April 20, 2014 | 1692 users online

Sunscreen - Colorescience - Sunforgettable SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

This powder sunscreen is phenomenal....but also really expensive! I got the palest color as most powders change color on me (NC10-15) and this is perfect for touch ups and for mattifying.

The brush gets dirty very fast as it gets covered with whatever makeup I am trying to mattify, so essentially you can only clean the brush when you add a new refill to the product. The SPF 30 cost me $60.00 but I believe the refills are only $20 or so.

I don't have an issue getting the powder onto the brush (unlike the PTR SPF30 brush on sunscreen which was a nightmare to apply) and so you could almost apply too much of this powder. It does go everywhere, so is best to apply before you get dressed. Well worth a try if you prefer the convenience of powder sunscreens.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Princess2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of the best sunscreen products I ever purchased. This is a mineral sunscreen in powder form. The color fits in well with my foundation, it is smooth on my skin and with me who is a sun kid, this is so helpful to prevent sun damage. The container is refillable - the product is a bit pricy, but it lasts very long. At least two months and I apply it every single day. I will not go without this product. For many years I didn't wear sunscreen and do regret it today. But it is never too late .....

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by iJulianne

I have a love/hate relationship with this sunscreen. The powder itself is great. It has a nice texture and a nice finish. I am using the Perfectly Clear colour and it doesn't make me look either chalky or sparkly, just a nice clean matte finish. I purchased this product because I am vigilant about sun protection and most appreciate the fact that it is a sunscreen. I always wear it on top of a cream/lotion sunscreen so can't vouch for how it is on it's own, but I have definitely seen the benefits of the added protection.

My single biggest complaint about this product is the packaging. The packaging is horrible! One of it's touted benefits is you can carry it in your purse and reapply on-the-go. Good luck getting it out of packaging. The product is very, very hard to release into the built in brush with a lot of tapping and banging required before even a small amount is available. I've been using it at home by emptying the product out of the cartridge onto a tissue and then using the brush to apply.

Overall, good idea, good product, disastrous packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by changja2

My review is on the older product - I've had the portable retractable brush and am still currently using the shaker can - both in the color Perfectly Clear. I just checked the website out and found that they have changed the color formulation to fair, medium and tan and do not offer the shaker can but a jar.

I initially liked the brush version because it was portable. However, it often became clogged or dispensed the product unevenly, especially after I would clean the brush per instructions.

With the shaker can, I sprinkle some onto a tissue and use a large fluffy brush to pat it all over my face - just like using setting powder. My shaker can has lasted me over 1.5 years with almost daily use. I like that it mattifies my face a little (I have quite an oily T-zone) and that because it's a physical blocker, I don't have to reapply it during my normal day ( vs a chemical sunscreen that needs reapplication every 2 hours). It's easy to cover strange areas like my ears and reapplication is a breeze. It doesn't clog my pores. This product makes it easy for me to enjoy my beach vacations and still stay fair skinned. Someday when I have to buy the new formulation, my attitude may change. As I managed to get ahold of another shaker can, so it won't be for awhile.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a deluxe sample of this product in the color Tan and it a close match for my nc40 skintone. Its a very convenient makeup product and I like that it feels lighter than liquid makeup. This washes well at the end of the day without clogging my pores. It covers my acne marks and over concealer, it doesnt make my concealer darker! Which happens to me alot. I really like this product but physician formula has the healthy wear bronzer spf50, in the "light" shade which matches my skin better. So I wont buy the full size product when pf discontinues their bronzer. Also this doesnt control my oil like pf does.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bougth this from my derm's office upon their suggestion. I use this suncreen when I'm going outside for run/jog in the sun, or to top up my sunscreen at the beach etc. I agree with all the pros listed by seattlemama, and would add that it works immediatly, so you don't need to wait for it soak in before youre protected. It doesn't cause any breakouts for me either. I've had it for over a year and I'm only just halfway through. I don't find the bristles on my brush fall out, but they are a little bit on the hard side. Overall, this serves a great purpose for me and I would continue to buy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hmmm. I have the "almost clear" version in the retractable brush I'm on the fence about this stuff. Pros: 1) It works really well -- I have never burned when I've been wearing it and I tend to burn really easily so that's saying a lot. 2) It lasts - I've had it for a year and don't seem to have made much of a dent in it. 3) It's not greasy like cream sunscreens and it also isn't drying. It doesn't make me break out. 4) It's great for kids and husbands who are reluctant to use regular sunscreen. Now for the cons: 1) The brush bristles are way too hard and they fall out like crazy all over my face every time I use it. 2) If you put it on lightly, you can't see where you've put it. If you put it on heavy, you look like a ghost. 3) It ruins my dewy face makeup. I only use this when I'm going to be outside with my kids for a few hours. I would never wear this when I'm going to work. 4) Cost. I will not repurchase - I will be trying the Peter Thomas Roth version of this next in the hope that it has a softer, more well-made brush and is less ghostly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by gitsNshiggles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recieved this sunblock powder but it was the one in the orb packaging that comes with a cute blue powder puff for a contest giveaway i won from beautysak.com. The packaging first of all is sooooo cute and it goes on sheer and feels silky. I use so many high spf makeup products on my face, I must have an extreme white cast in photos. I use this as my translucent powder to set my concealer or to get rid of shine. I really like this product, the only thing holding me back from purchasing it is the price! Its extremely expensive for a college student like myself.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by ninac

Great for quickly applying both sunscreen and makeup. Looks natural if applied lightly. But I do notice tiny spots (clogged pores filled w/ whiteheads. gross.) on my face with daily use. Still use on occasion because it's convenient. Hoping to find alternative though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 3:39:00 AM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in a kit and I was so excited. This has been something I had been wanting for over 2 years and just did not want to pay the expensive price tag. I apply it over my normal moisturizer and primer and then smooth this on with a kabuki brush. Then when I want to cover my acne better I use a concealer brush to tap it on. I do not need any other concealers or powders at least if I use the colored formula. I have been a little iffy on the shaker packaging. I usually shake some into the lid and swirl my brush into it. Altogether a great product. It is the best thing if I am in a rush or just running out quit and need some quick coverup.