October 25, 2014 | 1540 users online

Hair Styling Tools - FHI - FHI Heat - 205RFI Ceramic Iron

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by nikkimorrissey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've had my FHI iron for over 5 years now, still going strong. I do wish it had a temperature dial on it though. I use it almost daiky with no problems. It has a very smooth pull that leaves my hair soft and shiny. I will most definitely purchase another one if I ever need to.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by taylor487

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm so glad i finally found comparasions of the chi, hana and fhi. ive been looking everywhere and just comparing reviews...a consistant issue with the CHI's were they broke shortly after buying (this is likely because initally they were made in the US and made well- then sold the name and now their made in China with cheap parts, typical mass production). So then i was comparing Hana and FHI. From the reviews, i read so many good ones on both but bottom line the FHI's had more 5 star reviews and happier buyers. I cant wait for my FHI platform to come!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

The only bad thing about this iron is that it has no temp control, but at $40 a pop you get what you pay for. I do not recommend using this iron everyday... I say that about all flat irons, but especially ones where you can't control the heat. It slips through the hair in one go, easy too handle, but can get hot. A quality inexpensive product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by demi29

WOW
this product is absoulutely amazing, i would actually recomend this product over GHD products for a numbetr of reasons

1) My GHD straighters broke, while my FHI straighters keep on working
2)FHI straightners are less likely to burn your hair (more ceramic)
3) As they are more ceramic you can also curl your hair easier as well as straighten easier

Theese straightners i recomend to alll types of hair

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2009 10:41:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've had my FHI straightener since 2005 actually. Im just reviewing about it now since I recently joined MUA. I have to say this is a great straightener. I have thick hair thats not exactly straight. Normal drugstore brand straighteners never worked with my hair. This thing heats up fast and stays hot until you turn it off. I have had is for 4 years and I use it several times a week and it has never failed me. Its a good curler too and the curls hold when you use it as a curler. Curls stay until you wash it. No need to buy a curler. A good straightener like this one is worth the investment. True ceramic plates. It feels nice in the hands and the cord swivels so its easier to handle. Though the one thing it doesnt give you is temperature settings, there is only an on/off button. I dont mind that since my hair is thick and I use heat protector so my hair can handle it. There are versions that have settings so I think they would be another good option. Overall love this strightener! If it ever fails me anytime soon then Ill go back and buy the exact same one because it will probably last another couple of years.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by irielove420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This review is for the Technique G2 flatiron. I have this and the Chi Turbo. I tend to use the Chi more often than the FHI because the Chi works better, to me. I really like how it makes spiral curls too! I think I might start using this straightener more than my Chi to see if it is better.

*EDIT* I love this so much more than my chi!
this is how the website describes is:

FHI Heat’s second generation of TECHNIQUE styling irons brings professional hair artistry within reach literally. Advanced ceramic tourmaline technology restores shine, suppleness and moisture to even damaged hair.

•Tourmaline plates produce negative ions which allow hair to absorb moisture and reduce static
•Advanced PTC heater means irons heats up quickly and maintains consistent optimum styling temperature
•Auto Sense Control automatically calibrates the heater based on hair texture
•Beveled ceramic plates are perfect for creating curls, waves and flips
•Proprietary Nano-Fuzeion™ Technology produces unmatched conditioning and shine
•Low Electromagnetic Field

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2009 5:22:00 PM More reviews by nicky715

This brand is actually the best brand recommended by salons currently after a year of production the new FHIs have beaten all other top straightening irons HAI, SOLIA, SEDU, T3, BABYBLISS, GHD and especially the CHI which are now old since the FHIs arent just ceramic but also tourmaline infused giving 20X more negative ions that give hair moisture. This is definitely the CHI-killer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2009 4:19:00 PM More reviews by MsAnthropy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just had to refute Admeno's review below.

FHI originally made CHI. Until they sold to a Chinese company who cheapened things in order to distribute more.

Ive looked at a number of forums dedicated to hair and the answer seems very clear. Almost everyone with a flat iron who had a CHI or HAI then got a FHI prefers the FHI. Not that the other two brands arent good. It seems most of the people who had been usuing them were very satisfied until they ran across FHI....Then they saw what they were missing.

Why so much hype about CHI? Because people are mindless lemmings who like a brand with a lot of hype.

Which is why I urge each of you to go the CHI website and then to FHIheat.com and compare point by point the features and technology used in both products.

Ive no doubt that you'll find the FHI superior.

Another point. NEITHER the FHI under or any of the CHI irons boast full 100% ceramic plates! They BOTH have baked layers of ceramic over something else but NOT FULL ceramic plates.

Only two irons can boast 100% ceramic plates and they are the FHI RUNWAY and the Hana Elite which i hear is comparable and retails for $190 as opposed to $450.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by harvette

I have the Technique G2 1" (well I have it now, I'm planning on returning it), pink one with a set temperature - as far as options on it, there's an on-off switch, that's it.

It was $70ish at Ulta and it's not a bad flat iron. It does not snag hair at all, there is no smell from the iron or my hair and no smoking. All good things. That said, I don't think it gets hot enough.

The box has no information or claims about the temperature this thing supposedly reaches. So basically you have no other option than to assume it's at its hottest temp after heating up for a few minutes. It seems to cool down with use, so I had to put it down and let it heat up again for a few minutes. It took too long to straighten my shoulder length hair.

It basically wasn't hot enough to completely straighten my hair. I have very curly/wavy hair, but it's not kinky or coarse and it's healthy.

I previously had a cheap chi-knock off that I mistakenly bought off eBay (realized after buying that there was no way a real CHI would be that cheap!) that straightened my hair WAY better than this one. It broke after a few uses, but at least my hair was completely flat, not even humidity curled it up again. I need to keep looking for a quality flat iron that will give me that.

I would not recommend this particular flat iron to anyone except those with straight or slightly wavy hair looking to use it to make waves and curls.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by puro1212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product has been discontinued. So, I would recommend the FHI 207RVI or the FHI platform.