

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by iJulianne

I have a love/hate relationship with this sunscreen. The powder itself is great. It has a nice texture and a nice finish. I am using the Perfectly Clear colour and it doesn't make me look either chalky or sparkly, just a nice clean matte finish. I purchased this product because I am vigilant about sun protection and most appreciate the fact that it is a sunscreen. I always wear it on top of a cream/lotion sunscreen so can't vouch for how it is on it's own, but I have definitely seen the benefits of the added protection.

My single biggest complaint about this product is the packaging. The packaging is horrible! One of it's touted benefits is you can carry it in your purse and reapply on-the-go. Good luck getting it out of packaging. The product is very, very hard to release into the built in brush with a lot of tapping and banging required before even a small amount is available. I've been using it at home by emptying the product out of the cartridge onto a tissue and then using the brush to apply.

Overall, good idea, good product, disastrous packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by changja2

My review is on the older product - I've had the portable retractable brush and am still currently using the shaker can - both in the color Perfectly Clear. I just checked the website out and found that they have changed the color formulation to fair, medium and tan and do not offer the shaker can but a jar.

I initially liked the brush version because it was portable. However, it often became clogged or dispensed the product unevenly, especially after I would clean the brush per instructions.

With the shaker can, I sprinkle some onto a tissue and use a large fluffy brush to pat it all over my face - just like using setting powder. My shaker can has lasted me over 1.5 years with almost daily use. I like that it mattifies my face a little (I have quite an oily T-zone) and that because it's a physical blocker, I don't have to reapply it during my normal day ( vs a chemical sunscreen that needs reapplication every 2 hours). It's easy to cover strange areas like my ears and reapplication is a breeze. It doesn't clog my pores. This product makes it easy for me to enjoy my beach vacations and still stay fair skinned. Someday when I have to buy the new formulation, my attitude may change. As I managed to get ahold of another shaker can, so it won't be for awhile.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a deluxe sample of this product in the color Tan and it a close match for my nc40 skintone. Its a very convenient makeup product and I like that it feels lighter than liquid makeup. This washes well at the end of the day without clogging my pores. It covers my acne marks and over concealer, it doesnt make my concealer darker! Which happens to me alot. I really like this product but physician formula has the healthy wear bronzer spf50, in the "light" shade which matches my skin better. So I wont buy the full size product when pf discontinues their bronzer. Also this doesnt control my oil like pf does.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bougth this from my derm's office upon their suggestion. I use this suncreen when I'm going outside for run/jog in the sun, or to top up my sunscreen at the beach etc. I agree with all the pros listed by seattlemama, and would add that it works immediatly, so you don't need to wait for it soak in before youre protected. It doesn't cause any breakouts for me either. I've had it for over a year and I'm only just halfway through. I don't find the bristles on my brush fall out, but they are a little bit on the hard side. Overall, this serves a great purpose for me and I would continue to buy.